Thread: Your Favorite Elvis Video Bootlegs From 70's

I love MANY Elvis live concerts on bootlegs.
    My favorites;

Elvis In Concert (CBS Tapes) Omaha & Rapid City

Omaha'74

Pittsburh New year Eve'76

Madison Square Garden footages

OK help me please
    'My music is why I was put on this earth' Elvis Presley

Elvis from Russia
    www.elvispresley.ru

I love the Los Angeles 1974 show where Elvis is dressed in the "Peacock Suit" singing "You Can Have Her".

What a performance that is.

ROCK ON
    Joe Lightcloud

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    That is fantastic footage. One of my favorites I have on the same tape with that L.A. show. I haven't watched it in a while, but it's from '75 and he's wearing the Gypsy suit. Asheville? I'm pretty sure it was one of those great shows from July. Anyway, you see him wearing a big, tall goofy hat (I remember later listening to the show and the crowd really went nuts with laughter when he put it on) and there are some great performances. Polk Salad Annie stands out in my mind because he was really cooking on that one. My Boy is on there too...Somebody tell me what I'm talking about! Mike, I know you know. :help:
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Coming On Strong
    Sounds like you have some footage from the August 18th 1975 opening show Bobby. My Boy wasn?t performed during the July 1975 tour.

My favorite footage is from the Chicago June 17th 1972 concert with Elvis in one of his blouse/trousers combinations. The sound is great, and the quality is very good also. Only downpoint is that none of the songs are complete

International Level
    So far i like the Pittsburh New year Eve'76

and the last show in 1977, i dont have many live vcds yet but i am going to try
    to get them.

and the cbs tapes are nice two.
    Curtis Simpkins

Long Live Vinyl. :worthy:

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Well, that's a hard one.... i only know a few complete import videos, so chosing one of them, I'd say the Atlanta, december '76. That famous short tour, what more do I need to say
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Coming On Strong
    Agreed Albert, the Atlanta footage is also among my favorites and the quality isn?t the worst either

Backstage Pass
    I love this audience footage, even if it's not great quality. There's some from May 2, 77 that's good, Burning in Birmingham is a great show (filmed from the side), August 75 where he puts a glove puppet on his hand during love Me and mimes the backing vocals,
    I'd love to see that Ashville show and the last concert.
    rick
    rick

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Originally posted by lonniebealestreet@May 19 2004, 05:40 PM
    That is fantastic footage. One of my favorites I have on the same tape with that L.A. show. I haven't watched it in a while, but it's from '75 and he's wearing the Gypsy suit. Asheville? I'm pretty sure it was one of those great shows from July. Anyway, you see him wearing a big, tall goofy hat (I remember later listening to the show and the crowd really went nuts with laughter when he put it on) and there are some great performances. Polk Salad Annie stands out in my mind because he was really cooking on that one. My Boy is on there too...Somebody tell me what I'm talking about! Mike, I know you know. :help:
    Stefan is right Bobby....the footage you are referring to is from Elvis' August '75 Vegas engagement!! I don't know if I have seen any decent footage from any of the Asheville '75 shows...maybe I do have some, but it is just incorrectly dated...but I don't think I have any!

I also really enjoy the L.A. '74 footage with Elvis in his Peacock Suit!

BUT...one of my FAVORITE bootleg videos is the one entitled THE LAST TOUR which has footage from Kansas City and Chicago in '77. The quality is SUPERB and Elvis is in good form and mood throughout the video, in my opinion! Just a GREAT video!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Many, MANY years ago I bought some very expensive live videos. Once I received them I was extremely dissapointed: the moviequality was horrible and the sound was overdubbed (and never matched the movie).

So now I'm very hesitate about these import videos. The covers of the dvd's and vcd's look very promising, but I still can't shake of that dissapointed feeling from the past.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

kennyelvis
    I understand you Albert, i did the same thing many years ago when i started to collect videos, a friend and i bought some videos from U.S.A. i think we payed $ 100 for each video tape, but one of the tapes have somthing good on it 40 min from opening night august 1970, i havent seen them in years, i think i must get them over to vcd`s or dvd`s.
    But yes Albert, the quality on most of the stuff that are out on vcd`a and dvd`s are not very good,

So do not EVER pay much for any vcd`s or dvd befor you have seen the quality on the film :bash:

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Originally posted by jungleroom76@May 19 2004, 10:32 PM
    Stefan is right Bobby....the footage you are referring to is from Elvis' August '75 Vegas engagement!
    Yeah, you guys are right. I was thinking that was footage from a tour, not Vegas, but I stand corrected.

I should add all the '77 footage and the Pittsburgh show are favorites as well.

Regarding the often low quality of these types of films, it is easy to get disappointed in them when you go from watching things like TTWII, EOT, Lost Performances, Aloha to this amateur-shot footage (which makes the Elvis In Concert footage recommended viewing, among other reasons). But when you consider that aside from that handful of shows and after Aloha, professional films of Elvis's concerts don't exist. So when you consider it's some low-quality footage versus nothing, you go with the former. However that isn't always much consolation when you've paid good money for some of those videos, especially if it was said to be in excellent quality. I suppose some could be called excellent, but it's as though a different grading scale applies, knowing the amateur-shot footage only gets so good. Pittsburgh sure is excellent, if any of them are.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Geeze, this is a hard one for me to answer since I have so many favorites!

I'll say Return to Splendour.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

International Level
    I am new to these vcds of Elvis in concert, and i have only a few good ones.

but i dont have this Atlanta, december '76, so how is the footage from this vcd.

and the Return to Splendour. vcd.

And where can i get these vcds.

any info would be great.
    Curtis Simpkins

Long Live Vinyl. :worthy:

Backstage Pass
    I found footage from (I think) June 18, 1977 a bit sad. Elvis appears in his King of Spades suit and seems very inactive and a bit like his performance the following night.
    When he mentions that he's wearing a new suit and its a bit `narrow' and he might turn blue you feel he is a bit embarrassed about his weight. However, he does seem to enjoy himself through the show.
    rick

Oh yes I love RETURN TO SPLENDOUR very much too It was my very first Elvis' video footage. Fantastic video!
    And I love Elvis concert footages from Las Vegas'70 and from Vegas August-September1972
    'My music is why I was put on this earth' Elvis Presley

Elvis from Russia
    www.elvispresley.ru