Thread: Distorted Appearance On HQ Photos

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States

Distorted Appearance On HQ Photos

I have been pulling my hair out recently over this issue, so please help me figure it out!

For some reason, I have a problem viewing High Quality Resolution Photos. Many times they appear on my screen in a very "distorted" or "smeared" look. This used to happen quite often on my old computer, then just a few days ago I purchased a new computer;however, the same problem still exists!

One more thing, and to all my friends outside the U.SA. - PLEASE DON'T BE UPSET WITH ME FOR SAYING THIS, yet many of the photos I see in this manner come from outside the U.S. Could there be a software or computer graphics difference that causes this effect?

So, does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to correct it?

Any assistance / tips would be appreciated - I am almost bald now!
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Big Boss Man, can't you hear--- I mean, are you viewing those photos in your web browser? If so, your browser could be resizing the photos to fit the window (I use Firefox and it does that). If this is the case, clicking on the photo should enlarge it to its real size and get rid of the distortion. You can then resize the window and/or scroll across the image to view it in full.

If you're using some image viewing program it should have an option to not resize pictures to fit the screen/window, or at least to do it in a smarter way (interpolation) that reduces the distortion.

I can't think of any reason why pictures from outside the US would be any different. Computers and software are pretty much the same the world over.

If this doesn't fix it, I'm sure we can figure it out if you could be a little more specific about the problem and the software you're using.

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    I appreciate the input Kapu.

For me it goes both ways; sometimes when viewing photos online, and viewing downloaded photos offline. I normally use Adobe Photoshop (I am currently on version 7.0)

The weird thing is that it doesn't do this all of the time. A while back I received some HQ photos that were all in the same dpi. Some of them were distorted, yet some were clear.

This is very weird - if I could only figure it out?
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Oh, it happens in Photoshop too? What exactly does the distortion/smearing look like? Maybe you could post a screenshot of a distorted photo being displayed? That might help with the diagnosis.

I was thinking it might be a fault with your graphics card but if you just bought a new computer that can't be it either...

Very strange!

Roustabouts
    Hi there !

I think its because outside the US more people work with Pc (cheaper in Europe) and not everybody works with same bit range., I think you should try to covert the Photos.
    MAC is mostly perfect .

Hope thsi helps . TCB, Ray