Thread: An elvis letter in 1974

An elvis letter in 1974

I found a letter from elvis in an internet site,It is really beautiful , and it shows what an emotional person elvis was.This letter has filled my mind , I miss elvis whenever I read it.Does anyone have any idea for whom elvis had written this letter?!
    I guess Iam born in the wrong time period as I,m out of step with my peers and the- expression of my emotions.They hold everything in and suffer and I let it all come to the surface and suffer.I think Its hard both ways......to have openness is good I guess.Gooder, as Lisa would say, gooder and gooder.You,re a better judge than I about these type things. You asked me if I remember you.I do. I remember that early morning when we stood on the balcony and watched that vegas sunrise and that air was crisp and you said you loved Wintertime best.I looked at you and your eyes were like the morning glories growing around the back of our old house in Tupelo and It made me cry, and you thought I was sick, but it was just the beauty of that time......and you.So I do, and I will never forget.Just remember me in return .

Love ya,
    elvis presley

Quote Originally Posted by mistymorning
    I found a letter from elvis in an internet site,It is really beautiful , and it shows what an emotional person elvis was.This letter has filled my mind , I miss elvis whenever I read it.Does anyone have any idea for whom elvis had written this letter?!
    I guess Iam born in the wrong time period as I,m out of step with my peers and the- expression of my emotions.They hold everything in and suffer and I let it all come to the surface and suffer.I think Its hard both ways......to have openness is good I guess.Gooder, as Lisa would say, gooder and gooder.You,re a better judge than I about these type things. You asked me if I remember you.I do. I remember that early morning when we stood on the balcony and watched that vegas sunrise and that air was crisp and you said you loved Wintertime best.I looked at you and your eyes were like the morning glories growing around the back of our old house in Tupelo and It made me cry, and you thought I was sick, but it was just the beauty of that time......and you.So I do, and I will never forget.Just remember me in return .

Love ya,
    elvis presley
    Since nobody is willing to touch this one with a proverbial 10-foot pole:

This "story" rings a bell. It is more than likely, ..... MYTH (to put it as gently as I possibly can).

------------------

BTW, ...... "Wanda June Hill" (the website source of this "letter" & others) ......... best stated ----------> is a MAJOR "Fissured Ceramic" - big time.

- Capt. "EL."
    Last edited by Captain Elwood David; 03-23-2005 at 05:03 AM.

Roustabouts
    I posted this on another thead and am posting here as well:

I am 57 years old and saw Elvis perform live from 1969-1975 - 36 shows in all, mostly in Vegas and most of those I sat by the stage. I came to know people who knew him. NOT the MM guys, but others who worked in the hotel or came often..some ?gate-girls?, etc.

I have in the past written Elvis articles and show reviews for Rex Martin, Strictly Elvis, Reflections (Charlie Hodge and Dan Mingori?s publication in the late 1970's), Elvis World, and several other Elvis magazines through the years. All this under my former name of ?Christine Hayes?.

After Elvis? death I came to know Wanda June Hill and some of the other people like her, who developed friendships with Elvis mostly over the telephone at first, due to his reaching out to them...to ordinary people who were not originally ?Elvis fans?. How did he find them? On movie sets (extras, etc.) was one way. Once he had a ?phone friend? he would call THEIR friends or family members.

Wanda Hill did not write her first book alone...she does not tell her story alone. There were 13 others in her Elvis phone group, and they knew Elvis had others he called like that as well. All 13 and Wanda contributed to her story. I have known Wanda now for about 26 years. She is one of the most sane, loving and honest people I know. I have met some others of the 13 and they are also nice, decent, normal people.

I have listened to (many times) excerpts from Wanda?s recorded conversations with Elvis. I have read almost all the transcripts of these conversations. I heard on those tapes the same man who spoke on the stage in Vegas at rare times in a confidential tone of voice different from the stage ?Elvis?. When he would switch to that voice he was no longer ?Elvis Presley? but instead became Gladys Presley?s boy. When I first listened to Wanda?s tapes I didn?t hear ?Elvis Presley? speaking, but Gladys? boy. I knew without a doubt at that moment that it WAS Elvis. It was the very same voice he switched to on a very rare few occasions on stage...lost in thought, in memory of the past, sharing with his audience just as he shared with Wanda and other of his phone friends. Then he would snap back and be ?Elvis? again and get on with the show.

Much of Wanda?s tapes, transcripts and letters written by Elvis...many to her directly, reveal private information that would not be publically known, but which I already knew, at least in part from the other people I had met before who knew Elvis. In other words, her ?Elvis? matched theirs. Not only in personality, but in certain private details of his life.

Before you ?cast your stones? at Wanda June Hill I ask you to stop and think how people do exactly the same thing to Elvis. They hear a snatch of something someone says about him, or hear just one song...maybe ?Hound Dog?, and he becomes a drugged-out eccentric who couldn?t sing much and was a dumb as they come. Are you willing to make the same judgement call about someone because you read one letter and scanned over a website quickly? Especially when NOTHING on that website or of Wanda?s story about Elvis is negative, invasive or dis-respectful of his memory?

Would Elvis himself make negative statements about another human being he didn?t know and had barely any information on? As he said, ?Don?t judge someone you don?t know, son. You never walked in that man?s shoes.?

If you wish to take a more unbiased look at Wanda?s story, the letters, documents, etc:

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/WJH/wjh_index.htm

I will not be responding any further to dis-respectful postings on the TCB Forums. Many thanks to those of you who are reading this with an open mind and heart.

Quote Originally Posted by maia
    I posted this on another thead and am posting here as well:

I am 57 years old and saw Elvis perform live from 1969-1975 - 36 shows in all, mostly in Vegas and most of those I sat by the stage. I came to know people who knew him. NOT the MM guys, but others who worked in the hotel or came often..some ?gate-girls?, etc.

I have in the past written Elvis articles and show reviews for Rex Martin, Strictly Elvis, Reflections (Charlie Hodge and Dan Mingori?s publication in the late 1970's), Elvis World, and several other Elvis magazines through the years. All this under my former name of ?Christine Hayes?.

After Elvis? death I came to know Wanda June Hill and some of the other people like her, who developed friendships with Elvis mostly over the telephone at first, due to his reaching out to them...to ordinary people who were not originally ?Elvis fans?. How did he find them? On movie sets (extras, etc.) was one way. Once he had a ?phone friend? he would call THEIR friends or family members.

Wanda Hill did not write her first book alone...she does not tell her story alone. There were 13 others in her Elvis phone group, and they knew Elvis had others he called like that as well. All 13 and Wanda contributed to her story. I have known Wanda now for about 26 years. She is one of the most sane, loving and honest people I know. I have met some others of the 13 and they are also nice, decent, normal people.

I have listened to (many times) excerpts from Wanda?s recorded conversations with Elvis. I have read almost all the transcripts of these conversations. I heard on those tapes the same man who spoke on the stage in Vegas at rare times in a confidential tone of voice different from the stage ?Elvis?. When he would switch to that voice he was no longer ?Elvis Presley? but instead became Gladys Presley?s boy. When I first listened to Wanda?s tapes I didn?t hear ?Elvis Presley? speaking, but Gladys? boy. I knew without a doubt at that moment that it WAS Elvis. It was the very same voice he switched to on a very rare few occasions on stage...lost in thought, in memory of the past, sharing with his audience just as he shared with Wanda and other of his phone friends. Then he would snap back and be ?Elvis? again and get on with the show.

Much of Wanda?s tapes, transcripts and letters written by Elvis...many to her directly, reveal private information that would not be publically known, but which I already knew, at least in part from the other people I had met before who knew Elvis. In other words, her ?Elvis? matched theirs. Not only in personality, but in certain private details of his life.

Before you ?cast your stones? at Wanda June Hill I ask you to stop and think how people do exactly the same thing to Elvis. They hear a snatch of something someone says about him, or hear just one song...maybe ?Hound Dog?, and he becomes a drugged-out eccentric who couldn?t sing much and was a dumb as they come. Are you willing to make the same judgement call about someone because you read one letter and scanned over a website quickly? Especially when NOTHING on that website or of Wanda?s story about Elvis is negative, invasive or dis-respectful of his memory?

Would Elvis himself make negative statements about another human being he didn?t know and had barely any information on? As he said, ?Don?t judge someone you don?t know, son. You never walked in that man?s shoes.?

If you wish to take a more unbiased look at Wanda?s story, the letters, documents, etc:

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/WJH/wjh_index.htm

I will not be responding any further to dis-respectful postings on the TCB Forums. Many thanks to those of you who are reading this with an open mind and heart.
    Thanks so much Maia for your detailed useful information.I,m happy that you post in this forum, you are a wonderful person and your site is REALLY AWSOME! I love it and go there frequently.I,m sure that Elvis was a special person in every aspect, personally, spritually and physically. I don,t approve disrespectful posts too specially from elvis fans.

a moment!

At some point I'm just bound to say 'a candy coloured clown they call the sandman'... I just mean that I can't take it anymore - some people try to put Elvis down. It's our responsibility, being Elvis fans, to keep his legacy alive.

I don't know about all these things, but it is true that Elvis was a very special person; our hero certainly didn't lack emotion and spirit. It's just that... why did he have to be so wonderful?!
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 03-12-2006 at 03:26 PM. Reason: minor error

He does not have to be so wonderful. He was just a human being with his bright sides and his dark sides. If you're an Elvis fan you have to take both. Because he showed his dark sides as much as his bright one he was a unique person. He didn't wear no mask.

What strikes me in the above posts is that people hide behind Elvis when they themselves get hurt as if we're trying to put Elvis down. To be truthful that kind of sickenes me. Secondly they start summing up their achievements in life as I they have to prove something. I saw this happen several times now. If I know something about Elvis and I want to share it I wouldn't give a rat's *** if some would not believe it. That's their loss.

Regarding the letter(s); we do know Elvis was not a writer. We do know about the Nixon letters and he seems to have write a lot of stuff for his 1974 karate project. Both occasions he was very driven and motivated in a positive way. I have never heard about him putting his inner feelings on paper, he was always more one to have a face to face talk with someone he could really trust. But this is just an opinion, I can't back it up with facts.

Backstage Pass
    Maia, even if WJH is telling the absolute truth, what sort of "friend" records private and personal conversations ? That is disgraceful.
    "When You Let Your Head get Too Big, It'll Break your Neck" Elvis Presley.

International Level

Cool

Wanda is the woman who has:

- A "letter from Vernon Presley" in which Tennessee was printed *Tennassee* on the *printed letterhead*

The lengths she went to in order to make herself seem like a close friend of Elvis was/is scary.

Although she was dirt poor, she managed to come up with the money for constant gifts to a young man who lived down the street who was an Elvis fan (and later an impersonator) and his girlfriend, saying they were "from Elvis."

From time to time she put "Elvis" on the phone to talk to him. He was so thrilled. But eventually the truth trickled out. She's also the one who claims Dick Grob raped her daughter, yet when she saw Grob at an Elvis fan convention, she had a good look at him for quite a while and had *no idea* who he was!

To give people like this and Billy Miller, Dr.Hinton etc.... any time is just fueling their idle fantasy's about knowing Elvis. However, I do find it amusing that they have such active imaginations. They just fail to realise that a lot of people around Elvis then are still around now!
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Leroy, I do understand your remarks in this context, and the remarks about having to be careful when people are trying to analyse letters and determining their authenticity. It's no secret that a lot of rubbish has been and is being published.

Yes, of course Elvis was a human being, but he did carry a divine spark! For better or for worse, his musical, human and cultural achievements are something for me to admire. If you think Elvis was dark, you don't know a thing about human history; he's an angel to me, no matter how difficult this may be for others. My opinion is not the one and only, but I am entitled to have my opinion - some castrate animals for a living, Elvis was a musician; and a good one too.

I love Elvis and it hurts me when people don't take him seriously. Elvis wasn't a nutcase - Aristotle was not Belgian - the central message of Buddhism is not: every man for himself!
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

if anyone can see anything "DARK"in his spirite, than goobbye my friends, I'm on my way to the hell,floor 7 right now..Why he has to have those dark sides..? I'm tired of this "he wasn't perfect "sentence..do we feel guilty for loving him that much? is this a crime..??What is perfection..? there is no such thing created in this life yet..if anyone believe there is something called perfection, then Elvis is the closest person to this point..after all,he didn't buy all the love of all those people around the world ,so there must be a right reason for him gaining this ha?

You are all missing the point, but it's all right by me. If you just want to believe in that angel crap, please feel free. That was exactly what made life difficult for Elvis. That was exactly what made it impossible for him to relate to people in a normal way. I'm not even going to try to explain what I mean because we seem to speak in a different language.

4theheart excellent!! you are soooooo right!! why we should mention he is not perfect, he has got dark side,..... whenever we are going to show our love to him!! he is a unique person and his good qualities are so much more than those dark sides that some people are keeping to mention!! so many people love im! then how can he be a person like others?! an ordinary person?!
    I think just the same about elvis!! thank you thank you for the post!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEHEART
    if anyone can see anything "DARK"in his spirite, than goobbye my friends, I'm on my way to the hell,floor 7 right now..Why he has to have those dark sides..? I'm tired of this "he wasn't perfect "sentence..do we feel guilty for loving him that much? is this a crime..??What is perfection..? there is no such thing created in this life yet..if anyone believe there is something called perfection, then Elvis is the closest person to this point..after all,he didn't buy all the love of all those people around the world ,so there must be a right reason for him gaining this ha?

faith

Well, I don't really think that 'angel crap' got Elvis in to trouble. I think that spirituality played such an important role in Elvis' life; he grew up singing gospel songs. I think the issues that caused him trouble were about people seeing him as an economic entity instead of a soul. I don't think Elvis would have liked others to get him away from his faith in God. 4theheart is right; we should not feel guilty for loving Elvis; it is not a crime.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..