Thread: New CD's....

New CD's....

Hi All:

The 3 new cd's are released...but...did any of our dutch friends here seen these discs in the stores yet? I didn't see them at Van Leest or The Free Record Shop...tha last chain is the biggest in Holland but also a shop the has less and less cd's, the stores are filled with dvd's and only a small part of the shop is used for cd's, and Elvis hasn't his own section anymore..he is just under the P...
    Why? the guy who is working there simply told me: this guy presley isn't selling anymore and we only sell his latest releases if a lot of people are asking for the latest presley release.
    For me it was also the last time i did set a foot inside this store...a record store simply has to sell the latest release from any "big" artist, and Elvis is still a big seller here in Holland (more than 100.000 cd's each year) and not let the store manager personal view/taste counts for what the local store is selling...
    But back to my question now...
    Did anyone of you seen these 3 new discs and how is the sound? i heard the sound is fantastic...

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Hi All:

The 3 new cd's are released...but...did any of our dutch friends here seen these discs in the stores yet? I didn't see them at Van Leest or The Free Record Shop...tha last chain is the biggest in Holland but also a shop the has less and less cd's, the stores are filled with dvd's and only a small part of the shop is used for cd's, and Elvis hasn't his own section anymore..he is just under the P...
    Why? the guy who is working there simply told me: this guy presley isn't selling anymore and we only sell his latest releases if a lot of people are asking for the latest presley release.
    For me it was also the last time i did set a foot inside this store...a record store simply has to sell the latest release from any "big" artist, and Elvis is still a big seller here in Holland (more than 100.000 cd's each year) and not let the store manager personal view/taste counts for what the local store is selling...
    But back to my question now...
    Did anyone of you seen these 3 new discs and how is the sound? i heard the sound is fantastic...
    Over welke drie cd's heb je het?
    About which three cd's are you talking about?

So you didn't see them either...
    Very strange..cause it's a global release by sony/bmg...
    I'm going to check this afternoon again at Van Leest if the cd's are on the shelves now...although there is nothing real new on this releases i want them for the sound quality, the people who allready bought them are real praising the sound on these new releases....

Cd's ....where.....

Nope...

Nothing in the stores so far...

Sonny

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I guess you mean these cd's:

Haven't seen them yet. Great tracklisting by the way. Finally something different than the releasing the same old hitsingels. Hope they'll sell well.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

International Level ComeBackChick's Avatar
    Jeez, these look very bootleggy to me!!!

Have seen FAR BETTER cover designs on this site... these covers suck!!!!!

PS: that Free Record Shop is only selling books games and DVD's now.... CD section is shrinking by the week, really weird for a "Recordshop"... That store pretty much sucks too!!!

Here in Italy you can already find the 3 cds ...I like the covers but I'm still not sure to buy them 'cause they seem just 3 collection (more for someone who wants to discover Elvis and his music for the first time).
    I prefer buying something different at the moment, also because here in Italy they're very expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackChick
    Jeez, these look very bootleggy to me!!!

Have seen FAR BETTER cover designs on this site... these covers suck!!!!!

PS: that Free Record Shop is only selling books games and DVD's now.... CD section is shrinking by the week, really weird for a "Recordshop"... That store pretty much sucks too!!!
    Here in America, I saw these in stores about three days ago. The tracklisting is interesting, but I agree about the cheap looking covers. Very tacky.
    "I can't see my reflection in the water. I can't speak the sounds that show no pain. I can't hear the echo of my footsteps. I can't remember the sound of my own name" - Tomorrow Is A Long Time

They're in stores here! Just a basic release... nothing special.

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    I bought the country one and I think the sound is noticeably superior...some songs more than others, naturally.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Cadillac King
    IF I buy any it'll be Inspirational. MAYBE, Country. Elvis '50s Rock ain't my cup o' tea.

Ben het eens met het feit dat Free Record Shop en Van Leest maar een matig cd assortiment hebben en het Elvis assortiment is al helemaal niks. Wanneer je vraagt of ze er nog iets van binnenkrijgen of voor je bestellen weten ze niet eens zeker of het uberhaubt nog te krijgen is. En dat voor zo'n top artiest

Free Record Shop and Van Leest suck
    Cd covers indeed look a bit cheap, actualy that were my first thought when I saw these new releases on the internet.

Cool These 3 Cds Are Available .

hi.- i have seen these cds in my home town - here in england .- i will be getting them soon .- they are available thru hmv -here in england but they are pricey i feel for what they are .- they are compilations thats all -
    i have seen them and ordered them for my collection of cds -

happy hunting .....

I've ordered these cd's at van leest last week (on a monday) and the girl who is working there said to me that these new cd's were in the system of van leest, but not at the headoffice of van leest, so she had to place my order at bmg holland and that the cd's will be there in about 3 days...now more than a week later...no cd's delivered at van leest...
    Still waiting for that phonecall that the cd's are there...
    Will keep you all informed when they do arrive.
    So these 3 new cd;s are not released here in holland by BMG...very strange if you want to make a serie of these themed cd's, and BMG complaines that their latest elvis releases ain't selling...if you don't ship...how do think they will sell?