Thread: Kissin' Cousins DVD cover

Backstage Pass

Kissin' Cousins DVD cover

Hi folks,

in sight of the fact that the official DVD release of the Kissin' Cousins DVD will still take a while, I consoled myself with a self produced DVD for which I demuxed, edited, processed and remuxed the MPEG files from the Warner VCD. Here is the cover.

You can download the cover via ep-tunes.de or use this direct download link.

Hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KC_01.jpg   KC_02.jpg  
    Last edited by Manhattoe; 03-18-2005 at 01:04 AM.

Well, I gotta say, it's not one of my favourite Elvis movies, but you sure did a great job on the cover design - it would be right at home on the shelf among the official Elvis DVD movie covers

I will attatch the small previews from the website link you gave for now................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dvd_kissincousins_01_t.jpe   dvd_kissincousins_02_t.jpe  

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Backstage Pass
    Thanks for your help and your comments, guys.

It works again and I have added the thumbnails above (this flexible edit function is a great feature).

I am sorry to say I just noticed that there is a blemish on the backside. The text (white on red) was to run around the picture with the outraged Pa Morgan, but it doesn't. Well, it will take a while before an improved version will be online.

very good and colorfull design! Should be nice DVD cover although the movie is not that good...
    "Until we meet again, God bless you and Adios."

Y@NOTE RECORDS 2004

TCB Mafia
    Nice job...and i like the movie too seriously i do....i think its a good fun film....and your covers go very nicely along with that.....Cool work
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained
    Have to be honest that I normally are not the biggest fan of your type of designs,
    That's a pity, but I definitely like to read such straight comments. .

I really appreciate the good manners in this board, but sometimes I would that we had more constructive critcism which goes beyond "cool", "I like it", ?another admirable cover" and so on.

Unchained, I am looking forward to reading your next remarks about my work.

but this one is the most original design I have seen in the last 30 days on this board??.still only six replies. (strange)
    The fun is, that I consider this one a mediocre and conventional cover. That's why I don't give much for it myself.
    It seems our tastes seem to differ generally.
    But that's okay and it is a good foundation to exchange views.

?do think you need to make a few small corrections to some of the text.
    ****. It seems ep-tunes isn't online right now and I can't check which files were uploaded. There were mistakes in the first version I made, but I corrected them before the files went online (at least, that's what I thought ). I confused the names Josh and Jody several times (well, they are really looking like twins ). Is that one of the mistakes you mean?

It is a real hazard if you can't put your files online yourself, I can tell you.

Backstage Pass
    I just mean if you look at a lot of other designs made the last few weeks, you can see a lot similarities in all designs. So not much ?new? things in my eyes, just a lot of things I have seen before on other cover, just a different mix so to speak.
    Well, I can't follow you there, but naturally I am somewhat blind in evaluating my own work. In my eyes, the Veni Vidi Vici (i.e.) cover was a fresh design with some elements unseen before.

I have tried a more realistic way of replying to covers in the past, but sometimes people can handle that or mistake it for arrogance............when in my mind it?s just a normal thing to talk about the errors, rather then the good things in a design.
    I can handle that, definitely, and I would be glad if you went doing it that way. I have detected no arrogance in your postings. It is quite natural that people look at things differently and why not talk about that and exchange views.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattoe
    I really appreciate the good manners in this board, but sometimes I would that we had more constructive critcism which goes beyond "cool", "I like it", ?another admirable cover" and so on.
    Totally agree with that sentiment. While it is always appreciated when anyone takes the time to comment on a cover, I also would welcome a little more constructive criticism on technical aspects for instance.

I think Ron is right, though, when he suggests if it's only one or two people wanting to discuss the technical aspects and point out errors or whattever, that this may be misinterpreted by some as arrogance.

Personally I would always welcome constructive criticism, but by the same token, there are others that perhaps take those sort of comments a little too personally.

My opinion is, if you are going to post any artwork and invite comments, you should be prepared to accept the criticism as well as the praise. Nice to have another member here that also welcomes such straight talking.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Cadillac King
    Well Ill be lucky 7 ... nice cover on the whole. I am not technical enough to comment on that aspect, but as this was the only double role Elvis played I feel you should have had both the Morgan's on the cover.

I liked (and still do ) the movie ..not bad, just some light hearted fun that I really enjoyed from when it first came out:

I do wish they could have done away with the Kitty hawks ..but shown those gals in a different role..... waiting impatiently for this and Girl Happy to come out : I loved the begining titles.

jb

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by spinout-designs
    My opinion is, if you are going to post any artwork and invite comments, you should be prepared to accept the criticism as well as the praise. Nice to have another member here that also welcomes such straight talking.
    Quote the cousin:
    "No mo' sweet-talkin' ..."

Quote Originally Posted by jbgude
    I liked (and still do ) the movie ..not bad, just some light hearted fun that I really enjoyed from when it first came out:
    I'm joining in on this one...Kissin' Cousins deserves more credit. My heart melts when Yvonne is chasing him around that tree

Girl Happy...I totally adore that movie...

Manhattoe, I think your cover is very original and very nice. Maybe everyone says such nice things instead of bad because you have a great talent. I usually don't post that often, unless I really like the artwork. That's my way of being truthful. That and sometimes I don't have the time to check out all the work everyone's been doing.

I visited your website and I really loved your Country Sides--was really pretty--and Spiout cover art, too!

- Stacy
    We had the chance to fall
    But fate stepped in to end it all
    Before it could begin

I'm not too fond of the colours used on this design but that is merely personal taste. I think a plain white background would have looked fine. I really, really love the back cover though. Really nice layout. So I give you props for that

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by WildStyle
    I'm not too fond of the colours used on this design but that is merely personal taste. I think a plain white background would have looked fine. I really, really love the back cover though. Really nice layout. So I give you props for that
    Actually, these are not my colors, but I did this design the same time when I was working on the Have a Happy collection and was temporarily caught in a 60s sentiment.

Moreover, the colors are a hommage to the design of the original Kissin Cousins soundtrack album, on which Elvis wore that red jacket and was posting before a background of similar colors.

Right now, I would choose a quite different approach to that DVD cover, but that's a another story ...

Thanks for your comment.