Thread: Patricia Parry

Patricia Parry

I'm looking for a photo of Pat (Patricia) Parry, the only female member of the Memphis Mafia.

Can you help me?

TLC
    Claudia

"Female" MMM .... ?

Not.

That's a self-created label for self-promotion purposes (ie: to make money).

- Capt. "EL."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Elwood David
    "Female" MMM .... ?

Not.

That's a self-created label for self-promotion purposes (ie: to make money).

- Capt. "EL."

???

No, common knowlege...

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    ???

No, common knowlege...
    Hook, line, & sinker ............

- Capt. "EL."

Backstage Pass
    There's an interview I did with her on EIN.

Go here >> Patti Parry Interview

Cheers
    Piers

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Great interview, Piers. Thanks for posting the link.

One thing that stood out to me that she said was her comment that Elvis didn't get along that well with Steve Binder. I hadn't heard that before, but I'm not totally surprised because a lot of Binder's accounts of things that happened then always seemed rather exaggerated to me. So why not the way he implied how he and Elvis clicked as well (assuming that's accurate)?
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Piers -

I enjoy your site & interviews. That said, .... I think that you do avoid hard-hitting questions sometimes (eg: Bonja, Patty, & others). I also understand your reasons for it, though.

--------------

Bobby is correct about Binder & his embellishments. Most that were there do it, but some more so than others.

--------------

They way I see this thread ----->

1. An "Elvis Girl(s)" site looking to kiss the posterior & further promote a fictitious title ("Female MMM") of yet another mild huckster in The Elvis World.

2. Another site, never missing an opportunity to chime in to advertise their site, ....... that also happens to inadvertently do the same thing.

--------------

On that note: Feel free to carry on.

- Capt. "EL."

What a lot of...****

I just had a question. Soon as my page is non comercial, I don't give a toss about any aproval by the people in this forum.

All I wanted was to see what that girl looked like. That's solved. Thank you very much.

And for the rest of it:
    Why can't you live with a female MMM? It certainly doesn't hurt anyone. There are more guys that call themselves MMM and never have been...

Guess, this was my last posting here...

Bye bye

What a lot of...****
    How so? I await your substantive retort; for I certainly don't see it in the above post.

I just had a question. Soon as my page is non comercial, I don't give a toss about any aproval by the people in this forum.
    I rest my case.

All I wanted was to see what that girl looked like. That's solved. Thank you very much.
    If you say so, but I ain't naive, either.

And for the rest of it:
    Why can't you live with a female MMM? It certainly doesn't hurt anyone. There are more guys that call themselves MMM and never have been...
    There is more to it that just the label. Trust me (or not).

You are correct, however, ...... there are many who use the title ...... technically inappropriately, but always for self-promotion.

Guess, this was my last posting here...

Bye bye
    Nobody has asked you to leave, ......... least of all me.

If that's how you feel, however, ............. all the best.

- Capt. "EL."

Backstage Pass
    Piers -

I enjoy your site & interviews. That said, .... I think that you do avoid hard-hitting questions sometimes (eg: Bonja, Patty, & others). I also understand your reasons for it, though.
    Capt EL,

I do certainly try to ask tricky questions without putting off the interviewee. Sometimes you can ask a lead-in question that gets them to ramble along very nicely and open up. Some just "Yes" & "No" and it gets boring as hell!

Patti, while a very friendly person, was not the easiest to interview - and they so often have been asked these questions so many times before - at conferences etc- that they just come out with the short stock reply.

I really enjoyed Larry Geller who, while perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, is honest & forthright and will talk forever and let you ask almost any question. .
    I loved his comments like "Oh my god, that shallow Motherf****r."and he was very passionate.
    I did ask Larry the tricky questions about other members of the M.M but he would not let me print the answers - and for the "nasty" questions unfortunately that has sometimes been the case with other interviewees.

Funnily enough one interview I did (Sid Shaw actually) was full of hard-hitting questions & answers (EPE etc) and in the end I had to run it through a defamation lawyer before putting it on EIN !

AND after that I got stuck with more than a month of 2&fro e-mails from various people (not EPE) suggesting libel actions against EIN or us publishing official apologies etc. etc

And I had to go back to the defamation lawyer again!
    The publisher is libel, not the interviewee of course!
    - Just for an Elvis interview ! ! unbelievable but true.

I do try my best!
    - and will try harder questions in the future just for you!

Cheers
    Piers

Piers,

Like I said, I enjoy your site & interviews ...........

Quote Originally Posted by PiersEIN
    I do certainly try to ask tricky questions without putting off the interviewee. Sometimes you can ask a lead-in question that gets them to ramble along very nicely and open up. Some just "Yes" & "No" and it gets boring as hell!
    Yes, it is a delicate balance, especially if you want to remain on good terms with the interviewee / have future follow-up (not burn any bridges, etc.).

Patti, while a very friendly person, was not the easiest to interview - and they so often have been asked these questions so many times before - at conferences etc- that they just come out with the short stock reply.
    Patti has added her word (on a number of levels) to some Elvis-Owned items. Suffice to say, .... she is not always correct in this department. (Believe it or not, fwiw. I will leave it at that.)

I really enjoyed Larry Geller who, while perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, is honest & forthright and will talk forever and let you ask almost any question.

I loved his comments like "Oh my god, that shallow Motherf****r."and he was very passionate.

I did ask Larry the tricky questions about other members of the M.M but he would not let me print the answers - and for the "nasty" questions unfortunately that has sometimes been the case with other interviewees.
    You are correct in that Geller is very articulate & forthcoming with info.. However, ....... in a nutshell ------> his tendency to speak so much & so freely also exponentially increases the hyperbole that often accompanies his "stories." That said, I can also tell you for a FACT, .... he is sometimes mistaken ....... and a huge self-promoter (which, ironically, goes very well with his bamboozling charlatan skills).

Funnily enough one interview I did (Sid Shaw actually) was full of hard-hitting questions & answers (EPE etc) and in the end I had to run it through a defamation lawyer before putting it on EIN !
    Interesting. I definitely give Sid a tip of my hat for taking on EPE (regardless of what other opinions I may have of the man).

... AND after that I got stuck with more than a month of 2&fro e-mails from various people (not EPE) suggesting libel actions against EIN or us publishing official apologies etc. etc

And I had to go back to the defamation lawyer again!
    Understood.

Speaking the truth (on & off of various MB's), often has ramifications on a number of levels. I'm very aware of this.

I do try my best! - and will try harder questions in the future just for you!
    Thanks, I do appreciate it.

I have complimented some of your interviews & website a number of times in the past.

Throw in some hard hitting queries when called for, & I'd say it would be PERFECT!

All my best. I'll keep checking-in on your site.

- Capt. "EL."