Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1417181920212223242526272829303134 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Pictures Of Your Pets

Finally...here is Rachel(age 4) and a sister to Rufus.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscn0049.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	28606

Is Rachel a bob-tail too Rosanne? We have one like her...Phoebe has about four vertebrae in her tail and is a short-hair also, her sister Susie (long-haired) has only two and brother Sherman has a half-tail like his dad Winston had. Brother Simon (short-haired) and other sister Hannah (long-haired) have normal tails. Ours have Russian Blue/Manx/Angora and possibly some Siamese.

According to a genetics professor I met in Oregon, cat genetics are the most complicated there is.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Is Rachel a bob-tail too Rosanne? We have one like her...Phoebe has about four vertebrae in her tail and is a short-hair also, her sister Susie (long-haired) has only two and brother Sherman has a half-tail like his dad Winston had. Brother Simon (short-haired) and other sister Hannah (long-haired) have normal tails. Ours have Russian Blue/Manx/Angora and possibly some Siamese.

According to a genetics professor I met in Oregon, cat genetics are the most complicated there is.

Diane
    Rachel has her tail, but their Mom was a bob-tail. The Mom showed up one afternoon in our yard and I went out to pet her...I told Jim that she had kittens somewhere that were still nursing. I never saw her again, but 2 days later I found these 2 tiny tiny babies in the flowerbed. The Mom was an interesting Calico...she was white, silver blue and a light peach tabby. Each one of the kittens got one solid color. My vet said that Rufus was what they call a "barnyard Manx", meaning he had some Manx background somewhere along the way. He even has the more square shaped face like a true Manx does. Rachel's coloring is beautiful...lots of times people ask me if she is a Russian Blue. My vet also said that there was every likelihood that the mom checked me out, liked what she saw, and left her 2 babies with me. He said that cats will do that...like women that abandon their babies at a hospital door, knowing they will be found and be safe.

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    This is my cat Butterball. He is 6 months old. My boys just love him. He is very gentle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Butterball 001.JPG   Butterball 002.JPG  

My cousin has two Manxs Rosanne, the male is that silver tipped grey with white on his nose and paws and the female is black with white on nose and paws also.

The mommy calico sounds beautiful. Too bad she didn't stick around. I have a thing for calicoes...they always seem to have special personalities.

Your Butterball looks like a real sweetheart Kim, no wonder your boys love him!

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    This is my cat Butterball. He is 6 months old. My boys just love him. He is very gentle.
    Awwwww....Butterball is a cutie! Has he had his vasectomy yet?
    You were right....we do have matching bedspreads AND matching kittens!

The mommy calico sounds beautiful. Too bad she didn't stick around. I have a thing for calicoes...they always seem to have special personalities.
    Diane
    I agree with you...every Calico we have ever had has had a very distinct opinionated personality. They tend to be big talkers as well. I have a very pretty Calico that stays outside..I need to get her pic on here too. She has 2 little babies that are 3 weeks old...they are sooo sweet.

She has 2 little babies that are 3 weeks old...they are sooo sweet.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Thank god I don't live close around you! What do the babies look like? If they're not calico they are usually white with black like my MacDuff and your Simon or orange and white like your Barney.

By the way the myth that there are no male calicoes and are sterile if there are got shattered when I saw a pair, male and female with a batch of kittens at a pet store in Oregon. Such a beautiful family...light grey, orange, black and white...just gorgeous. I wanted all of them but they weren't for sale. The belonged to the owners. Males are really rare though.

Diane

Thank god I don't live close around you! What do the babies look like? If they're not calico they are usually white with black like my MacDuff and your Simon or orange and white like your Barney.
    Diane
    You and I could set up an animal farm together! My friends have always said that someday I will be the old woman that lives out in the country with animals everywhere....inside the house, outside the house.

The 2 babies are mainly orange tabby with white paws and a white chest. Their hair is sort of long and they still have that "kitten fur"....when they walk around they look like they are as wide as they are tall, and they look like they are waddling around. Their mom(Allie) is very smart...at night she takes them into the attic and makes them stay there til morning, then she brings them down. We always know when she has put them to bed..we hear them meowing and squeaking until she comes to bed with them.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I have to get a pic of Rufus' sister ~ Rachel~ she is overweight and like most women, doesn't want her picture made.
    I told you that Rachel was a little "plump" so to speak. Well...this is what happened when she decided to jump up on the back of the chair. She turned the chair over, it didn't even scare her, and she made herself a bed and decided to take a nap.

Name:	dscn0052.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	28618

Rosanne,now I know why you gave yourself the title:Cat Woman.They are a cute bunch.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

Quote Originally Posted by shelley.m. View Post
    Rosanne,now I know why you gave yourself the title:Cat Woman.They are a cute bunch.
    Thanks Shelley! I would bet that "Cat Woman" is what people call me when I'm not around.

Awwwww....Butterball is a cutie! Has he had his vasectomy yet?
    You were right....we do have matching bedspreads AND matching kittens!
    Butterball will be saying "good-bye" to his "buddies" within the next two weeks!

You and I could set up an animal farm together! My friends have always said that someday I will be the old woman that lives out in the country with animals everywhere....inside the house, outside the house.

The 2 babies are mainly orange tabby with white paws and a white chest. Their hair is sort of long and they still have that "kitten fur"....when they walk around they look like they are as wide as they are tall, and they look like they are waddling around. Their mom(Allie) is very smart...at night she takes them into the attic and makes them stay there til morning, then she brings them down. We always know when she has put them to bed..we hear them meowing and squeaking until she comes to bed with them.
    Do I see two more kitties in your future? Your cat stories are so cute. You are no doubt "Catwoman". How in the heck do you manage with all those kitty cats roaming around! My hat is off to you!

International Level
    Awww,it's sooo cute!!!

If we got together and started our own little animal farm Rosanne we'd need to buy up more land.

I have a couple who are a tad round like your Rachel. Munchie and Crunchie (I didn't name them lol) sister and brother. Munchie is a dark tortoiseshell and Crunchie is an orange tabby with white. Our ex daughter-in-law got conned by a man claiming they were a new breed called "mini cats" and would never grow beyond what they were when she got them. They both weigh around 14 lbs.

Diane

How in the heck do you manage with all those kitty cats roaming around! My hat is off to you!
    It's easy...I have the only 5 perfect kitties ever born. I am so used to them that I would feel lost without all of them to care for...even though my kids are grown and gone I am still a "stay at home" Mom.

Jim told me to post this picture. He said "let your friends see what I encounter every night when I try to get in bed on MY side of the bed."

Name:	DSCN0025.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	28624

Name:	DSCN0026.jpg 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	28625

I have to tell you guys about Wilbur. We tell him every day that he has "issues" and that he needs to work on them.He is 2 years old, but he still likes to pretend that he is nursing. He "kneads" his paws on Rufus' fat stomach and makes smacking noises. It is hysterical! And....Rufus purrs, he LOVES it because he gets his fat tummy massaged. Then...he will move on to Barney, who is actually still a kitten.

Name:	DSCN0019.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	28626

Name:	DSCN0033.jpg 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	28627

The one on the left can even sleep standing up, very talented Rosanne.

Our ex daughter-in-law got conned by a man claiming they were a new breed called "mini cats" and would never grow beyond what they were when she got them. They both weigh around 14 lbs.

Diane
    Now that is funny. I've got some swamp land that your EX daughter-n-law might be interested in.