Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Pictures Of Your Pets

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    No..."Born Free" came out in 1966. It's a true story about a couple named George and Joy Adamson. He was a game warden that brought home a tiny lion cib that they named Elsa. It's the story of turning Elsa back into the wild, after being raised as a pet. Any animal lover NEEDS to see it. I bet I have seen it 50 times and I still cry every time.
    I haven't seen it yet... Thanks for telling me Rosanne. Awww, I'm sure it is a beautiful movie. I thought about another movie then, with similar title (They Were Born Free), but I'm not sure it was the English title... And I don't remember the year when it came out. Brooke Shields was the female leading character in it. It was a story about two orphaned leopard babies, the male unfortunately died later, but they let the female go into the wild after being raised. It was a sweet and very touching movie as well. And it was a true story as well as I remember well.

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    OMG Diane...I am the same way. Just the music gets to me. I saw it in 1966 with my Mom, and I left the theater crying. I have the VHS..I have the DVD, and when I was 8 years old I saved my allowance so I could buy the hardback edition. How anyone can watch it and NOT be moved to tears I don't understand.
    I knew, I just knew that YOU would understand the music.
    Omg, I also own "Born Free" the movie! What are the changes of that! I just find it too sad to watch it. Another I own is "Where the Red Fern Grows". I buy them and cry my eyes out watching them. Animal movies really get to me! They do not make them movies like they use to.

It sounds like a lovely movie too Betty, but it's one I'd better stay away from.

Rosanne, I had a friend in Oregon who regularly took in skunks. I myself picked a baby one up at the barn (by the tail as I was told they couldn't spray that way then found out.....wrong!) and gave it to her. I found out later that they kept dying on her and asked my boss the vet why and he said that because he couldn't convince her not to feed it cat food and go with dog food instead as cat food is too rich for skunks, they get too fat and their metabolism is much slower...their little hearts give out. I tried convincing her too after that, no go, so I never brought her another one.

We had a friendly little raccoon here for a few years, a female, and I'm sure not quite right because of it but according to our vet, nothing seriously wrong for us to worry about our other animals and she got along fine with them. She let me pet her a few times. I have a pic of her too which I will post later. A trio of strange raccoons came in the barn and killed her...don't have to tell you how upset I was. She's buried with our other babies in the pet cemetery.

Diane

She is so pretty Rosanne. I've always liked the Schnauzer personality.

No, it's Babette in the box (still with us) and Jasmine is the white with black patches...she was so gorgeous. We lost her to cancer two years ago...boy that was hard! Our son called her George...don't ask why. I called her Jazz.

Diane

Rosanne, tahk you very much for this thread!!!!!!!!!
    I very well understand every people who hurt before his beloved FRIEND pass avay...
    I havent tree cats ! I los they !!!!
    Now in my house live with me ,my husband and son two cats - I'm happy every morning
    when they comeback to us !!!! I'll be pleased every moment when they are with us!!!!
    They are a member our family, we love each other!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll Remember You!!!

You put my kitty-kitty up there ,...aww how sweet that is Rosie

thank you for your sweet thought .. like i said before those pets DID leave their paws print in our heart ...

Diane... WOW... really wow...

How do you remember all their names ?

Btw... Look what i got...Yes...Sassy pictures

She is about 10 months now.. she was skinny ( 6 pounds )when we got her but i could see how she progress on THAT Enjoy.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sassy - 038.jpg   Sassy - 002.jpg   Sassy - 007.jpg  

Sassy - 010.jpg   Sassy - 060.jpg   Sassy - 073.jpg  

Sassy sure is a cutie with an adorable personality. Sure glad she found you to take her in Buttonhead. So nice to see her pictures.

I have no trouble remembering not just their names but exactly how they were and the things they did...we get really close to our animals...they aren't animals, they are "fur and feather people or purrsons".

What I have trouble with now is coming up with new names.

Diane

Rosanne, in answer to how to make non cat people understand that they are NOT cold and independent...physically maybe but sure not emotionally once they bond with us. We don't have enough laps around our house and they come when called just like any dog...one of our dogs didn't....anyway anyone who hasn't had a cat curled up to them in bed with a sweet little paw on your cheek purring you to sleep doesn't know what heaven is.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Rosanne, in answer to how to make non cat people understand that they are NOT cold and independent...physically maybe but sure not emotionally once they bond with us. We don't have enough laps around our house and they come when called just like any dog...one of our dogs didn't....anyway anyone who hasn't had a cat curled up to them in bed with a sweet little paw on your cheek purring you to sleep doesn't know what heaven is.
    Diane
    That's the truth! As I am typing this I have Wilbur sitting in my lap. We never need electric blankets in the winter time...our blankets have fur.

I have no trouble remembering not just their names but exactly how they were and the things they did...we get really close to our animals...they aren't animals, they are "fur and feather people or purrsons".
    Diane
    I will have to tell hubs about your statement! He gets a kick out of me because I am always calling them "little people with fur".

Wow diane you got some beautys there, yes she is a staffordshire bull she is a lovely girl. her pedigree name is " harliquin little gem".
    elvislady

Here are a few more of my dog.

elvislady
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 232323232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3256%3E534%3E554%3EWSNRCG%3D323348%3A%3B%3A3497nu0mrj-1.jpg   232323232%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3256%3E534%3E554%3EWSNRCG%3D3233565246898nu0mrj.jpg   232323232%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3256%3E534%3E554%3EWSNRCG%3D3233565255%3B%3B4nu0mrj.jpg  

Those are great pictures Nettie...thank you! What was she looking for up in the tree?

Diane

Those are great pictures Nettie...thank you! What was she looking for up in the tree?

Diane
    Thanks diane, she was looking at the sqirrels. lol
    jeanette

Sassy sure is a cutie with an adorable personality. Sure glad she found you to take her in Buttonhead. So nice to see her pictures.

Diane

I'm glad that you like it ..yep Sassy has alot of cattitude in her, when i woke up in the morning she would be in bath tub ..meeowwing... i guess that winter coat is too hot for them sometimes...

I knew this lady and she name her fur friend : fat-fat..

she sounds hungry , allright

Quote Originally Posted by elvislady View Post
    Here are a few more of my dog.

elvislady
    My Mom's Staffordshire was brown, but much like your pooch he always looked like he was smiling. Delivery people were always scared of him because they thought he was a Pit..he was the friendliest dog I have ever seen.

I'm saving your pics...I want to do another animal video soon, and your baby will be in that one!

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    I'm glad that you like it ..yep Sassy has alot of cattitude in her, when i woke up in the morning she would be in bath tub ..meeowwing... i guess that winter coat is too hot for them sometimes...

I knew this lady and she name her fur friend : fat-fat..

she sounds hungry , allright
    Any more pics you have of her please post them..I'm saving all of our animal pics to do another video.

...Kison was a rescue dog we adopted nearly 2 years ago he was found roaming the streets of Manchester and was put in the dogs home in a terrible state. They seem to think he was the dog of an homeless person who either moved on or lost him. We had just lost our dog Suki 6 weks earlier after 9 years so we decided to see if we could help give an homeless dog a new home and we found Kison. Here are a few pics to share with you guys hope you like them

Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

Quote Originally Posted by EP4MEUK View Post
    ...Kison was a rescue dog we adopted nearly 2 years ago he was found roaming the streets of Manchester and was put in the dogs home in a terrible state. They seem to think he was the dog of an homeless person who either moved on or lost him. We had just lost our dog Suki 6 weks earlier after 9 years so we decided to see if we could help give an homeless dog a new home and we found Kison. Here are a few pics to share with you guys hope you like them

What a great looking dog! How old is he, do you have an idea? He looks like he is a very smart dog. I saved his pics for you!