Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Pictures Of Your Pets

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I had one female, a little tortoiseshell that bled while on Purina Cat Chow. The only 3 brands I would recommend is Science Diet, Eukanuba and Iams...in that order. There are a few independent pet shops that handle other brands that are safe but you have to ask for their advice and check the contents on the package. If the percentage of ash and magnesium are not listed in the contents...don't buy it...it's high. The magnesium should not be higher than 0.08% and ash no higher than 6.5%.
    We lost Boo's brother Bert to F.U.S. (feline urinary syndrome) before I knew about this.
    Diane
    Diane....thank you soooo much for that piece of info. I wrote that down and put it in my wallet. I bet you picked up lots of useful info during the time you were working for the vet. 90% of the time I have mine on Iams...you think that one is OK? Our problem is where we live ~ Mayberry! I have to drive 20 miles to the next town to use a wonderful vet who only sees small animals. Our area is a big dairy area..so the cows get most of the time and attention.
    My mom's cat had FUS, but they caght it in time thank goodness. They had to "re-route his plumbing" as the vet said, and $1200.00 later he was good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    Rosie, I didnt check the whole posters until today,.. you are right on, girl..
    Here is a picture of Kitty-Kitty , ...in her better time..
    Awwwww...she was beautiful. Her "figure" reminds me of my "Rachel"....pleasingly plump!

Iams is a good food but don't forget to check the percentages of the contents in case the formula was changed which does happen from time to time.

Some things I learned from the vets, others the hard way...luckily not too many the hard way.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Great info Diane!! What about the regular brands, such as Purina, that have come out with the "pricier healthier" dry food? What do you think are the top 3 brands to feed to my 2 boys, 1 girl that are strictly indoor kitties? With these 3 the most exercise they get during the day is jumping from the floor to the bed at night to snuggle in and go to sleep with us!

I think they really should come out with Kitty- exercise......that would have been cute.... i saw on TV one time about dog and human exercise together... some sort of YOGA class... oh boy...thats californiayee things..

Diane...I agree with Rosie, GREAT info about our furry friends food

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Awwwww...she was beautiful. Her "figure" reminds me of my "Rachel"....pleasingly plump!

pleasingly plump

Thanks for correcting me, Diane . I always thought it was the salt in the cheaper brands of food. You could work as a cats' health adviser .

If the percentage of ash and magnesium are not listed in the contents...don't buy it...it's high. The magnesium should not be higher than 0.08% and ash no higher than 6.5%.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrote that down and will tell my mum . We mostly keep our cats on Hill's Science Diet Food (esp the dry food), but sometimes they get tired of it and we have to give them something 'new'. But never the cheap brands.

Our cats are crazy about 'Almo Nature' meat in cans. It's basically just cooked meat with no extra things added (..they come in variety of flavors [but mostly sea food mixtures >>>> Tuna with Shrimps, Tuna with this and that, etc.]). But you don't want to feed them with only 'Almo Nature' brand.... cos they will refuse to eat anything else BUT 'Almo Nature' in the future !

There's a pic of the brand of cat food I'm talking about >>>>>>>>>> (dunno if you have it on your market, cos it's an Italian brand originally..)

also the link to their website: http://www.almonature.co.uk/index.php?lng=3
    Last edited by Holly; 09-10-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: adding the link

You're very welcome Holly, I didn't know those things until I went to work for a vet either...most people don't.

No, I wouldn't set myself up as an animal advisor...I'm not a vet and what I know is limited but I'm very willing to share what I do know if it helps someone.

Now I think I'll go find some other pet photos to share with those who are interested.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Now I think I'll go find some other pet photos to share with those who are interested.
    Diane

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    pleasingly plump
    It's true! We are always telling Rachel that she needs to start doing crunches, she needs to get her tummy under control!

Pets

Here are a few more photos or our pets:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 08-28-2008 08;11;26PM.JPG   08-28-2008 08;13;29PM.JPG   08-28-2008 08;25;14PM.JPG  

09-10-2008 01;43;58PM.JPG   09-10-2008 01;59;32PM.JPG   09-10-2008 01;58;31PM.JPG  

Pets

More.............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 09-10-2008 02;02;45PM.JPG   09-10-2008 02;11;25PM.JPG   09-10-2008 02;13;31PM.JPG  

09-10-2008 02;26;48PM.JPG  

Diane....can I come and live with you?
    Is that Boo in one of the pics? I will get my "kids" pics up soon!

Buttonhead, I'm not at all familiar with that brand of canned food. If it's for people and doesn't have all extra ingredients then it's probably ok. I do know that when an older cat starts to go down (losing weight etc.) that canned tuna in water is good for them.

Rosanne, yes that's Boo with his buddy Kipper. Min our light tortoiseshell on the TV was the best cat to go for walks with...right by my side and never out on the road.

My niece at age 4 was riding my Silver, half Arab and half Quarter Pony. Only horse I ever owned and got him at age 52.....how crazy that that make me?

Diane

OH MY they are so adorable,... look at the cats ... the tuxedo one was that ..Boo ? yeah i wonder that too just like Rosie,.. The birdies, and the dogs ..WOW...are they triplets ? ha ha

Wow Diane, you have a heart of an angel to take care of these MANY animals,...really I mean that... I wish i could do that but... maybe when i retire...
    Pet is really is depend on human to survive especially nowadays,.. oh . cruel world out there

thank YOU for posting your awesome friends

Boo's hair looks like my Daisy's did. She was not a Persian, but she was not a shorthair either. My daughter Amy always said that Daisy was snootie...she would tell her...."you're pretty, AND you know it".

Aww, lovely photos Diane Thanks for sharing them with us.

Yes you can come live with me Rosanne but you have to do half the work.

Seriously, our zoo has been cut way down in the last 10 years...just so much energy left to go around anymore but if we should ever get to settle in one place, I would like to still have a few peacocks and some pheasants and fantail pigeons...oops forgot to post pics of the fantails and Diamond Doves...maybe next time.

Diane

You're very welcome Marija. I'm just glad you enjoyed them...I sure did!

Buttonhead, no the three dogs weren't triplets, one Yellow Lab/Golden Retriever and two Collies. We alternately called them the Three Musketeers or the Three Stooges...depending on how they behaved. The three were left to right: Honey, Tory and Ebony.

Diane

SleepyJack
    Gorgeous photos Diane....one thing I`ve always loved about animals in photographs is how little they change over the years, the people in the photos go from fashion to fashion,hairstyle to hairstyle but the animals look as natural now as the ones in photos from years back. Thanks for all the lovely photos.