Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Pictures Of Your Pets

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Buttonhead, a friend gave me the poem Rainbow Bridge several years ago and I framed it. It was a good idea to have your kitty cremated so she could go with you. I cry every time we move and I go for one last visit to our little pet cemetaries but I know their little souls follow us. I had a very special cat named Boo and I tell him to show the others the way to where we've gone because he was always the other cats adoptive parent and leader.....and he never let me down
    Diane

I lost my 14 year old "best friend" last week to cancer. We always referred to him as the "wise old owl", as he seemed to take the others under his "wing" and help them learn the rules. He has been cremated, put in a beautiful little box that sits next to his framed pic on my side of the bed. All of my animals are special, but this one was REALLY special. I also have the Rainbow Bridge framed.
    Diane...how long has Boo been gone?

Rosanne, I would have all my animals cremated but that would put us in the poor house. Boo died of renal failure (kidneys) about 15 years ago. He was a beautiful tuxedo cat and was only 11 yrs. old. I have a picture of me holding him in my profile album. He was my all time best buddy of all.

I'm so sorry you lost your little buddy too but he'll stay with you.

Diane

I always wonder,..why kidney failure is common disease for cats ?

I worked for veterinarians for several years buttonhead and they couldn't give me a clear answer on that. It just seems that that is the way cats are made. That's why I stick to the expensive Science Diet food ( I sound like a commercial ), but it's true, it does seem to help them stave that off for a longer time.

Diane

Rosanne, I would have all my animals cremated but that would put us in the poor house. Boo died of renal failure (kidneys) about 15 years ago. He was a beautiful tuxedo cat and was only 11 yrs. old. I have a picture of me holding him in my profile album. He was my all time best buddy of all.

I'm so sorry you lost your little buddy too but he'll stay with you.

Diane
    You added some wonderful new pics! I'm assuming that's you and your sister?
    I saw Boo...he was beautiful!! I had a tuxedo kitty awhile back, her name was Margaret. Isn't it funny how every now and again one comes along that absolutely steals your heart? And I LOVE them all, but now and again there is that special one. It's been a miserable 4 days..the tears keep coming, and I am NOT one to cry easily. I have had a million jillion animals my entire life(my mom is an animal lover), but this one was THE one.

Loving elvis
    I know how sad it is to lose pets that were so close to you..when l lost my dog tasha it really tore me up insde and still does till this day, but you can't save any pets from old age but maybe when god calls me home l will be joined again with my beloved tasha.( so sad but l got tears just for talking about her)

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    maybe when god calls me home l will be joined again with my beloved tasha.( so sad but l got tears just for talking about her)
    Just like the Rainbow Bridge tells us Jen, I believe my "fur babies" will be there waiting on me. After all...aren't they "God's creatures" as well? What king of dog was Tasha, and how long did you have her?

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Just like the Rainbow Bridge tells us Jen, I believe my "fur babies" will be there waiting on me. After all...aren't they "God's creatures" as well? What king of dog was Tasha, and how long did you have her?
    tasha was a Doberman Pinscher and we had her for 16 years, such a friendy dog and loved children. I remeber playing as a child and if l got out of control running wise tasha would grap me and hold me till l settled down. we used to call her my second mom

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    tasha was a Doberman Pinscher and we had her for 16 years, such a friendy dog and loved children. I remeber playing as a child and if l got out of control running wise tasha would grap me and hold me till l settled down. we used to call her my second mom
    You were very fortunate...16 years is a long time for a dog.

Loving elvis
    You were very fortunate...16 years is a long time for a dog.
    yep and l treaure every memory l ever had with her

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Oh Rosanne I am so sorry for the loss of your pet! I did not realize you were feeling so sad. Pets do become a part of the family! We have had our little kitten a couple of weeks now and we love him dearly! Try and cheer up Rosanne, just think of all the comfort and joy you had with your little friend! I am sure he is in a better place and not suffering!!

Jen, I always had such good luck with Dobies....I love them. I had to sit in a cage for 3 hours with only a couple of short breaks (was I stiff!) with a female who wouldn't let anyone else near her. She kept pulling out the needle for her fluids...she was in renal failure due to a bad tranquilizer and finally died...that hurt me. Sooo...everyone, don't ever let a vet give your dog or cat Rompum as a tranquilizer...insist on Valium or Ketamine...nothing else.

Yup Rosanne, your yellow kitty was your best friend and mine was Boo. I feel so bad that you have to go through this pain. I never told you but our MacDuff the white with black that you like has been going down for over a year now (he was 15 last April). Boo adopted him and used to take him out and teach him to hunt. He has a lot of Boo's traits as a result...he's my last link to Boo but I love him and it will be hard when it's his turn.

I believe in that Rainbow Bridge too and that animals and birds have souls as well as we do. If I'm right, that walk through the tunnel to the light might be scary with all those animals coming out at me from the other side but I'm willing to risk it.

That is my sister and I in the picture at Disneland....good guess! That was the year Steve and I took the kids and my sister there.

Diane

Diane,

The new cat 'Sassy' had that 'licking' problem,we call it Obsessive Licking Disorder (O-L-D)...She just not going to stop

It irritates the world of my bf ,so i told him .. licking for them is like taking a shower for human..

I was so upset one time when one of my co-worker told me that in her church they believe that pet spirit is like ashes,..once it died ...its gone...

I was SO mad

Just like human, pets spirit lives on..IMO

any way , here is that Rainbow Bridge poem we've been talking about,...some of you may be wonder ..( Google it sistah ...)
    here it is :

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

######

Thank you for posting the Rainbow Bridge buttonhead.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

######

, it's absolutely beautiful !

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    I always wonder,..why kidney failure is common disease for cats ?
    Well, I think it's because most of the "cheaper" cat food contains salt, which makes food tastier and more appealing to cats, but it's kinda bad for their health and some of the cats are more sensitive and can have kidney probs even at quite a young age.

As for Science Diet Food (I think you mean Hill's, Technical, etc.), it's carefully prepared and contains only ingredients that are good for cats [minimal level of or no salt] & yes those brands of cat food are quite expensive, but they are worth of every penny IMO! They are also more nutritious, so cats stay full longer and don't eat as much.

It doesn't matter how long you have them for....one week or twenty years...they WILL leave an impression on you.

Rosie, I didnt check the whole posters until today,.. you are right on, girl...

Here is a picture of Kitty-Kitty , ...in her better time..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 07-26-06.jpg  

It's not salt in the cheaper foods Holly, it's the high ash and magnesium contents that causes tiny crystals that look like salt in the bladder and urinary passage. Males will plug up and if not caught within a couple of days and taken to a vet for surgery will die. It backs up and destroys the kidneys. Females generally don't die but they can get bloody urine that irritates and cause infections. It really is that serious. Some males are prone to it, some are not but I won't take the chance that one of mine might be.

Diane

It's not salt in the cheaper foods Holly, it's the high ash and magnesium contents that causes tiny crystals that look like salt in the bladder and urinary passage. Males will plug up and if not caught within a couple of days and taken to a vet for surgery will die. It backs up and destroys the kidneys. Females generally don't die but they can get bloody urine that irritates and cause infections. It really is that serious. Some males are prone to it, some are not but I won't take the chance that one of mine might be
    Diane
    Great info Diane!! What about the regular brands, such as Purina, that have come out with the "pricier healthier" dry food? What do you think are the top 3 brands to feed to my 2 boys, 1 girl that are strictly indoor kitties? With these 3 the most exercise they get during the day is jumping from the floor to the bed at night to snuggle in and go to sleep with us!

I had one female, a little tortoiseshell that bled while on Purina Cat Chow. The only 3 brands I would recommend is Science Diet, Eukanuba and Iams...in that order. There are a few independent pet shops that handle other brands that are safe but you have to ask for their advice and check the contents on the package. If the percentage of ash and magnesium are not listed in the contents...don't buy it...it's high. The magnesium should not be higher than 0.08% and ash no higher than 6.5%.

We lost Boo's brother Bert to F.U.S. (feline urinary syndrome) before I knew about this. 2 weeks in the vet hospital and almost $1,000 later, we had to put him to sleep. That was just after the picture was taken with Boo and I. In later years I was getting Costco's Kirkman brand that was put out by Science Diet at a very low cost then they changed companies two years ago and I didn't pay attention as the bag was the same colour and almost identical to the former. Our Simon almost died....back to paying the high price for the original S.C. wherever I can find it the cheapest.

That's one of my personal beefs that some companies put out food that can actually kill your pet.

Diane