Thread: George Klein's "Elvis Memories"

George Klein's "Elvis Memories"

Hey Guys,

Whatever happened to the great documentary "Elvis Memories" by George Klein - I thought this was a neat little production with some great unseen on-stage footage of our man included.

I think this was made in the late 70's/early '80's - possibly 1981?...I remember it was screened on ITV in the UK in August 1986 - a late night viewing to commemorate the ninth anniversary of Elvis' death.

I also remember it was released on video in the UK possibly in the early '90's -it had a still of Elvis posing in his gospel production suit from the '68 Comeback on the front with a pink trim cover.

Will we ever see this released on DVD?....Any Fans know any information about this classic documentary?

Many Thanks.

Cool Elvis Memories

I HAVE THIS ON VIDEO ANBD I HOPE THAT THIS TITLE WILL SOON BE AVAILABLE ON DVD .
    THEY AHVE RELEASED - RETURN TO SPLENDOUR - ON DVD I CANNOT SEE WHY THEY CANNOT RELEASE - ELVIS MEMORIES -ON DVD
    I WILL CERTAINLY PURCHASE THIS . I WILL LET U KNOW IFI HEAR ANYTHING .

Hey Guys,

Whatever happened to the great documentary "Elvis Memories" by George Klein - I thought this was a neat little production with some great unseen on-stage footage of our man included.

I think this was made in the late 70's/early '80's - possibly 1981?...I remember it was screened on ITV in the UK in August 1986 - a late night viewing to commemorate the ninth anniversary of Elvis' death.

I also remember it was released on video in the UK possibly in the early '90's -it had a still of Elvis posing in his gospel production suit from the '68 Comeback on the front with a pink trim cover.

Will we ever see this released on DVD?....Any Fans know any information about this classic documentary?

Many Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Cheers

Cheers Karlos!

Quote Originally Posted by NEA
    Hey Guys,

This documentary does indeed have some great footage clips, and possibly to some degree still a few exclusive clips (or parts of) to this production officially.

That alone would make it a worthwhile DVD in my opinion.

As well as some nice 8mm clips of Elvis on stage in the 70's theres great footage like :

i) Wink Martindale Dance Party - Elvis discusses the door prize of a 14 crt diamond ring to be given at Ruswood Park July 4th - followed by some footage from the Ruswood Park show - and in colour !

ii)Karate Institute footage from 1974 - different to the film featured in This Is Elvis

iii) a pretty near (if not) complete JC Awards speech.

Add to that stories like the one where Elvis, upon requesting that he be backed by the Jordanaires on 'Wheels On My Heels' for the movie Roustabout is told something along the lines of, sorry you don't understand Elvis, you will be riding along the road on a motorbike for this number, where are the Jordanaires supposed to be, to which Elvis replies 'The same place as the band' and I'd say you've got enough ingredients to make it a worthwhile DVD for the Elvis collector.

(always loved that Roustabout story)

An underated production !

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinout-designs
    Add to that stories like the one where Elvis, upon requesting that he be backed by the Jordanaires on 'Wheels On My Heels' for the movie Roustabout is told something along the lines of, sorry you don't understand Elvis, you will be riding along the road on a motorbike for this number, where are the Jordanaires supposed to be, to which Elvis replies 'The same place as the band' (always loved that Roustabout story)
    Me too! I think it perfectly sums up the movie years and that Elvis was nobody's fool in that regard. He wasn't this dumb Southerner who thought he was making all these great movies, wondering why the hell he wasn't winning Oscars.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

its posted on youtube if u guyz wna see it its there