Thread: After the 18 No1s are re-released

Cadillac King

After the 18 No1s are re-released

Now that we know it is very possible for Elvis to get a number 1 in the UK - RCA /BMG why not plan out a select list of songs maybe 3 or 4 at most -that should have made No1 but never did in the UK - supported/ backed with some essentially unavailable tracks : like the recently FTD released " Young and beautiful" or alternate strong takes of some songs.That should get quite a few more people interested and make the UK record for most No1's almost unbreakable.(except for the actual discs ofcourse)
    This needs to be done before the rules change to include the downloads etc ....

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Abso-frickin-lutely.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Not immediately after. Wouldn't work. Joe public will be too burned out on Elvis songs dominating the charts to even care.

Did you know... SonyBMG originally planned to release 30 singles - all of Elvis' UK and US hits? Talk about overkill.

Cadillac King
    Well it had better be sooner as the download rules will come: but if it is a good track and also " backed up" with a bonus song like " Young & beautiful" would perhaps get casual fans who dont buy FTD also interested.

jb

30 CD singles. Really?
    That is very much.
    Have you sources for this Information?

Quote Originally Posted by jbgude
    Well it had better be sooner as the download rules will come: but if it is a good track and also " backed up" with a bonus song like " Young & beautiful" would perhaps get casual fans who dont buy FTD also interested.

jb

If thinking of the general public/casual fan for such a release, it needs to be top drawer material. Young and Beautiful 72 is great for us fans as something different, but it's not in the same class as the original and not a complete, error free performance. It shouldn't appear on a release designed to attract new fans. The same goes for any other performance that is anything less than Elvis at his best.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I think the current succes of the Elvis singles in the UK has nothing to do with the fact that they were former No.1's. They could have easily exchanged some old No.1's with songs that didn't make the topspot during Elvis' life.

People are buying it for the packing, and the fact that they're helping Elvis to the top again.

I think BMG will try this trick many times over in the future. And I think that it also will be done with other acts (Beatles, Michael Jackson, etc.).
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Smile after the 18 number 1 are released

you hit the nail on the head there jbjude

Backstage Pass
    A series of `gems' would make a good singles series.
    It Hurts Me, TROUBLE, I'm Leavin', Talk About the Good Times, Just Pretend, and others deserved to be hits in their time and could make it today.
    However, i agree it would be wise to let it rest for a while - if only so the fans can save!
    rick
    rick

Cadillac King
    Glad at least a few agree with me. I agree that releasing 30 singles at a stretch being a bit too much: I think there should be one or two around August or summer and maybe before christmas or certainly before the new rules come in to force.

There are an awful lot of very good tracks of exceptional performances - that have still not been put out by BMG/FTD: I used Young and Beautiful to make a point- there are many fans who still do not have all the BMG/RCA albums ( I know a few)and also many who just cannot afford or want a whole album of alternate takes.

So using a strong alternate cut to support say a single for eg of " Just Pretend" or whatever - I think will go over big. I also wish BMG could cut the price of their releases.That would help no end!

I thought there was talk of them doing a similar project with the American no1s