Thread: Here I Go Again

Backstage Pass

Here I Go Again

Hi folks,

here is my cover for the fabulous Here I Go Again release. The design is more conventional than those two I posted recently. Hope you like them anyway. I am still struggling to get the covers online in full resolution.

I will let you know as soon as they are, if you are interested.

Meanwhile let me know your honest opinion, please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HIGA_1.jpg   HIGA_4.jpg  

Backstage Pass
    And here are the inlays ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HIGA_2.jpg   HIGA_3.jpg  

Backstage Pass
    I'm not too fond of those colour effects on the front and back cover, but apart from that I really like it. Great work, as usual!

Haven't you designed the cover already some time ago? I know it.

Backstage Pass
    Yeah, I think I saw it before somewhere too.

I'm so glad to you make the new artwork of this title.
    Great las vegas design! I like it

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    Haven't you designed the cover already some time ago? I know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis1970nl
    Yeah, I think I saw it before somewhere too.
    Yes, both of you are right, I am not surprised that Gerrit knows it (because we know each other from the Berlin Board where I posted it about two years ago), but I thought only a few people outside the German fan community have seen it until now, that's why I put it on display here.

Anyway, thx for your comments.

Backstage Pass
    Okay, that's an interesting statement, Unchained.

But would you please specifiy what exactly you would never do?

Gerrit mentioned the color effects as a blemish, but I used them to bring along the Vegas showroom atmosphere.

What do you think? Please don't hesitate to become more detailed with your criticism. I am not made of sugar and can stand some rain.

TCB Mafia
    Have seen these before...and though i do prefer the other newer covers that you have posted....i think this is kinda cool also

Love the front...least likeable the clear tray insert.....but hey..JMO...still a very nice set my friend

I can't see the bigger versions mind you....as they don't appear to be working....so i might like it even more
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRider
    Love the front...least likeable the clear tray insert.....but hey..JMO...still a very nice set my friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained
    I have no criticism on this one, i like it. It?s like Night Rider already mentioned the tray inlay is just a little to much. Good change just one or a few good picture would have looked better for the overall layout.
    Well I agree with both of you. The clear tray insert is the weakest part of all. Actually, I put that cover in a non-transparent tray myself.

But I remember that my motivation was to use all this small and low resolution pix which were not usable for a front or back cover design.

But less would have been more.

Thanks to both of you.

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRider
    I can't see the bigger versions mind you....as they don't appear to be working....so i might like it even more
    As I mentioned above putting them online as I designed them here is not so easy, since I do not maintain a server on my own. Many of my designs were (and are) downloadable at the fabulous ep-tunes.de website, but accidently they have been resized (not by me) and some colors were converted (not by me either)

I am now going through all of them and they will be uploaded in the near future as I made them. That's why I don't offer a link here, since it would point to the resized versions.

Anyway, on that occasion I stumbled upon that old Here I Go Again design and thought it might be worth a thread.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattoe
    As I mentioned above putting them online as I designed them here is not so easy, since I do not maintain a server on my own. Many of my designs were (and are) downloadable at the fabulous ep-tunes.de website, but accidently they have been resized (not by me) and some colors were converted (not by me either)

I am now going through all of them and they will be uploaded in the near future as I made them. That's why I don't offer a link here, since it would point to the resized versions.

Anyway, on that occasion I stumbled upon that old Here I Go Again design and thought it might be worth a thread.

Thats cool...and it was worth a thread....wondered who designed it when i saw it the first time around....now we know
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------