Thread: Hows about having Dinner At Eight?

Hows about having Dinner At Eight?

Yes guys, I'm talking about the FTD CD release of Elvis' LV Dinner Show on December 13th, 1975.

This show appears to have a good few moments of rarity involved such as the 'Wooden Heart' and 'Blue Christmas' improv performances - very nice, plus young LMP gets a wee mention. You can't help but think that this show could have turned out somewhat mediocre as you take into consideration the sloppy start regarding the microphone scenario and Elvis' endless banter with everybody during the first couple of numbers.

But, the big man was to prove us wrong as he certainly picks up on his performance with his rendition of 'Help Me Make It Through The Night' onwards. What about his passionate renditions of 'How Great Thou Art' and 'America'? Wow - try these on for size. 'Softly As I Leave You' is beautiful. The intros are great - Ronnie beats the hell out of it, Jerry's blistering bluesy bass, Glenn's honky tonk ivories, James - what can we say?! plus a rarity - Elvis introduces a young man called Tony from Joe Guercio's orchestra who takes his guitar sound to new heights - EP is well-impressed!

So, is this a welcome addition to the FTD Collection?

What do you think guys?

Coming On Strong charlie rodgers's Avatar
    hi nea
    every ftd dream concert is welcome in my opinion no matter what the year
    like someone wrote cant remember who,"i see it as another ticket to a elvis show" i feel presicely the same way,and i look very much forward to the upcoming soundbords from ftd,"big boss man and rocking across texas".
    hope their soon have a follow up to spring tours,or most wanted a complete 77 show,(hopefully with the start of the show recorded if we can be so lucky)
    when elvis was in the mood in 77 ,he had a fantastick way of delivering the songs,ok i better stop before i begin to ramble to much about how great he could be in 77, thats not what your thread was about i now,so yeah dinner at eight is wery welcome indeed.

Backstage Pass
    one of my favorite ftds. wooden heart is the best we are ever going to get live, and i think that e.p is in good spirits throught the show. and i love the solo by tony. his style is very much along the lines of eric clapton. very good cd indeed . have a great weekend... simmerrocks

Thanks Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie rodgers
    hi nea
    every ftd dream concert is welcome in my opinion no matter what the year
    like someone wrote cant remember who,"i see it as another ticket to a elvis show" i feel presicely the same way,and i look very much forward to the upcoming soundbords from ftd,"big boss man and rocking across texas".
    hope their soon have a follow up to spring tours,or most wanted a complete 77 show,(hopefully with the start of the show recorded if we can be so lucky)
    when elvis was in the mood in 77 ,he had a fantastick way of delivering the songs,ok i better stop before i begin to ramble to much about how great he could be in 77, thats not what your thread was about i now,so yeah dinner at eight is wery welcome indeed.
    Thanks Guys for your support of kinds words for my thread....hey Charlie Rodgers - I just love that quote man...that's a new way of looking at it!