Thread: Ref Lisa Marie

Ref Lisa Marie

Ive got no interest in lisa marie,ive seen her on t.v. twice and she comes across as arrogant and very hard faced.This opinion has got nothing to do with her selling her stake of her fathers money,thats her busisness.Im an elvis fan,that doesnt mean i have to like or dislike his family
    long live the king
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

In my opinion, i believe that there are many EP fans who enjoy lisa marie , whether it is her looks, or singing career.
    to me personally she is not my preference for music especially singer, maybe i still enjoy her duet with her father on ' Dont Cry Daddy' but thats it.
    i havent seen any of her interview , so i cant tell if she is stuck up or maybe just like many other celebrities thats the way they/she dealt with media,...

TCB Mafia
    i don't have anything against her but i don't like her music

International Level ComeBackChick's Avatar

Thumbs up

I enjoy her as a person, I like her attitude and directness, she doesn't beat around the bush.. I enjoy her music, she is beginning to develop her own style.

Cadillac King
    I like/respect Lisa because she says what she thinks w/o a lot of B.S.
    A lot of people have a problem with candor/directness of this nature.
    Especially coming from a woman. (You know: It rhymes with witch).

Rock on, Lisa.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I'm quite happy for Lisa to live her life as she wan'ts, I can't stand hearing her hard luck stories and how bad it is being the daughter of Elvis Presley, yes the fans do have expectations etc. and I guess she wants to be her own person in her own right, but she has been born in to privilege, money and a lifestyle that many would kill for.

I think she should face facts, she would be nothing if it wasn't for her fathers legacy.

Matt

I loved her previous CD very much (thopugh it's kinda depressing) and I'm waiting for the new one...
    Thumbs up for ya, Lisa

Coming On Strong
    I like Lisa Marie and most of her music so far. She seems funny and intense and direct and cynical and loyal and probably a bit spoiled too.

I've only seen/read about 90% of her interviews. Maybe the ones with the hard luck stories and how bad it is to be Elvis' daughter are more rare or missed my attention as I've never heard anything like that from her.

Eileen

no i disagree.

i think Lisa comes across as being very down to earth and the complete opposite of her Mother (Priscilla has always been very 'girly' and tries to be 'perfect' - i am a Priscilla fan as well though)

also she was thrusted into the media limelight - she had all the media sharks to deal with. Don't forget she didn't have her Dad around to protect her.

I love her first album and i am looking to the second album

In a strange kindda way - i think that Lisa finds life a bit harder than most people.
    Before you all shout at me saying that she has all that money, etc, etc. I know that but i just mean i think that she finds life - how do i explain this?? - a bit harder to grasp. (Maybe only i know what i mean as i feel maybe how she feels).

A telling quote was in Vogue last year when Priscilla said that herself and Lisa's 15 year daughter were there to look out for lisa. (I don't know the exact quote).

I think that says a lot - excuse me for rambling.
    For Elvis: 'I hear your voice, simply divine. I have no choice, I'll tell you why. I love you without trying. It has always been this way. I love you without trying.And in my heart you'll stay.'

I Like Her And Her Music I Think She Can Sing And Her And Her Father Are My Heros I Like Her Music And Elvis.

I am an "older" LMP fan as I am an Elvis fan, but I honestly enjoy her music. In fact, depending upon the song, I get emotional when hearing some of her songs. I'm not sure if that is her music speaking to me or if it has more to do with Elvis himself since she is his daughter, but on certain songs, that emotion is there. What I like about her as a person is that she's "what you see is what you get". How refreshing. No BS with her and I admire that. I wish her the best in whatever she does!

ROCK ON, LMFP!

Loving elvis
    Have nothing bad to say about lisa, l think she a great person and really puts up with alot from the press and media. l think she just wants to live a normal life but kinda hard since her father was a lengend to lots of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    I'm quite happy for Lisa to live her life as she wan'ts, I can't stand hearing her hard luck stories and how bad it is being the daughter of Elvis Presley, yes the fans do have expectations etc. and I guess she wants to be her own person in her own right, but she has been born in to privilege, money and a lifestyle that many would kill for.

I think she should face facts, she would be nothing if it wasn't for her fathers legacy.

Matt
    I have mixed feelings on this. She has to have some mental burdens we can never associate with. She is "ELVIS PRESLEYS" daughter and she still wants some identity of her own-once again its a fine line to walk without ticking off somebody. Hank Williams JR. has yelled about comparisons to his dad for years yet he recorded duets with Hank Sr, wrote songs about Hank Sr. and brings up his heritage once every interview-hard to understand. But he is HANK WILLIAMS son.
    I agree she has been born into privilege-but surely you have to see that money, privilege, and lifestyle do not always mean happiness, peace of mind, and contentment.