Thread: Elvis Has Left The Building

Elvis Has Left The Building

Variety reports that Oscar-winner Kim Basinger (8 Mile) will star in the forthcoming romantic comedy 'Elvis Has Left the Building'. The picture will be directed by Joel Zwick (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) from a screenplay by Adam Michael Garber and Mitchell Ganem.

The trade paper describes Basinger's role as that of "a cosmetic saleswoman whose life is strangely entangled with Elvis Presley. ... Basinger will play the hapless Harmony, born during an Elvis concert and ever after linked in some way to the King. While on the road hawking lipstick, she accidentally kills a couple of Elvis impersonators and ends up on the run from the FBI. So, in an unlikely coincidence, does a depressed advertising executive whose path intersects romantically with hers as the pair head toward the pic's climax at an Elvis convention in Las Vegas."

Crazy, huh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails basinger.jpg  

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Not that I can't wait to see it, but what's going on with this movie? It seems like it was quite some time ago that I first heard about it.

Not too sure what to think about it...

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed Bubba Ho-Tep, so who knows? This sounds more comparable to 3000 Miles To Graceland though, which in my eyes had far less merit.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.