Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CBS "Elvis" mini series (cast & updates)

CBS "Elvis" mini series (cast & updates)

This is the current known cast for the CBS four-hour mini series "Elvis"...

Jonthan Rhys-Meyers ........... Elvis
    Randy Quaid ....................... Colonel Tom Parker
    Camryn Manheim ................. Gladys Presley
    Rose McGowan .................... Ann-Margret

In this upcoming film, Rhys-Meyers will lip-sync to the original Presley recordings licensed especially for the program.

The miniseries will air over two nights: May 8th and 11th, respectively. There will be another related special, "Elvis by the Presleys", airing May 13th. That latter program will feature new interviews with Priscilla and Lisa Marie.

Who would you have chose for the cast of "Elvis". Share who you think would make the best cast in the story of our heros life!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jrmeyers1_1103615431-000.jpg   elvis_presley10_1103615392-000.jpg   randy_quaid1_1102710482-000.jpg  

colonel_parker.jpg   McGowan_JS088673487.jpg  

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

IGN FilmForce exclusively reports that the following actors have been cast in the forthcoming CBS miniseries Elvis. Cast as Vernon Presley is X-Files vet Robert Patrick.

Ironically enough, Patrick is playing the dad of Elvis' pal and Sun Records contemporary Johnny Cash in the Fox biopic Walk the Line. Patrick's other credits include Cop Land and Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Twenty-three-year-old British actress Antonia Bernath will play Priscilla Beaulieu Presley. The miniseries recounts Elvis' relationship with teenage Priscilla even as he fell for Hollywood starlet Ann-Margret (Rose McGowan).

Bernath appeared in the Bollywood period drama Kisna and has been cast in Living Neon Dreams opposite Marilyn Manson. According to this report, Bernath studied at the Old Vic Theatre School in London but dropped out to star in Kisna.

Also joining the miniseries is Tim Guinee who portrays the late Sun Records producer Sam Phillips. Guinee's credits include Ladder 49 (opposite Robert Patrick), Blade and John Carpenter's Vampires. He also starred in the short-lived TV series Strange World, and guest-starred on The Practice opposite Elvis co-star Manheim.

In related news, The IMDB has revealed some of the actors cast in supporting roles in the miniseries.

Elvis airs in two parts on May 8th and 11th on CBS. James Sadwith directs from a screenplay by Patrick Sheane Duncan.
    Last edited by nabelt24; 01-26-2005 at 09:25 PM.

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Some more cast info on the mini series.

Mark Miller .................. Scotty Moore
    Bryan Lee McGlothin .... Judge Friedman
    Dane Rhodes ............... Edd Hopper
    Ryan Rilette ................. Charlie Hodges
    Stephen Rue ................ Southern Politician
    Joseph B. Smith ........... Lamar
    John Boyd West ........... Red West

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Here's some pics I found on Robert Patrick (L), Antonia Bernath (C) and Tim Guinee (R). In my opinion, Robert Patrick is almost identicle to Vernon Presley!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails robert_patrick3_1106777474-000.jpg   bernath3_1106777394-000.jpg   guinee2_1106777439-000.jpg  

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Wow, that is perfect casting for Vernon there. I wouldn't have thought of that guy for the role, but looking at him, there really is a strong resemblance there.

Red's son is playing him--that's pretty neat.

And, once again, say hello to my girlfriend Rose.

Thanks for the informative post, Nathan.
    Last edited by Lonniebealestreet; 01-27-2005 at 03:50 PM. Reason: typo
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Hey, you're welcome my friend!!!

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

It's a good sign that they've taken the casting this seriously.

I hope we're in for a rather epic treatment.

International Level
    The guy for Vernon is the best of the cast so far, I think.

This is the girl who is to play Priscilla Beaulieu in her gear for another part:

Antonia Bernath has spoken with Glamsham Entertainment Magazine about the project. They reveals that Bernath flew to New Orleans last weekend to begin work on Elvis.

"It is always difficult to portray a real person, particularly someone who is still alive," Bernath said of her role as the late rock star's ex-wife. "Priscilla first met Elvis when she was 14 and so it is very much about a young girl who is in love with a famous star."

Bernath added that "I have heard that Priscilla has seen the script and although she insisted a couple of scenes be removed she is happy with it."

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

According to Variety, actress Jennifer Rae Westley has joined the cast of the forthcoming CBS miniseries.

The trade says Westley will portray Elvis' (Jonathan Rhys-Meyers) first girlfriend and high school sweetheart Dixie Locke. This is the first biopic of The King that has depicted Locke; in other biopics her character is fictionalized.

Westley's credits include Traffic: The Miniseries, Levity and Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story. Her resume can be found here.

(Elvis Trivia Note: the Dixie-like character in the short-lived 1990s Elvis TV series was named Mattie Walker. She was played by Kelli Williams who later starred in The Practice opposite Camryn Manheim, who portrays Gladys Presley in this miniseries.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jennifer_rae_westley_1107405136-000.jpg  

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Here's the first official still photos from CBS' forthcoming miniseries. The two photos seen below show Jonathan Rhys-Meyers as young Elvis Presley during his early days at Sun Records in Memphis, Tennessee.

In related news, Entertainment Tonight paid a visit to Graceland this past weekend where they interviewed the stars of the miniseries. The production filmed for a day at the Memphis estate.

Rhys-Meyers stayed in character for most of his interview, ostensibly so the Irish thesp can prove to American audiences that he can drawl like a King.

"There is a challenge in playing one of America's biggest icons," Rhys-Meyers advised ET. "Where does an Irish person get the temerity to play Elvis Presley? When I told the people at home that I was going to play Elvis, first I got a giggle as if I was telling them a joke. Then when they found out I was serious, there was a look of horror."

Rhys-Meyers recalled then when the filmmakers "offered me the part and then they wanted to see if I could really look like Elvis Presley. ... So at 7 o'clock on a Monday morning, I found myself at Shepperton Studios outside of London. I had no script, so I had no lines. They blackened my hair a little bit and put on some sideburns."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jrm_93459_010_1107983924-002.jpg   jrm_93459_011_1107983957-002.jpg  

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Here are some recent screen captures of Jonathan Rhys-Meyers from 'Access Hollywood'. Looks like they're really trying for an honest, authentic approach to this film. What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ah001.jpg   ah026.jpg   ah024.jpg  

ah027.jpg   ah028.jpg  

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Here are some more pics of Jonathan Rhys-Meyers from the recent filming at Graceland.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elvis7.jpg   elvis8.jpg   elvis9.jpg  

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Great pictures and info, thanks! Before I pass judgement I first want to see it, the cast looks solid as well, so that's a good sign.

International Level
    He does resemble him, but I still think he's got too much of a forehead going on

I have to admit im not a big fan of these things i quite liked Elvis the
    Movie ... because Kurt Russell was pure genius in the role

Im sorry but this guy as El is a total loser ... u can even tell by the few screenshots we have ... he has none of Elvis's looks or screen presence.
    And looking at the girls pics ... who are they playing ? ... they dont resemble anyone !
    Good choice for Vernon + the Colonel .... but im glad we wont get it in the UK ... AS I THINK IT WILL BE A HUGE FLOP !

So please i hope they dont do anymore of these ... unless they can get
    someone who may pass for the King in the daylight ... and not a closet with the light off

I saw Bend It Like Beckham the other day and it has put me off watching the mini series abit.To me he looks nothing like Elvis,but who does ? It can't be any worse than the last mini series they done with Dale(forget his last name) can it ? I could not even watch all that mini series it was awful.I am not keen on anyone acting as Elvis.

Hey Pacer id forgotten that mini - disaster - series ....
    yeh Dale ...... Midkiff ...something or other .....

he looked nothing like El either

Lets not spend millions on a second rate docurama .... but instead put it into
    bringing us deluxe versions of On Tour & CBS Specials

I think we should at least give CBS and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers a chance. I've met the director of this film and he is an Elvis fan. He has longed for a respectful movie about Elvis that is based on facts and authenticity.
    I'm pretty hard-core when it comes to authenticity, probably more so than others, and from what I've seen and heard so far, we might be in for a treat. You have to realize that no matter who it is they use in a film about Elvis, it'll never compare to the real thing. So, try to have fun with it and hope for the best!

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    What I am ancious to see is how he will look when they begin depicting the 70's style, with the longer hair, sunglasses, and wearing the jumpsuits. I'm also interested to see how they depict Elvis performing styles in the 70's as well. Will be interesting to see.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast