Thread: The 1970 Nashville Anthology

A FECC board regular contacted me about possibly making a set of covers for a Nashville Anthology ( a compilation along the lines of the BMG Memphis Anthology)

This was a project I had been considering myself as I also like to compile session type CDs and so here are the finished covers (which still may need a few slight adjustments). I've used the tracklist running order he provided, though I may change this for when I make my own specific compilation.

Oh yeah, incidentally, the photos I've used were black and white originally but have been colourised.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Wow Spinout, this really is a fantastic cover. A great session deserves a great cover. And this one really does justice to the session.

‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Waow! Stunning one!
    It has a little bit the same feeling than RCA "1969 Anthology" but a hundred times better. Although it is a concert pic, the result is really great and fit well here. Outstanding!
    "Until we meet again, God bless you and Adios."

Y@NOTE RECORDS 2004

Quote Originally Posted by jeanno
    Waow! Stunning one!
    It has a little bit the same feeling than RCA "1969 Anthology" but a hundred times better. Although it is a concert pic, the result is really great and fit well here. Outstanding!
    Hi Jeanno, that's great because I was trying to give this cover a similar feel to the 1969 Memphis Anthology discs by BMG and its nice someone picked up on that.

This Nashville '70 set has been compiled in a similar fashion to the Memphis set, and with the recordings coming from the following year I wanted to make them almost like companion sets when displayed next to each other on a shelf.

Additionally, because the Memphis 69 set used 'in concert' photos to good effect, I figured it would work on this set too (the jumpsuits still appear somewhat contemporary from 1969 and even 1970)

Infact, on the back cover of the Memphis Anthology, I feel the photo could almost be mistaken for something that may have been taken in a recording studio.

I tried to choose photos from 1970 that although were taken on stage, are not stereotypical 'in concert' poses.

Sometimes a more traditional cover can be very effective, depending on the content - to me this was one of those occasions.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

You did it perfect! The concert shots fit perfectly though it is a studio album. Both shots are very impressive. I think that comparing 69 and 70 studio recordings is quite difficult as both are very intense. Well, 69 a little bit more but 70 have also a wonderful feeling with so much musical mixes (country rock, country gospel, r&b, folk, pop, soul, etc.)
    "Until we meet again, God bless you and Adios."

Y@NOTE RECORDS 2004

Hey Unchained! long time we seen a new design by you..how about that cd request i asked you? (the alt.cover for Anthology)