Thread: ebay vultures

ebay vultures

hello there friends,how many of you out there are in the same position as me,there doesnt seem to be much hope of getting this weeks single.I blame B.M.G. for not releasing enough copies,what are they gaining from this statergy.I you want to know were all the copies went to look no further than EBAY,i looked today and there must be hundreds of copies for sale,priced 20pound upwards.I am not prepared to pay this amount for a 3.99 single.how many other fans will do what im going to do ,stop buying the singles.Whats the use of having half a box set.Such a shame.WELL DONE B.M.G. i hope youre pleased with yourselves.
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

$G-R-E-ED$ - for good & bad - is something that is destined to forever haunt the legacy & any and everything related to EP.

----------------------------

Generally speaking:

While I'm, of course, glad to see EP land yet another #1 reprise (not surprising, either) ...........

I find it hard to get too worked up about having / finding a "single" of a song that has been & is WIDELY available - for years - via countless other sources / releases. I have this song upteen times over, .........

That said, I do understand what truly "new" fans are saying, ............. afterall, that is what the single is all about anyway.

My advice, FWIW, ............ (to the "new" fans) -----> get used to it, ........ this is how it has been & always shall be .................. with anything as related to EP. In essence, ...... it is ultimately what makes The Elvis World go 'round-n'round.

- Capt. "EL."

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geordie
    hello there friends,how many of you out there are in the same position as me,there doesnt seem to be much hope of getting this weeks single.I blame B.M.G. for not releasing enough copies,what are they gaining from this statergy.I you want to know were all the copies went to look no further than EBAY,i looked today and there must be hundreds of copies for sale,priced 20pound upwards.I am not prepared to pay this amount for a 3.99 single.how many other fans will do what im going to do ,stop buying the singles.Whats the use of having half a box set.Such a shame.WELL DONE B.M.G. i hope youre pleased with yourselves.

I totally agree with you, I have found the same thing. What BMG are doing is quite common in the record industry, to create a No 1 single you sell the first single as a limited edtion or as in this case part of a box set and you imediately create a demand that will outstrip the volume they are selling thus people will try to buy the single in the first week to ensure they get a copy and they get the number one they are after.

I am also appalled that our local supermarket haven't sold the single even though it is number one in the UK charts. apparemtly the charts are Tesco charts and based on their sales! How can they be based on sales if they are not even selling it?

ebay is a swear word to me I can't get the single of A Fool Such As I either. I don't think any of the fans should buy these singles on the ebay.If we don't buy them they might stop doing this every time BMG release a limited edition single in the charts.