14. Early morning rain
    15. What'd I say
    16. Johnny B. Goode
    17. Drum solo by Ronnie Tutt
    18. Fender bass solo by Jerry Scheff
    19. Piano solo by Tony Brown
    20. I really don't want to know
    21. Electric piano solo by Bobby Ogdin
    22. Joe Guercio Orchestra solo (Jazzin' In Vegas)
    23. Hurt
    24. Hound dog
    25. Can't Help Falling In Love
    26. Closing riff

Label: A.J. Records CD 92-2002
    Released: 1993
    Sound quality: very good (audience recording)

Date: June 26, 1977

Jumpsuit: Mexican Sundial Suit

Reviews: n/a
    Pictures: yes (from the collection of kennyelvis)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails indy_1.jpg   indy_2.jpg   indy_3.jpg  

indy_4.jpg  

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Audiosamples:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Coming On Strong
    I too really love this concert guys!! Albert, this version of Bridge Over Troubled Water is one I rank as one of the absolute best he ever did and I still get goosebumps allover when the crowd goes wild....you really can feel the love and appriciation from those 18.000 in attendance. Also I like to point out the ending of Hurt: unbelieveble strong.

@Mike: indeed the performance of I Can?t Stop Loving You is quite THE surprise of the evening. He hadn?t sung that song since June 1st 1975 and even though it was slowed down considerably he does remember it quite well and performs a great version

I think that best moment of this show was Bridge Over Troubled Water!!! He sung it best than I ever heard! His vocal shape was great but still he was far under his best form (Aloha).... But GREAT Adios for audience and fans!
    (Blackmore - Gillan - Glover - Lord - Paice)
    Sweet child in time
    you?ll see the line
    line that?s drawn between
    good and bad
    see the blind man
    shooting at the world
    bullets flying taking toll
    If you?ve been a bad
    oh Lord I bet you have
    and you?ve not been hit
    by flying led
    you?d better close your eyes
    you?d better bow your head and
    wait for the ricochet

- Lyrics of most beautiful song in rock music ever!!!

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Surprise, surprise: I love it too! I really don't think it's just about me being sentimental or anything like that. It is a great show, any way you slice it.

As far as sound quality goes, I think it is the best audience recording out there. Unchained Elvis is a little bit clearer, which is most likely due to its being recorded in a very small venue. This one has big arena sound, an awesome vibe from the audience, and it's in stereo! I don't have this on CD (mine's cassette), but I too was amazed by the sound on the VCD when I first played it.

Although I am a big fan of the EIC material, as has been said, this concert is much better than those shows. Stefan, good call on the ending of Hurt! It is truly my favorite version of the song. Fairytale--another winner, way, way better than the performance given 1 week prior. No comparison really. (What's my signature say?) Release Me also must be mentioned, being another rarity.

Well, I'm not offering much new here. :bash: I shoulda just said, Amen!
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    This is a FANTASTIC concert, in my opinion (and not just because I am a HUGE fan of Elvis in 1977)!!

Not only does Elvis look better than he did in the footage shot for ELVIS IN CONCERT, but his voice sounds stronger than ever! And, he even managed to dig into the archives and pull out songs like BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER and I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU, songs which were quite rare for a 1977 show!! Although this show is not a soundboard recording, it is one of the better audience recordings that I have heard!

Listening to this show, it is SO hard to believe that Elvis would pass away just weeks later!! :cry:

Definitely one of the imports that any Elvis fan, whether new to import collecting
    or a seasoned collector, should have in their collection!

TCB!
    Mikev

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I think that FTD should release it! It was historic moment in music history and Elvis played for around 75 mins and his show was really very good!
    (Blackmore - Gillan - Glover - Lord - Paice)
    Sweet child in time
    you?ll see the line
    line that?s drawn between
    good and bad
    see the blind man
    shooting at the world
    bullets flying taking toll
    If you?ve been a bad
    oh Lord I bet you have
    and you?ve not been hit
    by flying led
    you?d better close your eyes
    you?d better bow your head and
    wait for the ricochet

- Lyrics of most beautiful song in rock music ever!!!

It's a very good concert, much better than one should expect, considering other June shows like f.i. Omaha.

Not just the songs are so great, but Elvis also seemed in a very good mood that evening!

Could that perhaps be because he knew it was the last show of the Tour?

Albert, the jumpsuit of course was the Sundail Suit.

Bye,
    Sonny

TCB Mafia
    Great Show...as has already been said one of the better audience recordings.

I'm suprised no-one has mentioned the book too.....thats great also...even if the pictures are mostly black and white.

I'm not sure it actually came with the cd but i always assumed so as thats how i got mine
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Originally posted by peter@May 18 2004, 04:28 PM
    I think that FTD should release it! It was historic moment in music history and Elvis played for around 75 mins and his show was really very good!
    I would be REALLY surprised if FTD doesn't release this show at some point down the road Peter!

Just as you pointed out, not only is it a great show from '77, but it is an historic show as well!

Fans just need to be patient on this one....but I have a feeling that they will eventually get around to releasing this one on FTD!

TCB!
    Mike

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Hadn't seen those before, Peter. Very nice, especially that first one. You don't see too many pics with Larrie Londin in them either.

Mike, when you say you believe FTD will eventually release this show, is it that you have in mind that one of these years they will shell out the dough for the soundboard, or acquire the audience recording(s)?

Of course, The Last Show (isn't that the best-sounding recording of the show?) is fantastic as far as audience recordings go, superior, I believe, to the John Herman tape of the Pittsburgh show. But personally I'd be very surprised if they do another release like New Years Eve. JMHO.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

TCB Mafia
    Originally posted by lonniebealestreet@May 25 2004, 04:54 PM
    Of course, The Last Show (isn't that the best-sounding recording of the show?) is fantastic as far as audience recordings go, superior, I believe, to the John Herman tape of the Pittsburgh show. But personally I'd be very surprised if they do another release like New Years Eve. JMHO.
    :bash: Sadly...i'd have to agree Bobby,

I think its highly unlikely this will appear on the FTD label...though its a great idea...and would be welcomed by many, even if BMG wouldn't think so.
    TCB Chris.

Originally posted by NightRider@May 26 2004, 07:46 PM
    I think its highly unlikely this will appear on the FTD label...though its a great idea...and would be welcomed by many, even if BMG wouldn't think so.
    I don't think BMG / FTD would be against releasing this show, they've already released "Spring Tours", and of course the audience recording from Pittsburgh on "New Years Eve" but it just seems that EPE are dead against releasing anything from 1977, which is a real shame

Keith

TCB Mafia
    Originally posted by Keith F+May 26 2004, 11:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keith F @ May 26 2004, 11:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NightRider@May 26 2004, 07:46 PM
    I think its highly unlikely this will appear on the FTD label...though its a great idea...and would be welcomed by many, even if BMG wouldn&#39;t think so.
    it just seems that EPE are dead against releasing anything from 1977, which is a real shame

Keith [/b][/quote]
    Yes...that was my point Keith...77 is almost a swear word as far as they are concerned.

Yes, they did release Spring Tours...which was great...but maybe it was done as a &#39;right thats &#39;77 out of the way...that will keep the fans happy&#39; and i just can&#39;t see them releasing a full show from &#39;77. :bash:

I hope that i am wrong mind you
    TCB Chris.

Originally posted by lonniebealestreet@May 25 2004, 04:54 PM
    Mike, when you say you believe FTD will eventually release this show, is it that you have in mind that one of these years they will shell out the dough for the soundboard, or acquire the audience recording(s)?
    Well buddy, since the precedent has been set in terms of FTD releasing audience recordings for "historical value" as in the case of NEW YEAR&#39;S EVE, I would have to say that FTD would probably use the audience recording of the Indianapolis show, if/when they release it on the FTD label. I just can&#39;t see FTD shelling out that kind of money to buy a soundboard recording of the show...especially when I am sure that a copy of this show in soundboard quality would probably sell for mega &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;, given the historic nature of the show itself&#33;

And NightRider, you are RIGHT ON about "1977" being a forbidden topic in the eyes of EPE&#33;&#33;&#33; As I said in a previous post, the ONLY reason us fans were treated to the SPRING TOURS &#39;77 release is because RCA/FTD has the final say in terms of what they release as they own the rights to the music&#33; Obviously EPE has some say in what music is/isn&#39;t released, but I don&#39;t think they can stop RCA/FTD from releasing something just because they don&#39;t like it...and that is because RCA/FTD owns the rights to the music&#33; As we have discussed before....in EPE&#39;s eyes, Elvis&#39; career basically didn&#39;t exist after ALOHA FROM HAWAII...which is VERY frustrating, since Elvis recorded some FANTASTIC music post-Aloha&#33;&#33; :bash:

And I also have to agree with NightRider in that SPRING TOURS &#39;77 was probably a "stopgap" for the fans to keep everyone happy, so FTD wouldn&#39;t continue to be deluged with requests for 1977 material. Although I do have to say that I can see FTD releasing a complete show from 1977....it&#39;s probably not high up on their priority list, but I can see it happening....and I really wouldn&#39;t be shocked at all if that complete show from &#39;77 turns out to be the Indianpolis show&#33;

THANKS FOR THE GREAT PHOTOS PETER&#33;&#33;&#33;

TCB&#33;
    Mike

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I think that the soundquality of "Adios, The Final Performance" is much better than "The Impossible Dream". This audience recording is a much more pleasant hearing experience than that narrow-soundboard sound of "The Impossible Dream".

FTD only needs to borrow this CD, make nice artwork for it and release it. There are plenty of people that doesn&#39;t own this import CD. And although I already own this CD, I&#39;d buy it rightaway when it would be released (untouched) on the FTD label.

Bring it on
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

TCB Mafia
    Originally posted by Albert@May 27 2004, 11:09 AM
    I think that the soundquality of "Adios, The Final Performance" is much better than "The Impossible Dream". This audience recording is a much more pleasant hearing experience than that narrow-soundboard sound of "The Impossible Dream".

FTD only needs to borrow this CD, make nice artwork for it and release it. There are plenty of people that doesn&#39;t own this import CD. And although I already own this CD, I&#39;d buy it rightaway when it would be released (untouched) on the FTD label.

Bring it on
    You sure got that right Albert
    TCB Chris.

A great show from 1977 that should be in the hands of as many fans as possible - through FTD or otherwise - and I'm still praying for it in soundboard
    Take care,

Paul
    Paul's Elvis Page

Coming On Strong
    FTD will eventually release this show. I have an article (and if I can find it, I'll post it) where Ernst says that he has been in contact with the person who recorded the show and he is very interested in turning it into an FTD. It is the actual tape of the show which of course, is a first generation recording. This show being released on FTD is a very good possibility because discussions are going on as we speak. We may have it on FTD sooner than we think. Here is a review of this show from an Indianapolis newspaper from June 27, 1977.

This article originally appeared in The Indianapolis News on June 27, 1977.

Elvis Presley led another crowd of screamers into bananaland last night during his concert in Market Square Arena and the question is why?

Not necessarily why do fans still go bonkers over the 42-year-old legend, but why does Presley still continue to tour?

He obviously doesn't need the money. He apparently doesn't care about the way his concerts are packaged either.

Before the Elvis eccentrics start scrambling through cluttered desk drawers for stationery, it should be made clear here that Presley is not entirely at fault with his concert format.

Compared to today's increasingly competitive and sophisticated concert formats for the top-dollar performer, Presley's has become downtight tacky and outdated. Last night's lighting was only adequate and the sound was poor compared with some of today's top national tours.

The Presley concert is like a sideshow with its warmup group fluff. It's like waiting through the sword-swallower and the fire-eater before seeing the REAL attraction in the back room.

Prior to Presley's appearance shortly after 10 o'clock (to the oversused "Also Sprach Zarathrusa" theme) the audience had to sit through nearly an hour of warmup waste -- a brass group ("direct from Las Vegas," no less) called Joe Guercio and the Hot Hilton Horns; a gospel quartet, J.D. Sumners and the Stamps; a comedian, Jack Kahanne, and a soul trio, the Sweet Inspirations.

Not that the warmups lacked talent, but there was an overwhelming sigh of disappointment when it was announced there would be an intermission.

When you pay $15 to see Elvis, you should see Elvis for 3 hours instead of 1 hour, 20 minutes. If Elvis can't go the distance then his people shouldn't charge so much.

The souvenir hawking should embarrass Presley, too. A guy actually came on the P.A. three times and urged the crowd to visit the souvenir stands. He even listed the prices. The vendors in the crowd sounded as if they were hawking balloons at a circus.

With a waistline of 42 inches, Presley may not be able to move like he used to, but the man can sing when he tries. Twice last night he did it magnificently, especially on "Hurt," when he made a serious effort to reach some difficult notes. He sang his heart out again on Paul Simon's "Bridge Over Troubled Water," but for some reason had to read the lyrics from a sheet.

He did approximately 20 numbers if you want to count the quickies. Sure, he's done these songs thousands of times over his 24-year career, but some ticket buyers were seeing them done for the first time. Presley didn't take enough of the singing business seriously.

It's time ardent Presley fans quit protecting their idol and start demanding more. They know "the King" can do better.

It's rather ironic that Presley closed his tour in the arena last night, while Chicago will open its in the same hall tonight, beginning at 8.

The group's summer tour will debut here with a new stage and some never-heard-before numbers from the coming Chicago XI album, which should be released in August.

"Indianapolis is in effect our guinea pig," said James Pankilow, group singer and trombone player. "We'll be trying our new stage and new material all on the same night. We'll have to be on our toes. No more habits to lay back on.

"We're using very sophisticated lighting effects -- probably three times the lighting we had last summer (when the group played at the State Fair). You'll definitely notice a brilliance and luster in the lighting and in the special effects our fans haven't seen us use before."

Tickets at $6, $7 and $8 will be on sale at the arena box office up until showtime.
    Last edited by Mr. Songman; 11-22-2004 at 09:51 PM.
    Won't you sing me away to a summer night, let me hold her in my arms again.

Adios the Master Tape

I have been reading this posting with much interest. I know for a fact that if FTD are talking with the owner of the master tape they probably are talking to the wrong person. The concert was taped by Rex Martin (Elvis worldwide News service Weekly) He was using my fathers stereo tape machine. My father had the original cassette that was recorded on his machine by Rex.
    Unfortunely my father died 2 years ago this month and I now own the tape.
    I would say that FTD might be talking to someone with a good copy, but I have the master cassette and nobody's talking to me.
    Or maybe there was more than one person taping that night in which case there are two masters from different seats! Who knows for sure.
    (h)
    A Man Is Never Dead, Until He Is Forgotten.... (h)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast