Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adios, The Final Performances

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by AKing
    I have been reading this posting with much interest. I know for a fact that if FTD are talking with the owner of the master tape they probably are talking to the wrong person. The concert was taped by Rex Martin (Elvis worldwide News service Weekly) He was using my fathers stereo tape machine. My father has the original cassette that was recorded on his machine by Rex.
    Unfortunely my father died 2 years ago this month and I now own the tape.
    I would say that FTD might be talking to someone with a good copy, but I have the master cassette and nobody's talking to me.
    (h)
    With 18,000 people in attendance, I think it is safe to say that the show was recorded by more than one person. However, you do have a collectors item and you should cherish it.
    Won't you sing me away to a summer night, let me hold her in my arms again.

Cherish

I do cherish the memories of both my father and the many items I inherited from him. as for your point it is a good one. let's hope somewhere along the way a nice CD is officially relased no matter what the source!
    Adios!
    A King
    A Man Is Never Dead, Until He Is Forgotten.... (h)

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKing
    I do cherish the memories of both my father and the many items I inherited from him. as for your point it is a good one. let's hope somewhere along the way a nice CD is officially relased no matter what the source!
    Adios!
    A King
    Then you must be dutch . Because on the recordings of Indianapolis ?nd Cincinatti you can hear dutch people talking very clearly.

Let's hope FTD can get in touch with you so that we finally have this show released the proper way (and in the best possible soundquality).
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Not Dutch

Nope i'm Not Dutch.
    A King
    A Man Is Never Dead, Until He Is Forgotten.... (h)

It's great you own this particular piece of history!

Like Albert said: the RCA people somehow should get in touch with you.

How is the quality of your copy?
    Is it better than the already released audience recording?

Sonny

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Fantastic, AKing! Would I be correct in assuming you've had it transferred to a digital format? I'm not asking for a CD; I'm just thinking with preservation in mind.

Very cool to own such a thing, I would think.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Cool ....

AKing -

Interesting thread.

If your copy is of what you consider HIGH EXCELLENT quality & a "Master Copy" (so to speak), ............. don't wait for RCA / BMG (aka: Ernst & Co.) to contact you -----------> you should contact them pronto.

Much agreed, ....... cool item to have.

- Capt. "EL."

Backstage Pass
    I know I am goin off topic a little bit now, but I wanna share my view on this cd if you don't mind.

Adios, the final performance (Mystery train/AJ records)

On June the 26th 1977 Elvis planned to give his last performance of the Sundial tour in Indianapolis, but it turned out to be his final concert ever instead.

Compared to earlier concerts that month, as seen and heard on the NBC television special "Elvis in concert", this show can be considered as one of the better ones of 1977.

Elvis sounds inspired and he even has the strength to hit the higher notes well when he cries out "Hurt".

The program of this show looks familiar with "C.C. Rider", "I got a woman/Amen", Teddy bear/Don’t be cruel", the throw away done 50’s songs etcetera, but there are a few surprises as well. How often did Elvis please the audience with "Please release me", "I can’t stop loving you" and "Bridge over troubled water" in 1977? Indeed, rare treats and therefore I would say that the King said "Adios" to his followers in style that evening. The irony of it all is that Elvis sounds like if he knew that this was going to be his last performance. Just listen how extensive he talks to the crowd before he starts "Can’t help falling in love" and you know what I am trying to tell you.

The original cd comes with some nice artwork and the sound quality is pretty good for an audience recording. These days we are a little spoiled with all those great soundboard recordings, but when "Adios" was released in the early 90’s we were less familiar with great sounding live shows. Fans who know the cd "The last farewell" sure were happy when "Adios" saw the light.

Anyway, I can recommend this cd to all fans, even to the general public. Until RCA finally decides to release this show in a better quality I will treasure it!

Mad Tigers
    I think this without a doubt one of the best concerts from Elvis' final tour. The sound is alot better than what I was expecting since there was so many fans on-line saying that the sound was horrible, through out the years. But when I finally got a copy of this show I was surprised that it sounded so good. I to have this concert on vcd and I think it sounds just as great on the vcd as it does on the cd. Even though I do have my doubts about the footage on the vcd because I have heard from people that it's just bits and pieces of concerts from his final tour with only a few minutes of the actual one from Indy

Is there a site where i can this cd??
    I did it my way.

I must say in my opinion, the best show of 1977, the audience recording to me is fantastic sound quality.

You can really hear the atmosphere of the crowd and when 2001 bangs out, they all get very excited and I kinda wish I was sitting in that audience, it gives you goosebumps everytime.

A massive applause echoes around the stadium when Elvis walks out on stage and as soon as Elvis sings 'Oh See, See See Rider' the crowd goes even more wild and its like it all through the show, absolutley amazing.

I urge any fan who doesnt have this release to try and get hold of a copy ASAP.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    I just happened on this thread and it is so good to see so many people who agree that this is a fantastic show!

I have been telling people for a long time that his performance of " Bridge Over Troubled Water" is worth owning it for alone. Elvis really put his heart into alot of the performances this night. Rare songs, great dialogue and interaction and a good sounding audience recording of the last time Elvis was on stage. What is there not to like. Historic and entertaining.

I truly hope FTD puts this one out. If not, I am glad the cd and the vcd are available. THey are worth owning.

AKing - any news on RCA/BMG contacts? And, how is your recording compared to this one? Hope you are still on here....

side note - It does seem like he doesn't want to leave, sort of hang out for a while. Kind of sad. I think the reviewer that wrote that article might be eating his words now.....
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

adios cd

this cd is an old chestnut that i keep comming back to, especially to hear bridge...i think a much better version here than that from deluth[a show i attended], also when watching the film of this show [his last] he sure put on a great one , and left us one of his last great attempts at getting back in the groove,, this cd is a definite must for completists and fans alike, i'm sure you'll enjoy the show from begining to end- lets just hope tony gets it right-lol/

re

I don't have this CD as copy but i can get one...
    Is the Sound OK?
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

if i am right it was not Ronnie Tutt on drums on the 3 last shows, it was Larrie Londin ?, who was also drumming on Elvis`s 1 Tour i 1976....
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

A great show from 1977

The last farewell, the grand goodbye, this is Elvis Presley's last 71 minutes on a stage. One of the most influential and incredible performers of the 20th century sings his final nineteen songs for an adoring and supportive audience of 18,000 in Indianapolis, Indiana at the Market Square Arena, June 26, 1977. It's a sobering, melancholy experience.

while a great cdto have for historic reasons , the show was proof enough that E.P. was tired and was also happy that the tour came to an end, i'd have to disagree about bridge... being one of the best versions ever , and forget about release me[he just isn't with it] right from the start you sense that he is exaughsted, i attende and filmed 44 minutes of this show and i was really dissapointed with the whole show -it was a throw away, even hurt was lacklustre.

one minor note , tutt was not present at this show , it was larry london on drums.

I just got my copy from an Elvis insider today it is GREAT!
    I did it my way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast