Thread: Frank Sinatra - OMG!

Cadillac King

Frank Sinatra - OMG!

Just a little story I found while looking through archives:

>Now this reminds me of an incident involving Frank Sinatra and his lack of
    >finesse. Two friends of mine felt so lucky to accidently run into Frank in Las
    >Vegas and asked him for an autograph. He barked at his body guards to get
    >"these 2 old bags out of his face". I can only imagine how shocked and
    >humiliated they must have felt. Elvis always went above and beyond the needs of
    >his fans.
    >**Dawn**
    >

Re: Frank Sinatra - OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    Just a little story I found while looking through archives:

>Now this reminds me of an incident involving Frank Sinatra and his lack of
    >finesse. Two friends of mine felt so lucky to accidently run into Frank in Las
    >Vegas and asked him for an autograph. He barked at his body guards to get
    >"these 2 old bags out of his face". I can only imagine how shocked and
    >humiliated they must have felt. Elvis always went above and beyond the needs of
    >his fans.
    >**Dawn**
    >
    Good point.
    No this may seem a bit getting off-topic of a topic which is in itself off-topic.
    In the movie "The Running Man", a great action movie from the 80's, Schwarzenegger plays a role in a violent game show in the near future. People who are wrongfully convicted of a crime are hunted down by killers called stalkers.
    One of those stalkers hits a guy in the face, after which the guy is actually thankful for having received some attention from his hero..
    Yes, it's true, such fans exist!

Hope you don't mind me paraphrasing a Schwarzenegger movie..

Anyway, Elvis was a great celebrity, if I have to use that somewhat silly word. In some cases, his gentle character was exploited / taken advantage of. I recall some "fan" took the ring off his finger while Elvis was feeling hazy in 1976. Such a thing might also happen..
    Sorry if I can't prove that story. Prove me wrong in case it is bollocks (Brit., slang).
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Cadillac King

To be sure, to be sure! (Best Irish accent).

Off topic, in the off topic, being off topic YEAH!

No, you aren't off topic; besides, in this off topic, nothing is off topic as we like off topic

I agree with you, I don't like the word "Celebrity" nor so I like the terminology, "A Listers" etc., cringe worthy, like fingernails across a chalk board, scrrrrrrraaaatttttttttchhhh.

Is "Hunger Games" (which I haven't watched) a similar story to "Running Man"?

There is another story I read on Frank Sinatra, which I can't find again, I do wonder if the stories are true (it is that bad that I won't repeat it). I also read that Frank had someone with a stool, ready for him to rest his foot on if needed, lol. Or, (off topic) the royal, Ann-Margaret, had to have someone ready to take her ash when her cigarette's ash was ready to drop, lol.

It is sad when people's personalities are damaged to such an extent, whereas they'll take any type of attention; meaning, negative will do them. Imagine, their loneliness and lack of self worth, to arrive at that stage? How they must have been treated? Poor people.

I do recall reading the story of the ring being taken from Elvis' finger too, correct me if I am wrong, I do think he asked for it back. Remember he wore the bandaides on his fingers to slow that type of "disappearance"

People still do take advantage of the wonderful, more open and gentle personalities, as you know.

To be sure, to be sure! (Best Irish accent).

Off topic, in the off topic, being off topic YEAH!

No, you aren't off topic; besides, in this off topic, nothing is off topic as we like off topic
    It is off-topic! Nice accent, by the way! You must have an O' in your family name or heritage..
    The question is whether off-topic * off-topic would render on-topic (like - * - = +)

I agree with you, I don't like the word "Celebrity" nor so I like the terminology, "A Listers" etc., cringe worthy, like fingernails across a chalk board, scrrrrrrraaaatttttttttchhhh.
    Indeedy. And there you have all those hierarchies.. D, C, B and A celebrity..

Is "Hunger Games" (which I haven't watched) a similar story to "Running Man"?
    Yes, I haven't seen it, but reading the description on Wikipedia, it seemed rather similar. "The Running Man" as a film was based on a novel by none other than Stephen King. The idea is compelling enough to debate, even if you don't like Schwarzenegger or action movies.

Haven't seen "the Hunger Games", as I'm a traditionalist in everything, even in watching action movies. Yet it is not entirely impossible that a more recent production is a good one.

There is another story I read on Frank Sinatra, which I can't find again, I do wonder if the stories are true (it is that bad that I won't repeat it). I also read that Frank had someone with a stool, ready for him to rest his foot on if needed, lol. Or, (off topic) the royal, Ann-Margaret, had to have someone ready to take her ash when her cigarette's ash was ready to drop, lol.
    Sounds like luxury.

It is sad when people's personalities are damaged to such an extent, whereas they'll take any type of attention; meaning, negative will do them. Imagine, their loneliness and lack of self worth, to arrive at that stage? How they must have been treated? Poor people.
    The condition seems to thrive in a surrounding of mass hysteria.

I do recall reading the story of the ring being taken from Elvis' finger too, correct me if I am wrong, I do think he asked for it back. Remember he wore the bandaides on his fingers to slow that type of "disappearance"
    Sounds like a credible explanation.

People still do take advantage of the wonderful, more open and gentle personalities, as you know.
    As I've also found out, on a non-celebrity level, of course. As a result I've become more cocky, in a way.
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 08-18-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: alcuni errori
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..