Thread: Do you like my version of "He'll Have To Go"?

Do you like my version of "He'll Have To Go"?

Hey everybody!

Before moving to another home, I've taken some time to record another song. It's a way to be away from it all for a while.

It was originally performed by Jim Reeves. It's not so easy, as Jim was a very clean and precise singer.

The guitaristic part also features some elements from blues and Spanish music. There's some tension and release and there are some intervalls between solos and vocal parts ('specially after the second solo) that might remind the trained musical ear of such genres respectively.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Re: Do you like my version of "He'll Have To Go"?

That wasn't the cleanest recording I've heard. The background noise is very distracting.

I liked it, you sing quite low and the pronunciation of the word "another" makes me smile.

Would you ever consider a more uptempo song in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    That wasn't the cleanest recording I've heard. The background noise is very distracting.
    It's okay if the way I sing and play it is clean.
    What I like in the summer is not having to warm up my hands in warm water every 10 minutes.
    Another side effect are birds, for example, and you have to close the windows, which might also lead to suffocation.
    Don't really know what would cause background noise, but of course I'm not using professional equipment.

I liked it, you sing quite low and the pronunciation of the word "another" makes me smile.
    Yes, it's a tune that invites singing low. Especially turning the jukebox way down looooow...

Would prefer a banjo.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

Here I must agree with you Jen, noise bothered and do not allow to listen to the voice of Fabian, but I love this album Elvis!
    Almost all the songs I love "He'll Have To Go"! This, however, because of the poem, I feel especially close ..
    You sound very good ...This allows you to sing lento country sense to me here, and I really like to "road songs"

Thanks Fabian!!!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elvia7 View Post
    Here I must agree with you Jen, noise bothered and do not allow to listen to the voice of Fabian, but I love this album Elvis!
    If you'd add reverb(eration) it would sound smoother and fuller.
    The ffffffffff in the background I have heard in all my recordings and has always been somewhat problematic, so I'm still guessing why it shows up here.
    Regardless of that matter, I'd continue singing and playing even if I didn't get any views.

Almost all the songs I love "He'll Have To Go"! This, however, because of the poem, I feel especially close ..
    You sound very good ...This allows you to sing lento country sense to me here, and I really like to "road songs"

Thanks Fabian!!!
    Lento is Italian for slow..
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 07-14-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: szpelling 'n grammer

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun View Post
    so I'm still guessing why it shows up here.
    Regardless of that matter, I'd continue singing and playing even if I didn't get any views.

Lento is Italian for slow..
    No! You can not do, you know that many people listen to you with pleasure! Do not deny us the following songs!
    That would be a "no fair"

lento - so is the rhythm. I think that your version is very calm.
    I'll Remember You!!!

No! You can not do, you know that many people listen to you with pleasure! Do not deny us the following songs!
    That would be a "no fair"

lento - so is the rhythm. I think that your version is very calm.
    That's what I suggested, just keep playing. I don't worry about my financial or technical restrictions. I am convinced these things will become insignificant soon enough.

It takes about a week, spending about 4 hours a day, to get this result. The melodic and rhythmic structure is like a composition. I would like to have a less grueling work schedule at some point.

[QUOTE=EnigmaticSun;425009] I don't worry about my financial or technical restrictions.

It's good, that's you're not financially or technically limited.

It takes about a week, spending about four hours a day to get this effect.
    Melodic and rhythmic structure is like a warehouse.

Each art work of requires a lot of work and sacrifice.

I would like to have a less grueling work schedule at some point.
    The thought optimistically, I am with you!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Each art work of requires a lot of work and sacrifice.
    Exactly.
    Still I'm a bit worried though..

Here I must agree with you Jen, noise bothered and do not allow to listen to the voice of Fabian
    What worries me is that a product is criticized for its packaging or exterior.
    What remains a mystery is that the background noise has always been present until now. Why should it have become a problem all of a sudden?

Up-tempo songs: rock songs typically distort the audio signal. I would prefer a banjo because I feel uncomfortable pulling of spanning octaves or large intervalls in general.
    The slower songs are more likely to appeal to what is going on in me emotionally. Ever wondered why Elvis was reluctant to record more rock songs when he got older?

If the background noise is such an issue, it's like choosing cigarettes because they are neatly packaged while containing a mix of petroleum - pesticide - carpet cleaner - paint thinner - quicksilver (and 10% tobacco, of course).

Fabian, baby, I wrote that I agree with Jen about the influence of noise in your recording, it does not mean that I do not like!
    You know that it is not so!
    I'll Remember You!!!

If the background noise is such an issue, it's like choosing cigarettes because they are neatly packaged while containing a mix of petroleum - pesticide - carpet cleaner - paint thinner - quicksilver (and 10% tobacco, of course).

You misunderstand me. I prefer the later ballad Elvis, because your performance compared to the country. I just love it!
    Do not criticize yourself! I am the master of this!
    That's all I've written about the 'package' does not make sense! Your songs are not cigarettes! No one has criticized your voice or arrangement, you did not notice this? Again I tell you, I really like your version of the sad ballad
    VERY!!
    It is simply a reflection of how I feel! Do not leave us (TCB), because I'll have to go. My works are also not noticed, I'm here for Elvis and a few real friends. Head up!
    You have them too!
    I'll Remember You!!!

You misunderstand me. I prefer the later ballad Elvis, because your performance compared to the country. I just love it!
    Do not criticize yourself! I am the master of this!
    That's all I've written about the 'package' does not make sense! Your songs are not cigarettes! No one has criticized your voice or arrangement, you did not notice this? Again I tell you, I really like your version of the sad ballad
    VERY!!
    It is simply a reflection of how I feel! Do not leave us (TCB), because I'll have to go. My works are also not noticed, I'm here for Elvis and a few real friends. Head up!
    You have them too!
    Alright. As I had said "for the time being", this means not leaving permanently. It's because it will take a while to get used to a new environment and there is always some doubt whether or not it is possible to install and use the technical infrastructure for internet right away.

Is it true your works aren't being noticed? Strange.. one of them haunts me forever in dreams and the Elvis portraits are beautiful too. Perhaps EPE should contract you as an official Elvis paintress..

Fabian, baby, I wrote that I agree with Jen about the influence of noise in your recording, it does not mean that I do not like!
    You know that it is not so!
    It should be about as bad in each recording, but perhaps it is true it becomes worse the more ballady songs become (difficult to record the soft dynamics). As long as I can't afford better equipment - and this was an improvement after using mp3 player microphones - it might happen more frequently.

It is true it's somewhat hard to understand the words of the second couplet ("Whisper to me.."), but it's something I don't mind. A good idea would be to record a song by the Carter family at some point, because it's the kind of English no one understands anyway.

Still wondering why and how the highest average viewing time comes from Saudi Arabia, whereas the United States rank first in the amount of views.

What remains a mystery is that the background noise has always been present until now. Why should it have become a problem all of a sudden?

Up-tempo songs: rock songs typically distort the audio signal. I would prefer a banjo because I feel uncomfortable pulling of spanning octaves or large intervalls in general.
    The slower songs are more likely to appeal to what is going on in me emotionally. Ever wondered why Elvis was reluctant to record more rock songs when he got older?

Calm down dear!

No one is criticizing the product. If I had heard the background noise before, I would have mentioned it. A thousand apologies for noticing anything other than your vocal and playing.

I have said several times that I enjoy your voice and playing, but what would I know? I lost points for describing a song as soppy.

Calm down dear!

No one is criticizing the product. If I had heard the background noise before, I would have mentioned it. A thousand apologies for noticing anything other than your vocal and playing.

I have said several times that I enjoy your voice and playing, but what would I know? I lost points for describing a song as soppy.
    It's alright. The only thing I don't understand is why the noise was more problematic than otherwise, having heard it each and every other single time. For instance I got silly remarks on a prelude by Bach which was also to be explained by recording deficiencies. The particular prelude had been study material for three years.
    Then I noticed Evi liked the harpsichord version the most, which was being criticized by the other person for "not having fire". That proves how arbitrary some opinions may be.

Well, about the soppy song.. it's no problem if you prefer upbeat material. What I'd like to achieve by being an artist is to improve the general listening ear. For instance I get angry at professional reviews or even books on material Elvis has made, because they are trying to put him down for the most silly reasons. The general public should be trained to see through such commentary.
    Like I had said, I could have been more tactful in trying to prove my point and apologized for not having done so. The gist of the criticism was my desire for anyone to be more specific and precise in describing certain preferences, even if this is just a forum and not a school or an editorial department.

I still like you and hope you feel the same.
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 07-19-2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: struttura del periodo

I really like your guitar playing and your voice. Gotta say though, the song itself is not a favourite of mine.

I look forward to your next video.
    The Acoustic Rockabilly Channel ♫ for exclusive acoustic rockabilly videos

Elvis holidays & tours to Memphis & Graceland with Arena Travel

Quote Originally Posted by Trelane P View Post
    I really like your guitar playing and your voice. Gotta say though, the song itself is not a favourite of mine.

I look forward to your next video.
    Thank you! For all I know the UK seems to be a rather responsive country!
    If the song is not among your favourites, are you perhaps more of a rock fan?
    I'll check out some of your work.