Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collection of poems "Lost in Time" for Evi

Cadillac King

Re: Collection of poems "Lost in Time" for Evi

Quote Originally Posted by elvia7 View Post
    Chill out girls! In Poland there is a proverb "not on bread alone, man alive"
    That is to say, money is not everything! We need art to be HUMAN BEINGS![/B]

No, that is not our conversation at all, not at all. We are talking about the opposite.

The poor are becoming poorer, the animals are being killed, the oceans are being invaded and will be more, for energy, with the animals there, killed - all for profit.

"Art" is pleasant to look at, and beautiful. I'm glad you have your art in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post

The poor are becoming poorer, the animals are being killed, the oceans are being invaded and will be more, for energy, with the animals there, killed - all for profit.

I agree!
    But do not forget how many artists begin to fight for the planet.
    About our EARTH.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun View Post
    Thank you, Evi. You probably don't know how this is helping me. It is even hard to find words to describe it at the moment.
    This video I haven't been able to look at for years. To explain why is hard.
    Billy was like a little angel to me when I was young myself. If you add that to the content of the song "Ben", it is about finally having a friend and no longer being lonely. And the wish to be lonely no more.. was unfulfilled as I grew up. That's what hurts the most.
    So when I first saw your post with the clip, it brought a bittersweet smile to my face. After that initial reaction, it still took me a few days to look and actually listen to the clip.

It's strange realizing that Billy has not been able to achieve much ever since then. Not everybody can say he performed for Michael Jackson as part of a very special show featuring a lot of well-known artists. Whether you like Michael Jackson or not, he was surely impressed by Billy's performance.

A good question, perhaps, does anyone feel or think anything while looking at the portrait Evi has made or the video clip she has shared? Or is it just.. me?
    Put simply, no. I knew nothing of this kid until this thread. However, Evi is fully aware of how talented I think she is and her talent obviously extends further than Elvis.

Changing the subject ever so slightly, I'm very fond of abstract art and Picasso's Guernica is one of my favourites. I'm not interested in breaking down opinions on art, I just like what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Put simply, no.
    How come you women are always so insensitive?

Do agree that Evi would be able to draw more than "just" Elvis. She is just drawn to Elvis, if one were to draw a conclusion by looking at her work.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Do agree that Evi would be able to draw more than "just" Elvis. She is just drawn to Elvis, if one were to draw a conclusion by looking at her work.
    Was that a trick question?

Of course I agree, Evi is a very talented girl and I'm sure there are other aspects to her work than "just" Elvis.

I'm not a huge fan of the song Ben either, it's far too soppy for my taste.

Put simply, no. I knew nothing of this kid until this thread. However, Evi is fully aware of how talented I think she is and her talent obviously extends further than Elvis.

I do not understand what you mean, Jen?
    I'll Remember You!!!

Changing the subject ever so slightly, I'm very fond of abstract art and Picasso's Guernica is one of my favourites. I'm not interested in breaking down opinions on art, I just like what I like.
    I also really like the powerful images of abstract art.
    My favorite, and on discussing this what you and Turbo is "Skrik" Edvard Munch paint shows the modern man filled with existential pain.
    You know Jen? I wanted to show here has just Picasso's Guernica.This is a powerful work.
    I'll Remember You!!!

I just like what I like.
    Me too! I love Vincent van Gogh

'Starry Night' by Vincent van Gogh has risen to the peak of artistic achievements. Although Van Gogh sold only one painting in his life, the aftermath of his work is enormous. Starry Night is one of the most well known images in modern culture as well as being one of the most replicated and sought after prints. From Don McLean's song 'Vincent' (Starry, Starry Night) (Based on the Painting), to the endless number of merchandise products sporting this image, it is nearly impossible to shy away from this amazing painting.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Of course I agree, Evi is a very talented girl and I'm sure there are other aspects to her work than "just" Elvis.
    Thank you Jen , thank you very much. Yes, the painting is not 'just' ELVIS.
    I paint everything that I notice a beautiful (for me) - EVERYTHING!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Fabian, men and women are different, however, and they both can be very sensitive and the cruel and heartless.
    This character trait, do not worry. Jen is a great girl! Believe me!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Thanks Fabian, you do not need me to defend. I'm not a great artist.
    Paraphrase what she said Jen - I do what I like
    I'll Remember You!!!

A few more Picasso's I like.

The Dance

Joy de Vivre

Weeping Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by elvia7
    I do not understand what you mean, Jen?
    Wrong end of the stick Evi. All of your sketches are amazing, I just didn't react to the sketch and clip of Billy in the same way sunshine did. Art is subjective and touches people in different ways. My thoughts on it do not imply that you aren't talented, because you are.

Wrong end of the stick Evi. All of your sketches are amazing, I just didn't react to the sketch and clip of Billy in the same way sunshine did. Art is subjective and touches people in different ways. My thoughts on it do not imply that you aren't talented, because you are.
    It's OK! Already I understood. Guess this noticed.
    I think you are a very honest person. You do not hide anything. Of course, when it comes to beliefs and preferences. I admire your honesty, courage and sense of humor. You're right, every person is different and has a different perception and thus sensitivity. Thank God that we have such a great range of artists and styles of art. Everyone can find something for themselves. Thanks for that I found that I had talent, thanks Jen!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Was that a trick question?
    Yes. The fun part is that you are supposed to ask me that question (men are the insensitive b@stards, women the victims). Because I'm gay, a poet, singer, composer.. I'm also entitled to ask such a thing.

I'm not a huge fan of the song Ben either, it's far too soppy for my taste.
    That is not an argument, even if you might dislike the song's tonality it would be hard to criticize it, as it is neither mindless nor meaningless.

I shall now withdraw from TCB-world for the time being, as I'm not working for nothing, don't like the way some discussions have been developing, don't have such a pronounced liking for modern art and will be busy anyway, having to deal with our relocation.

Here is a picture of Billy that led to the portrait made by Evi. Couldn't help sharing this little beauty with you.

Once again, thank you Evi. Your work has achieved more than you can think of.
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 07-15-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: cute little content
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

I shall now withdraw from TCB-world for the time being, as I'm not working for nothing, don't like the way some discussions have been developing,

I see the same thing! I agree with you.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Once again, thank you Evi. Your work has achieved more than you can think of.
    Thanks, Fabian. It's a great thing to give a friend a little joy.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Yes. The fun part is that you are supposed to ask me that question (men are the insensitive b@stards, women the victims). Because I'm gay, a poet, singer, composer.. I'm also entitled to ask such a thing.

That is not an argument, even if you might dislike the song's tonality it would be hard to criticize it, as it is neither mindless nor meaningless.

I shall now withdraw from TCB-world for the time being, as I'm not working for nothing, don't like the way some discussions have been developing, don't have such a pronounced liking for modern art and will be busy anyway, having to deal with our relocation.

Here is a picture of Billy that led to the portrait made by Evi. Couldn't help sharing this little beauty with you.
    It wasn't an argument, just an opinion on a song that I've never been able to listen to in it's entirety. I wish you a smooth relocation and hope you settle well in your new abode.

That image just shows how talented Evi really is, it's fantastic how her work inspires you. See you around sunshine.

That image just shows how talented Evi really is, it's fantastic how her work inspires you. See you around sunshine.

Jen, but your post shows how good and honest person you are.
    "See you around sunshine" - I know it is for Fabian. Very, very nice!
    I'll Remember You!!!

It wasn't an argument, just an opinion on a song that I've never been able to listen to in it's entirety. I wish you a smooth relocation and hope you settle well in your new abode.

Thank you.
    As an artist and possible teacher at some point, I have to oppose an opinion such as "too soppy". First of all you'd lose points for using common speech.
    Moreover, it would have to be a reason such as "the song is well-written, but I found the singer is not able to convey emotion" or "the song isn't bad, but I'm not drawn to sad songs".

On the other hand my reaction was somewhat impulsive. Working hard and having to move augments the grumpy old man in me. So I apologize not so much for having said what I said, rather for having put it the way I put it.

After working hard and being pushed to your extreme.. one would imagine starring in a movie, to get rid of frustrations.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast