Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What celebrities have you met?

What celebrities have you met?

I was just wondering what celebrities everyone has met and what was your thoughts on meeting them?

franny

Re: What celebrities have you met?

I met two celebrities. I'd rather not write here about crappy others.
    These are artificially created by the media not worth much person.
    I'll Remember You!!!

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I met James Brown about a year or two before he died. He came to the building where I worked to visit a office there. I was walking outside around the building and I see this black limousine parked out front with a few people surrounding it and the driver was holding the door open. As I got closer I was like dam* that's James Brown. He had on a purple suit with a black shirt and black boots with gold tips on them. James was dressed a little like Elvis in my opinion because he even had a good size necklace that was on the outside of the black shirt. He was a nice guy, he was signing autographs and taking pictures. I told him I was a huge Elvis fan and he said that is my soul brother, he said I loved that man. (which I have heard him say that before)

I have met professional golfers and a few other sports stars and some popular business people and some of the Memphis Mafia members.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

I have met a few sports stars, I met Roger Maris in 1968, I talked with Hall of Fame sports announcers Jack Buck and Harry Carey at a Cardinals game also in the late 60s.
    My brother has met and opened for Tanya Tucker, Ronnie Milsap, Ray Stevens, Jerry Reed, among others when he played Little Nashville in the mid 90s...my sisters first husband was the bus driver for Kenny Chesney and they actually went to the Bahamas on vacation with Chesney who treated his road crew to that vacation.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I met James Brown about a year or two before he died. He came to the building where I worked to visit a office there. I was walking outside around the building and I see this black limousine parked out front with a few people surrounding it and the driver was holding the door open. As I got closer I was like dam* that's James Brown. He had on a purple suit with a black shirt and black boots with gold tips on them. James was dressed a little like Elvis in my opinion because he even had a good size necklace that was on the outside of the black shirt. He was a nice guy, he was signing autographs and taking pictures. I told him I was a huge Elvis fan and he said that is my soul brother, he said I loved that man. (which I have heard him say that before)

I have met professional golfers and a few other sports stars and some popular business people and some of the Memphis Mafia members.

"James was dressed a little like Elvis in my opinion"

This dress also reminds me of something.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Please note that:
    "according to the definition formulated by Daniel Boorstin in 1961 celebrity is a person who is known to it is known.
    Word celebrity is no exact synonym of celebrities, celebrity idol authority"
    I'll Remember You!!!

Haven't met any and I don't mind to the slightest degree.
    There are people I'd like to meet, but they are either dead or grandpa/grandma (or about that age).
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun View Post
    Haven't met any and I don't mind to the slightest degree.
    There are people I'd like to meet, but they are either dead or grandpa/grandma (or about that age).
    You make my day, Fabian.
    Thanks! you have great sense of humor
    Last edited by elvia7; 06-19-2013 at 06:10 AM.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elvia7 View Post
    "James was dressed a little like Elvis in my opinion"

This dress also reminds me of something.
    Good picture of James.

RIP Tommy

Elvis was "The King of Rock and Roll", James Brown was "The Godfather of Soul" and both changed our musical world forever.

But while many Elvis fans know only a little about James Brown, in many ways Brown was a spiritual kin to Elvis and understanding their careers is essential to comprehending the era they lived in, the music that they made and the lives they changed.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Elvis was "The King of Rock and Roll", James Brown was "The Godfather of Soul" and both changed our musical world forever.

But while many Elvis fans know only a little about James Brown, in many ways Brown was a spiritual kin to Elvis and understanding their careers is essential to comprehending the era they lived in, the music that they made and the lives they changed.
    Very true.

RIP Tommy

A friend of mine was in the Navy in the 70s and he sent me a San Diego Free Press type newspaper that had an article about recent concerts by Elvis and James Brown, comparing the two.
    The author was not fans of either and he gave Elvis the edge because of more flashbulbs during the concert and because he said Elvis's "Caped Wingspan" was much more impressive than Browns.
    The height of flower power was in bloom and this gentleman obviously had little understanding of Elvis or James.
    Work in Progress!

Well in the Opera "world" I have met and had the chance to stand next to some of the finest and most popular singers nowdays. I'm a huge soap opera fan so I met also 2 famous soap opera stars. I also met some famous Croatian singers one of them Sinisa Vuco my favourite pop singer. I'm into all kinds of music so if you don't know the names of the next acts I can't be mad Met and took pics with Progressive Metal band Symphony x have stuff signed and pictures with all the members of Swedish most important progressive metal bands of all time Pain of Salvation and I also met Dream Theater twice, Zakiyah Hooker (John Lee Hooker's daughter) last year had the chance to meeet her backstage and take a picture and Dennis Quaid the actor. My wife and I met Quaid with another friend in London in a club and he was so drunk he started hitting on my wife. I was in the bathroom. My friend told him that she's married and her husband is just in the bathroom.When I came out I saw Dennis Quaid sitting at our table.My friend introduced me to him and he looked at me and he said: So you're the husband.I said yes he answered you're a lucky man. I said thanks and he paid a round for the whole table.
    Last edited by Kajo; 07-08-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks, for all the great replies. I hope to read more cool stories.

I have met some celebrities...and this is not in any particular order

Wayne Gretzky
    Priscilla Presley
    David Hasslehoff
    Melody Thomas Scott
    Gina Weaver
    Gordie Howe
    Laurie Boschman
    Rocky Saganiuk
    Lou Franceschetti
    Rick Vaive
    Nick Kypreos
    Wendel Clark

For the most part, most were nice and polite. Melody Thomas Scott was a little stuck up, but maybe just having an off day. David Hasslehoff was a little arrogant and conceited, he said he was Michael Jackson before surgery I didn't laugh lol, but he thought he was so funny. Some of those names' are hockey players, for those who don't watch or aren't into hockey. I met them at an autograph session, when they had a charity event.

OMG!!!!!How I can forgot !? In my home town living one of the most famous Polish singers Malgorzta Ostrowska.
    Although this is a singer.
    I see, however, that today all those who are more well known are the celebrities.
    It is a very open and smiling person. It was nice talking to her in grocery store. lol
    You ask Franny "what was your thoughts on meeting them?"
    Every time when I get to talk to her, I think Not all the stars are unpleasant.
    She is a very open and smiling person. It was nice talking to her in grocery store. lol
    Last edited by elvia7; 06-21-2013 at 01:10 AM.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    Thanks, for all the great replies. I hope to read more cool stories.

I have met some celebrities...and this is not in any particular order

Wayne Gretzky
    Priscilla Presley
    David Hasslehoff
    Melody Thomas Scott
    Gina Weaver
    Gordie Howe
    Laurie Boschman
    Rocky Saganiuk
    Lou Franceschetti
    Rick Vaive
    Nick Kypreos
    Wendel Clark

For the most part, most were nice and polite. Melody Thomas Scott was a little stuck up, but maybe just having an off day. David Hasslehoff was a little arrogant and conceited, he said he was Michael Jackson before surgery I didn't laugh lol, but he thought he was so funny. Some of those names' are hockey players, for those who don't watch or aren't into hockey. I met them at an autograph session, when they had a charity event.
    Franny, I thought you were from the UK.

I've met a few premiership footballers and UK actors, I wouldn't consider them celebrities though, they're just well known in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Franny, I thought you were from the UK.

I've met a few premiership footballers and UK actors, I wouldn't consider them celebrities though, they're just well known in the UK.
    Premiership footballers and actors. Unfortunately, they are not the stars:-D
    These are professional athletes and artists. Celebrities are people that are just ...KNOWN.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Premiership footballers and actors. Unfortunately, they are not the stars:-D
    These are professional athletes and artists. Celebrities are people that are just ...KNOWN.
    Well some football players (if soccer is meant, LOL) and actors are "known", of course..

And some celebrities you can only meet in dreams, I guess..
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun View Post
    And some celebrities you can only meet in dreams, I guess..
    It is also very rare. Lol
    I'll Remember You!!!

It is also very rare. Lol
    But it's forever.. haha..
    It's easier to get it done than to send such a celebrity a love letter.. hahaha! Straight from your heart..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast