Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

  1. #1
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    232

    It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    It get frightened what the impersonators do. Don't like most of them but take a look:



    Last edited by Winston; 05-28-2013 at 11:27 AM.

  2. #2
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    282

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    I see your point, Winston, just my opinion - no-one is Elvis, so simply, to me, they should have some dignity and be themselves, and if talented, persue their own career rather than jumping on Elvis' decades of hardwork, talent, and dedication, basically, they are jumping on his shirt tails.

    This man in the video overdoes the mannerisms.

    To see someone copying Elvis, it hurts.

  3. #3
    Cadillac King JRtherealJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    324

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    It get frightened what the impersonators do. Don't like most of them but take a look:






    Winston, what point are you trying to make?

  4. #4
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    232

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Well, I wish to know if some of the "Tribute Artists" built her lookout with operations. I wish to know what technical help was used when they performed. I wish to know if they losing there complete singularity as a human being in her life. And so on...

  5. #5
    Cadillac King JRtherealJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    324

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Well, I wish to know if some of the "Tribute Artists" built her lookout with operations. I wish to know what technical help was used when they performed. I wish to know if they losing there complete singularity as a human being in her life. And so on...
    You still haven't explained why Ben Portsmouth "frightens" you.

  6. #6
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    232

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    When I look at the two videos I found it frightened how perfect Ben Portsmouth imitating the look and the movements of Elvis. Now film him from a wide distance, get many filters and modern technics to make the film very old and let it look like a 8mm-Film. Or take a very good tribute artist and work technical on his voice. Then use technics to make it sound very old. Now let him sing a unknown song. How many eventualities can a very good engineer do with such sings. Only some thoughts...

  7. #7
    Cadillac King JRtherealJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    324

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    When I look at the two videos I found it frightened how perfect Ben Portsmouth imitating the look and the movements of Elvis.
    Why would this frighten you?


    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Now film him from a wide distance, get many filters and modern technics to make the film very old and let it look like a 8mm-Film. Or take a very good tribute artist and work technical on his voice. Then use technics to make it sound very old.
    Why on earth would anybody bother do all that to these videos?


    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Now let him sing a unknown song.
    Why would an Elvis Tribute Artist sing an unknown song?

  8. #8
    I'm only Your elvia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Poland - Europe
    Posts
    6,076

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRtherealJR View Post
    You still haven't explained why Ben Portsmouth "frightens" you.
    Be fair and look at your own photo ....


    Mr. "The real" - impressive?Cheers!
    Last edited by elvia7; 05-31-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    I'll Remember You!!!

  9. #9
    International Level RS277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    569

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    I think the guy does an incredible job studying his subject, and it shows. Theres other tribute artists Im not overly thrilled with performance wise. But it is what it is. Mr. Portsmouth seems to do a class act
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

  10. #10
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    232

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    OK! Why do the »Tribute Artists« this kind of thing? Because the fans want it or need it? Because they want do it for Elvis? They want help that people remember Elvis? How much substantiation did they find?

    First, they do it because they think with this they find acceptance. But it is so sad because this »Artists« are no Performers. They have not the thing that makes Elvis so great. They have no soul. They are an empty spout.

    OK some of them are great in there job but they are sadly in her one-sidedness.

    Why not singing songs, Elvis not sing in his concerts to show the audience how great the spectrum of Elvis was? Because the audience don’t want it? On the other hand, is it because then they lost her script and the way to do there role?

    Why do this people a »kissing tour« and why do they distribute scarfs? Because Elvis did it? Because they want to do a perfect show? Alternatively, the want to feel a little bit like Elvis?

    If this people where good or great they have an own career!

    They are nothing in the showbiz without their role they playing and this is sad. When Springsteen, Bono or another of the real great artist sings a song of Elvis then they remember him and do something for him. But »Tribute Artists«? No!

    So why am found them frightening? Because some of them are great in that what they doing. Some of them have a realistic look. Some of them have an astonishing voice. I am afraid that they do some things for the big money that is not good for Elvis and his real fans. Recording a song that was selling as a new find. Make an audience recording and let it sound like a tape of the 70s. Playing in a dirty Movie and so on.

    NO, I do not like them but some do a great job!

  11. #11
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    If you don't like tribute artists, don't watch them. There is no reason to be scared because one is portraying his subject well.

    I like Spiderman, every opportunity I've ever had to have my photo taken with him, I've done it. Do I believe I'm really with Spiderman? No! It's just some fella dressed up like a fictional cartoon character.

    As for a tribute artist appearing in a dirty movie and fooling Elvis fans, good one!

  12. #12
    I'm only Your elvia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Poland - Europe
    Posts
    6,076

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Quote Originally Posted by RS277 View Post
    Mr. Portsmouth seems to do a class act
    I agree with you. To be honest I do not like impersonatorow. But he makes a good impression.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post

    NO, I do not like them but some do a great job!
    I can understand you, agree!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    If you don't like tribute artists, don't watch them. There is no reason to be scared because one is portraying his subject well.

    I like Spiderman, every opportunity I've ever had to have my photo taken with him, I've done it. Do I believe I'm really with Spiderman? No! It's just some fella dressed up like a fictional cartoon character.

    As for a tribute artist appearing in a dirty movie and fooling Elvis fans, good one!
    Well said!
    I'll Remember You!!!

  13. #13
    International Level nolvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    897

    Cool Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    I see your point, Winston, just my opinion - no-one is Elvis, so simply, to me, they should have some dignity and be themselves, and if talented, persue their own career rather than jumping on Elvis' decades of hardwork, talent, and dedication, basically, they are jumping on his shirt tails.

    This man in the video overdoes the mannerisms.

    To see someone copying Elvis, it hurts.
    I agree, I feel the same way!

  14. #14
    Cadillac King Kajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    267

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRtherealJR View Post
    You still haven't explained why Ben Portsmouth "frightens" you.
    Probably the same way why I'm frighten by your picture too. Cause obviously the guy is obsessed with Elvis too much and wants to walk and talk and sound and sing and dress like someone else. It's spooky and ridiculous. The guy is a complete joke just as the other 99 percent of Elvis impersonators. If you wanna be a successful musician try to build your own career with your own songs and style and not copying somebody else's and who knows maybe one day there will be your impersonators or people wearing shirts with your name on it and will try to copy your style. But you have to work very very hard and not steel somebody elses hard work as someone said here before for some nostalgic moment. It's just ridiculous and funny. No offence to anybody on the forum that's just my opinion. I mean I also have sideburns but that's about it.Don't need to look like the guy and walk with those kind of clothes and a Pompadour on my head to be a true fan.
    Last edited by Kajo; 06-06-2013 at 05:17 PM.

  15. #15
    Cadillac King Kajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    267

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    I see your point, Winston, just my opinion - no-one is Elvis, so simply, to me, they should have some dignity and be themselves, and if talented, persue their own career rather than jumping on Elvis' decades of hardwork, talent, and dedication, basically, they are jumping on his shirt tails.

    This man in the video overdoes the mannerisms.

    To see someone copying Elvis, it hurts.
    Completely agree with you Turbo.

  16. #16
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    232

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    ... Probably the same way why I'm frighten by your picture too ...
    Good post.

  17. #17
    International Level Cliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Christchurch,New Zealand (Middle Earth)
    Posts
    932

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    First, and this does not change the way I feel about tribute artists, I must admit that Mr Portsmouth does do a very convincing job.
    Second, I would say,judging from his voice he is a trained singer.

    I feel the only way you'll ever find why these guys do what they do is to get into there minds. For that reason I would like to ask JRthe realJR. Why do you feel you have to copy Elvis? I see by your profile pic that this obviously does not stop when you come off stage, that is if you are a tribute artist.
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

  18. #18
    Roustabouts
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    21

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    I'm not into the tribute artists at all. However, there is obviously a demand for them because the top ones seem to make a very good living doing this. That being said, it is a little creepy. To think that they sit and study every little mannerism and facial expression that Elvis would do is weird to me. Not to mention the plastic surgery. It's one thing to imitate Elvis on stage. But to have to walk around in everyday life with a bad copy of someone else's face?

  19. #19
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    232

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Well said Sammycakes.

  20. #20
    I'm only Your elvia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Poland - Europe
    Posts
    6,076

    Re: It get frightened what the impersonators do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    No offence to anybody on the forum that's just my opinion. .Don't need to look like the guy and walk with those kind of clothes and a Pompadour on my head to be a true fan.
    Agree! You have sideburns, I comb my bangs in such a way as Elvis. That's all, but I always did. Even if I have not loved Elvis.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Similar Threads

  1. What Do You Think Of Elvis Impersonators?
    By E.L.V.I.S in forum Off topic
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 03:33 AM
  2. do we need impersonators?
    By lvelvis in forum Off topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 01:10 AM
  3. Elvis Impersonators
    By himloveher in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
  4. Elvis Impersonators
    By Pelvis in forum Off topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 09:07 PM
  5. impersonators
    By fandom in forum Off topic
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •