Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Linda Thompson is writing a memoir

Linda Thompson is writing a memoir

TCB Mafia

Re: Linda Thompson is writing a memoir

Linda Thompson has been supposedly working on her memoirs for about 10 years.

I'll believe it if and when they ever get published.

During the late 1970s and all the way until the end of the 1990s just about every book written about Elvis got published but it's not that way anymore.

Even if Linda finished this book she's supposedly working on i'm not sure if she'll ever get it published.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Linda Thompson has been supposedly working on her memoirs for about 10 years.

I'll believe it if and when they ever get published.

During the late 1970s and all the way until the end of the 1990s just about every book written about Elvis got published but it's not that way anymore.

Even if Linda finished this book she's supposedly working on i'm not sure if she'll ever get it published.
    IF Linda is writing a book on HER life and not just about the 4 1/2 years with Elvis, then no doubt it would be published. She has strong connections to the Kardashians who just might be as recognized as the Kennedys are. Not to mention all three men who she has been either married to or romantically connected to are legends in their own right. Bruce Jenner set Olympics records in the late 1970's. David Foster is recognized as one of the greatest songwriter/producers of all time. And of course, there's Elvis.

Of course a book by her would get published.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    IF Linda is writing a book on HER life and not just about the 4 1/2 years with Elvis, then no doubt it would be published. She has strong connections to the Kardashians who just might be as recognized as the Kennedys are. Not to mention all three men who she has been either married to or romantically connected to are legends in their own right. Bruce Jenner set Olympics records in the late 1970's. David Foster is recognized as one of the greatest songwriter/producers of all time. And of course, there's Elvis.

Not necessarily.

Sheila Ryan wrote a book about her relationship with Elvis but it was supposedly also about her life.

She dated several famous people besides Elvis and for whatever reason no publishers were interested.

Elvis would be the main draw in any book Linda writes.

Not necessarily.

Sheila Ryan wrote a book about her relationship with Elvis but it was supposedly also about her life.

She dated several famous people besides Elvis and for whatever reason no publishers were interested.

Elvis would be the main draw in any book Linda writes.
    All Shelia was known for was being a Playmate for Playboy and for marrying James Caan.

Linda on the other hand is well known for being a songwriter, Miss America finalist, Elvis' girlfriend, and actress. Trust me, people know her.

She's also had cameos on both Keeping Up With The Kardashians and Real Housewives Of Hollywood.

TCB Mafia

All Shelia was known for was being a Playmate for Playboy and for marrying James Caan.

Linda on the other hand is well known for being a songwriter, Miss America finalist, Elvis' girlfriend, and actress. Trust me, people know her.

She's also had cameos on both Keeping Up With The Kardashians and Real Housewives Of Hollywood.
    Linda Thompson is a little more known than Sheila Ryan was but not by much.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

I for one look forward to hearing in detail of her time with Elvis god knows she tried as much as she could to help him through the darkest time of his life.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I agree she has had a big career outside of Elvis. She has written many hit songs and has had a very interesting life, of course she will always be most known for dating Elvis.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

TCB Mafia

I'm sorry but if no publishers are interested in publishing a book about Linda's relationship with Elvis then it's not going to get published.

Linda's accomplishments outside of Elvis are not known to the general public and they wouldn't be enough to entice publishers if Elvis isn't.

Most people don't know she wrote lyrics to songs by Whitney Houston and Celine Dion.

Music producers are behind the scenes so most people don't know who David Foster is.

Linda Thompson had bit parts in Fantasy island, Chips and Vega$ thirty years ago.

Most people don't know Linda Thompson came in third place for Miss Tennesse Universe nor care if they did.

Besides Elvis she's probably best known for being on Hee Haw.

I'm sorry but if no publishers are interested in publishing a book about Linda's relationship with Elvis then it's not going to get published.

Linda's accomplishments outside of Elvis are not known to the general public and they wouldn't be enough to entice publishers if Elvis isn't.

Most people don't know she wrote lyrics to songs by Whitney Houston and Celine Dion.

Music producers are behind the scenes so most people don't know who David Foster is.

Linda Thompson had bit parts in Fantasy island, Chips and Vega$ thirty years ago.

Most people don't know Linda Thompson came in third place for Miss Tennesse Universe nor care if they did.

Besides Elvis she's probably best known for being on Hee Haw.
    There are a lot of people that write books and are published that people have no clue who the person is and what they did in life. Some are not best sellers but they just lived a fascinating life and a publisher/writer wanted to tell their story.

RIP Tommy

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    There are a lot of people that write books and are published that people have no clue who the person is and what they did in life. Some are not best sellers but they just lived a fascinating life and a publisher/writer wanted to tell their story.
    True but publishers will not publish a book if they think it will have no chance of selling when they put it out.

My point is if no publisher is interested in Linda's stories about Elvis the rest of her life story won't make up for it.

VivaElvis was talking as if Linda Thompson accomplishments were well known and that would be enough to get her book published if her connections to Elvis weren't.

I don't believe that to be the case.

Futhermore as i alluded to the days of anyone automatically getting a book deal because they wrote about Elvis are gone.

As several people in the Elvis World have recently written books but have had no such luck in finding a publisher.

If they had written their books in the 1980s or 1990s i have no doubt they would have gotten them published.

All I can say is I hope she does get her book published, I will buy it. She has always spoke positive about our guy and I for one would love to read about her life.

My money is on that it will be published, it may not be a big seller but it will happen.

RIP Tommy

True but publishers will not publish a book if they think it will have no chance of selling when they put it out.

My point is if no publisher is interested in Linda's stories about Elvis the rest of her life story won't make up for it.

VivaElvis was talking as if Linda Thompson accomplishments were well known and that would be enough to get her book published if her connections to Elvis weren't.

I don't believe that to be the case.

Futhermore as i alluded to the days of anyone automatically getting a book deal because they wrote about Elvis are gone.

As several people in the Elvis World have recently written books but have had no such luck in finding a publisher.

If they had written their books in the 1980s or 1990s i have no doubt they would have gotten them published.

Any book written on Elvis is going to sell, period. His maid even got a book deal. His MAID!!!! If she can get one then no doubt his lover will.

If you honestly believe that the interest in Elvis is gone or dying out then you need to get out more. Elvis' popularity and interest is getting stronger every year! And that's a 100% fact!!!

But aside from Elvis, her marriages to popular figures like Bruce Jenner and David Foster would get her a deal on their own.

Linda gets followed by the paparazzi for crying out loud constantly asked about her private life. Does Little Richard or Chuck Berry? No they don't. Most people don't even know that they are still alive.

Linda was offered millions before to write one but turned it down. And this was just a few years ago.

TCB Mafia

Any book written on Elvis is going to sell, period. His maid even got a book deal. His MAID!!!! If she can get one then no doubt his lover will.

If you honestly believe that the interest in Elvis is gone or dying out then you need to get out more. Elvis' popularity and interest is getting stronger every year! And that's a 100% fact!!!

But aside from Elvis, her marriages to popular figures like Bruce Jenner and David Foster would get her a deal on their own.

Linda gets followed by the paparazzi for crying out loud constantly asked about her private life. Does Little Richard or Chuck Berry? No they don't. Most people don't even know that they are still alive.

Linda was offered millions before to write one but turned it down. And this was just a few years ago.
    You are just being crazy.

You are just being crazy.
    No, I'm being real. Everything I said is a fact.

For some reason you seem to have a problem with reality.

TCB Mafia

No, I'm being real. Everything I said is a fact.

For some reason you seem to have a problem with reality.
    I've made my point and since you've refused to take what i have said into consideration it is your loss.

After all I could be right and you could be wrong.

You often dismiss other people's points of view as not being in touch with reality if they don't agree with whatever you say.

That is messed up.

Backstage Pass

... is writing a book ... just about the 4 1/2 years with Elvis ...
    That's the thing I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained Melody View Post
    ... look forward to hearing in detail of her time with Elvis ...
    Same for me.

I've never know, that she wrote lyrics to songs for such great artist.

If she gets it published I will definitely buy it, just for the Elvis period of her life
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I have to agree with Brian here.

Prior to becoming an Elvis fan I had no idea who she was. It's not so much of a stretch to suggest some people wouldn't know who she is and wouldn't be interested in her story either. Of course, I've since learned a bit about her and I quite like her, but I'd only be interested in reading about her life with Elvis.

Good luck to her if she pursues it, but I doubt she'd reveal much of that time with Elvis anyway. Hasn't she always maintained she'd never write a book out of respect for Lisa?

Linda has been retweeting people about her writing the book in their support of it. If she wasn't she would come out and deny the report. Another thing, people today usually get a nice financial advanced payment to write a book. Not the other way around.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast