Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TCB World, a division of EPE or Elvis.com number 2 ?

Re: TCB World, a division of EPE or Elvis.com number 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Yeah, I could go on too, but the idea it's clear.
    You know? I have nothing against of you personally, so don't get offense. But sometimes we wonder how our society has come to this point and the answer it's right in front of us.
    Money it's not everything in life.
    I agree money is not everything in life-I agree 100%....
    To me its not the money being made or how much.... because as I have pointed out-all this went on with Elvis's consent before he died ......its about your last final hold upon life-and your decisions about what happens with all you have acquired in that lifetime and "every persons right to decide that"
    Elvis left a financial mess, he over spent, he indulged his whims and he let Parker rob him of millions in contracts that were a joke.
    Now every person has the right to do whatever they want with what they make and earn-sometimes without consequences....and sometimes it leads to what we had in 1980 for his family.
    Perhaps someone should have convinced Elvis that "money was not everything" because that was his primary concern in his last wishes...that his estate should grow and flourish for Lisa....if it had not been his primary concern-he would have made other arrangements, set limits, provided guidelines, started a trust for Lisa "while he was alive" instead of leaving a mess at death.

I am not being critical of Elvis-he was who he was, he was a combination of his upbringing and heredity that forms who we are...those factors are the building blocks for the personality each person exhibits-good and bad....the quirks, the charity of heart, etc... the foundation of each individual.
    Elvis was not concerned with money, nor a great planner for the future and someone had to "fullfill his wishes to grow the estate" because of that lack of concern and planning.
    The will does give a hint to Elvis being worried about the financial shape of his estate-in Item II he specifically gives the executor the power to sell virtually any of his things with only one condition-it must be to the benefit of the estate.
    In another section he tells the trustees that they must use the prudence and judgement they would use in their own financial affairs when managing and protecting the trust of the estate for minor children....the only instructions from Elvis concern money and financial security.
    I totally agree with you money is not everything..........and for Elvis we see a very unconcerned, charitable man when it came to money-
    but Elvis did worry about the well being of Lisa....he was concerned about money for her benefit and in extension for her children and their children....that is why very few conditions, very few specifics. That was his right his virtual last right before death.
    I do not take offense, I have had way more offensive things accused of me, or thrown at me in my life than a discussion about Elvis.
    Parker did not worry about "a legacy" and he did not instill in Elvis a worry for a legacy....he pushed profit and loss.
    Elvis accepted that as "business" The "inheritance" of that thinking-is what we see in the aftermath of his death.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Trelane P View Post
    Maybe it's the frequency of the elvis.com posts that bother people.

If they posted once a week with links within the post to the news items of that week maybe it would be less intrusive.

Discuss
    Thank you! That's a good one.

I'll let it know to the rest of the team.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 04-22-2013 at 09:27 PM.

The simplest way to not actually "censor" news is to ignore the threads and links if you do not like the topic, the source, the point of view...but thats just my opinion.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    The simplest way to not actually "censor" news is to ignore the threads and links if you do not like the topic, the source, the point of view...but thats just my opinion.
    If this was facebook, I'll give you likes on all your posts on this thread my friend.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 04-22-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    If this was facebook, I'll give you likes an all your posts on this thread my friend.
    Thank you for the nice thoughts.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    If this was facebook, I'll give you likes on all your posts on this thread my friend.
    me too..........'talks' a lot of common sense does our Ken
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

He certainly does Deb.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123