Thread: Is there any full footage of Elvis doing Mystery Train/Tiger Man from Aug '70?

Is there any full footage of Elvis doing Mystery Train/Tiger Man from Aug '70?

As we had noticed, the original TTWII film used it in the opening, but you can't really see Elvis doing it, *** footage from the audience during the Phoeniz Arizona concert is imposed. Latter on, its used again half way in the film, but only a fragment of the performance is seen, as it is spliced with the european fan club footage.

The Special Edition, only uses Mystery Train for the opening, and is heavly edited using footage from other songs, and it has the credits all around obviously.

But we have never seen a full Mystery Train/TigerMan performance from that season!!! not oficially released at least!!!

Does anybody know of any source that does have that full performance in good quality?

Can't believe we don't have one of Elvis hottest and signature perfomances available, and its there, in full pro-quality!

Re: Is there any full footage of Elvis doing Mystery Train/Tiger Man from Aug '70?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nIilc47mZ8
    i think this may be from TTWII complete works
    I'll have a look at my videos tomorrow and let you know
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

Re: Is there any full footage of Elvis doing Mystery Train/Tiger Man from Aug '70?

Thanks man! Yes I guess the very last one you're sharing, the split screen one with three angles, is the closest we got!

How could this great performance is been omited over and over in its full form?

I guess we will be hoping for ever and ever to see the full TTWII shows released oficially...

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Thanks man! Yes I guess the very last one you're sharing, the split screen one with three angles, is the closest we got!

How could this great performance is been omited over and over in its full form?

I guess we will be hoping for ever and ever to see the full TTWII shows released oficially...
    I know what you mean!! Kind of like On Tour and E.I.C.! We want them released in their entirety and let it be an official release instead of a bootleg set that costs as much as a car to buy, hahaha.
    Sincerely,
    Mr.TCB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TCB View Post
    I know what you mean!! Kind of like On Tour and E.I.C.! We want them released in their entirety and let it be an official release instead of a bootleg set that costs as much as a car to buy, hahaha.
    A Bootleg: cool packing, crapy image/sound, a lot of money. But they are such an irrefusable fetish! lol
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 03-20-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Found the Opening Night Version used on the opening credits of the original TTWII:

Terrible image.

nice viideo

In theaters when TTWII came out-Elvis and the stobe light effect were awesome to watch!
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    In theaters when TTWII came out-Elvis and the stobe light effect were awesome to watch!
    I agree, when I saw the anniversary show this past August it was freaking awesome with the strobe lights, it gave me chills.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

When I went to see TTWII in 1970 I went with the members of my band and they were not the Elvis fan I was-they liked Creedance Clearwater Revival, 3 Dog Night, Beatles etc......but they had a respect for Elvis and they went because I... "was the leader of the band"
    We walked in just as the first showing was ending-and we all were mesmorized by Elvis as he was just starting "Can't Help Falling In Love"
    So athletically thin looking, so vibrant in face and movement-and his voice coming over the theater sound system booming,....suddenly my friends were "FANS" they never knew the power he had-nor the range.
    We watched the film -twice!
    They came away converted.
    We added several Elvis songs to our "must learn list".......(songs they had not wanted to learn before seeing TTWII)
    One friend went out a few days later and found a purple paisley shirt with brown pin stripped pants to try and dress like Elvis...it was incredible....ahhh those were the days.
    Work in Progress!

[QUOTE=KPM;421250]When I went to see TTWII in 1970 I went with the members of my band and they were not the Elvis fan I was-they liked Creedance Clearwater Revival, 3 Dog Night, Beatles etc......but they had a respect for Elvis and they went because I... "was the leader of the band"
    We walked in just as the first showing was ending-and we all were mesmorized by Elvis as he was just starting "Can't Help Falling In Love"
    So athletically thin looking, so vibrant in face and movement-and his voice coming over the theater sound system booming,....suddenly my friends were "FANS" they never knew the power he had-nor the range.
    We added several Elvis songs to our "must learn list".......(songs they had not wanted to learn before seeing TTWII)
    One friend went out a few days later and found a purple paisley shirt with brown pin stripped pants to try and dress like Elvis...it was incredible....ahhh those were the days.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TCB View Post

I'm sorry, but I pray that Elvis In Concert stays BURIED.....period!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'm sorry, but I pray that Elvis In Concert stays BURIED.....period!
    Then you'll get a more radical, hidden EIC movement.

Thank you guys for the videos and information. Interesting!
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    When I went to see TTWII in 1970 I went with the members of my band and they were not the Elvis fan I was-they liked Creedance Clearwater Revival, 3 Dog Night, Beatles etc......but they had a respect for Elvis and they went because I... "was the leader of the band"
    One friend went out a few days later and found a purple paisley shirt with brown pin stripped pants to try and dress like Elvis...it was incredible....ahhh those were the days.
    Great Story! thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Found the Opening Night Version used on the opening credits of the original TTWII:

Terrible image.
    Thanks for the video!!