Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: NEW ALOHA BOOK IS ALMOST HERE! New Artwork

  1. #21
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941

    Re: NEW ALOHA BOOK IS ALMOST HERE! New Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by JRtherealJR View Post
    No, it is not.

    It looks to me to be the same. I can't tell any difference whatsoever. Show me a "before and after" picture and I might be convinced.

  2. #22
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: NEW ALOHA BOOK IS ALMOST HERE! New Artwork

    I'm glad this was the first Elvis concert I watched. I'm definately getting the book.

  3. #23
    Cadillac King JRtherealJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    324

    Re: NEW ALOHA BOOK IS ALMOST HERE! New Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    It looks to me to be the same. I can't tell any difference whatsoever. Show me a "before and after" picture and I might be convinced.
    This is the originally released preview of the Aloha book from Dec 2012:


    And this is the new image which was released this month shsowing a new glimpse of the inside artwork:


    So, I was correct when I said that some new artwork had emerged- But I think you have misunderstood what I meant by this- you said that you "can't tell any difference whatsoever". This is indicative that you thought I meant the actual artwork design of the book cover is new.

    What I was saying was that a new photo has emerged showing a previously unseen angle of the book where you can see the artwork inside.

    Hope this helps clarify things.

    And don't worry, there is no need to thank me.

  4. #24
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941

    Re: NEW ALOHA BOOK IS ALMOST HERE! New Artwork

    Yes, that helps clarify a lot more but I have one final question. In the first photo you posted (and in relation to the second photo where it looks like (what seems to be) to be a cardboard stand-up, does the book come with a sleeve that you can slide the book into to protect it or is it just the book? Do you know that I'm trying to say? I'm not good at describing things....sorry....



    Oh, and JRtherealJR: I wasn't planning on thanking you. You didn't have to be rude and respond like that. What is this, anyway? "Pick on Tony" week??

  5. #25
    Cadillac King JRtherealJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    324

    Re: NEW ALOHA BOOK IS ALMOST HERE! New Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Yes, that helps clarify a lot more but I have one final question. In the first photo you posted (and in relation to the second photo where it looks like (what seems to be) to be a cardboard stand-up, does the book come with a sleeve that you can slide the book into to protect it or is it just the book? Do you know that I'm trying to say? I'm not good at describing things....sorry....



    Oh, and JRtherealJR: I wasn't planning on thanking you. You didn't have to be rude and respond like that. What is this, anyway? "Pick on Tony" week??
    That's OK, you described it pretty well- yes I've heard that the book comes inside a sleeve to protect it and also to make it a little more unique I suppose. I can't wait to get this book and I'm going to pre-order it on Tuesday next week from a seller here in the UK.

    And thanks for confirming what I was teasing you about- I knew you probably wouldn't thank me for all my hard work in putting the information & photos up.

    But no worries- it's only a bit of lighthearted banter

  6. #26
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941

    Re: NEW ALOHA BOOK IS ALMOST HERE! New Artwork

    I don't have the $$$ to pre-order, unfortunately. When is the actual release date?

  7. #27
    Cadillac King JRtherealJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    324

    Re: NEW ALOHA BOOK IS ALMOST HERE! New Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I don't have the $$$ to pre-order, unfortunately. When is the actual release date?
    We still don't have an exact date- but it will be next month. I hope this means it will be the first week of April and not the last!

    For me, this book is an essential purchase as I've always been a great admirer of the Aloha show.

  8. #28
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941

    Re: NEW ALOHA BOOK IS ALMOST HERE! New Artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by JRtherealJR View Post
    We still don't have an exact date- but it will be next month. I hope this means it will be the first week of April and not the last!

    For me, this book is an essential purchase as I've always been a great admirer of the Aloha show.

    It's an essential purchase for me, also, because I've always loved the Aloha show ever since I first saw it on VHS a LONG time ago. Some may shoot me but, I love the mix on that VHS release because you can hear the full band (especially the backup vocalists and Kathy Westmoreland - unlike on the the 2004 re-issue where they basically sound like they were in another room altogether).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 10:03 AM
  2. New elvis book(sounds like a horrible book)
    By david72 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 07:27 AM
  3. New JAT 'Aloha' book
    By debtdbruno in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 03:01 PM
  4. NEW: Aloha From Hawaii Book
    By U.S. Male in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 05:30 PM
  5. Aloha From hawaii-Alternate Aloha DVD Cover
    By heber in forum (alternate) Artwork discussion and Work-In-Progress
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •