Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

  1. #21
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    Numbers can be made to say anything you want-look at this last election and the numbers about virtually every major point in our economy were disputed or put into doubt by both sides.
    I recall Al Franken discussing the budget in the 90s during Clintons presidency with a GOP Congresional leader (I believe it was John Kasich) and during their conversation Kasich kept saying there would be no cuts to the budget under the GOP proposals at the time-Franken asked him
    "Does that take into consideration the growth in population and projected inflation-are the dollars constant" Kasich admitted it was not-
    so it was a cut when you have more people in the system and the dollars buy less-it was a cut.

    I have never said Obama was a great president, terrible president or anything in between my friend-you assume that is what I am saying.
    I have said he inherited "A MESS" ...no ifs, ans, or buts....A mess that was "UNPRECEDENTED IN SCOPE WORLDWIDE"
    We are not talking a normal economic downturn we are talking worldwide financial calamity since the last year of Bushes Presidency.
    We are also speaking of a great number of GOP elected Congressional people that have openly made it clear that
    "making sure Obama failed" was their number one mission.
    The Tea Party has all but added that idea into their bylaws...never mind that it does nothing to help the country out of the
    "unprecedented financial mess" or that it stopped progress of any kind.
    That is just wrong-pure and simple.
    The bulk of Americans in poll after poll favor the Obama idea of cuts and increased revenue......WHY-because they see that cutting that much spending to quick does not help it hurts. This was a prime topic of the last election-how to balance the budget.
    Romney had a plan, Obama had a plan and Romney lost. GOP lost Senate seats and House seats...that should be a message to someone.
    IF they GOP do not make a few compromises it will not be the majority party in the House after the next election in 2 years.
    The upper 2 % have not just done better-they have thrived over the last 30 years-the middle class and poor have slipped back over the last 30 years. Something is wrong-when jobs can be sent overseas and the companies that do so get tax breaks? They also see their elderly parents and grandparents who depend upon the Medicare and SS...(that they have paid for all their lives thru mandated
    payroll taxes) and they see how the worry eats away at them about their future.
    MY OWN MOTHER died in Sept. and for the last 2 years every time we spoke that a news program was playing on her TV she openly worried about how much more her Medicare premium would go up, and how increases for SS did not cover the increased cost for her Medicare.
    She did not lead a life of luxury-she got about $996 dollars a month SS-her left over money after bills was around $100 a month-that was her grocery money...in her last years she dropped her paper delivery, she went to basic cable and she cried every time someones birthday, anniversary or Christmas came around-because she could not afford presents for anyone. Yet people defend hundreds of millions in bonuses to single corporate individuals for making a company stronger-by cutting Americans out of work and sending the jobs to Taiwan or India...so much for the American way of life.
    Millions live similar to my late mom-so talk of cuts to programs that help them ...scare the hell out of them.
    Speaker Boehner had an opportunity 2 summers ago during he debt ceiling negotiations-about 3 trillion in deficit deduction was on the table by Obama-including changes to Medicare and SS.....it included new revenue...Obama called him and asked for a little more on the revenue side and Boehner broke off negotiations........he could have said
    "NO Mr. President but we can move on the original package"
    or he could have told Obama the truth:
    "I am not even sure I can get the new revenue thru the Tea Party caucus that I have agreed to up to now"
    But he broke off negotiations, would not return calls etc.........opportunity lost.
    Its kind of funny to me how outraged some are today about spending and taxes-
    Dick Cheney said as Vice President under Bush:
    "Dont worry about deficits-Reagan proved deficits do not matter"
    Not many Republicans disagreed with him-when he, Bush and a Republican Congress were running up debt with huge tax cuts to the upper 2%, 2 wars and increased spending.
    Under Clinton-Newt Gingrich tried to block progress and he and the Republican Congress got the blame for lack of progress in public opinion...just as is happening now.
    The first key Clinton budget that attacked the debt and deficit got not one Republican vote that budget set the stage for 22 million jobs, Wall Street confidence and a surplus projected in the trillions for the next decade after Clinton left office.
    Clinton and Gingrich sat down and worked out many of their differences which paved the way for a a very sucessful period in our US history-they compromised and cooperated...today compromise and cooperation are unheard of.
    No one can have it all their way, average Americans are willing to see programs cut-as long as they think "everyone shares in the process"
    I said I did not want to start another tit for tat and I meant it.
    I see us accomplishing nothing.......I have been coming here to TCB world for about 8 years enjoying the love of Elvis and his talent with other fans...it is an escape from work, problems, complications of life.... and the ill will of society that we all have to encounter each and every day (Repub or Dem)
    I do not want to stop coming here because it is no longer a place of enjoyment.
    I have a good rep here, honest.....try to be fair..... and I take pride in that...... in all areas of my life.
    Work in Progress!

  2. #22
    TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I wish Graceland
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    I come to this site for relaxation as well. But I cannot allow something that is not true to be said and not give the facts or question the comment. I know that you have demanded from a certain member here not to say something that is not a fact, you say that is his opinion. Well I responded to your comments with nothing but facts and you responded with all your opinions.

    I will respond to your recent comments with again, facts. All of this you can look up and see it is not my opinion.

    That is a first I have never heard that Bush is responsible for a “worldwide economic downturn”. I thought the POTUS is only responsible for the USA. New to me. Obama has been in office for over 4 years, when will this become his mess and not Bush and the republicans. I remember when the economy took a turn and it was right when Obama was about to win the election. As I have said before he scares the day lights out of businesses.

    I would like to know where some GOP guy said, they want Obama to fail. Who said it? I wanted Obama to prove me wrong in the beginning, I really did. I want the country to succeed in the economy. When everyone is successful we are all successful, not just the greedy rich.

    What you forget is that Obama had just over 50% of the votes, he didn’t win by much. So the other half of the population likes that the tea party stands more for what they believe. The tea party has just gotten a bad wrap from the liberal media because it threatens there false info it spills out.

    The polls I have seen about Obama’s economy show they approve of what he is doing but they agree Washington has a spending problem. So that is messed up in their thoughts, they don’t understand what he is for. It was proven again that the sequestration came from Obama and his administration. Fact. Obama lied in his debate with Romney when he said and I quote the sequestration will not happen. Fact. The sequestration would not have happened if Obama could try to compromise with GOP. He doesn’t even have a relationship with the democrats. Obama came out talking about how the end of the world if the sequester happens. And of course nothing has happened. So the people see now more than ever and even the media has jumped on board saying cuts in spending are what we need. This egg on his face is hurting him right now with his agenda.

    That is why you have to lower taxes for the companies to not go over seas. Do you know what states are doing the best right now? All of the states that have no state taxes. Fact. Crazy I know.

    I’m sorry about your mother. It is tough to watch someone that you love have to struggle in life. But we need some major work on the SS and Medicare. I think the first step is to raise the age limit, people are just living longer. I know that it will not be there when I’m old enough to retire. That is why I’m doing my best to not need to rely on that.

    There is just to much scare tactics with creating fear that you will suffer and die if the republicans get their way. There is a video (I could send it to you but you wouldn’t watch it) to the days of Clinton with his scare tactics of the world will collapse if he is not in office. Fast forward and Obama and the dems are doing the same thing, ie sequester and debt limit. That is back firing on him the people are getting tired of that. We have a new crisis at the end of the month. Let me guess he will say its Bush’s and republicans fault.

    The republicans passed two bills for the budget and Obama not one in 3 years. Fact. Obama could have prevented all of this if he was willing to tell what he wants and work across the isle. Republicans caved on the tax increase, which I did not agree but they wanted in return spending cuts, they haven’t been giving. Bill O’Reilly did a two day special on there were no actual spending cuts, they were I will cut into medicare, there are no specific details. Paul Ryan is coming out with a detailed path to get rid of the national debt. One of the best things I have heard is cut 1 penny from every dollar of spending, they say it will get rid of our debt in 6 years. Obama hired a whole group of economist to help him with the national debt and he just blew them off. They came up with the 1 penny from every dollar idea. Very simple. Simpson-Bowles had decent ideas and he blew them off as well. There is no compromise in him. All he wants to do is tax the greedy rich.

    I will say that I gave you facts on this post and the previous post, all facts. Facts always stand the test of time, you can’t argue facts. I will give you the last word if you want one I will not respond to anything that you say. One of the only things I will ever agree with you on is the love for Elvis.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

    RIP Tommy


  3. #23
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    But we need some major work on the SS and Medicare. I think the first step is to raise the age limit, people are just living longer. I know that it will not be there when Iím old enough to retire. That is why Iím doing my best to not need to rely on that.

    Some people - *points to myself* - actually HAVE to rely on SS/Medicare/MediCaid because of being disabled...and I, honestly, HATE that I have to rely on it because it has caused me to miss chances of collecting some Elvis stuff recently that I really wanted but my parents (especially my own mother) thinks collecting Elvis stuff is stupid. It could be worse - I could be out there on the street on drugs instead of wanting just some books to read! There's a couple of books that have been released in the past that I would give my right arm for but, because my financial situation is so screwed up by my own mother handling my money and NOT me, I can't get them.

  4. #24
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I come to this site for relaxation as well. But I cannot allow something that is not true to be said and not give the facts or question the comment. I know that you have demanded from a certain member here not to say something that is not a fact, you say that is his opinion. Well I responded to your comments with nothing but facts and you responded with all your opinions.

    I will respond to your recent comments with again, facts. All of this you can look up and see it is not my opinion.

    That is a first I have never heard that Bush is responsible for a “worldwide economic downturn”. I thought the POTUS is only responsible for the USA. New to me. Obama has been in office for over 4 years, when will this become his mess and not Bush and the republicans. I remember when the economy took a turn and it was right when Obama was about to win the election. As I have said before he scares the day lights out of businesses.

    I would like to know where some GOP guy said, they want Obama to fail. Who said it? I wanted Obama to prove me wrong in the beginning, I really did. I want the country to succeed in the economy. When everyone is successful we are all successful, not just the greedy rich.

    What you forget is that Obama had just over 50% of the votes, he didn’t win by much. So the other half of the population likes that the tea party stands more for what they believe. The tea party has just gotten a bad wrap from the liberal media because it threatens there false info it spills out.

    The polls I have seen about Obama’s economy show they approve of what he is doing but they agree Washington has a spending problem. So that is messed up in their thoughts, they don’t understand what he is for. It was proven again that the sequestration came from Obama and his administration. Fact. Obama lied in his debate with Romney when he said and I quote the sequestration will not happen. Fact. The sequestration would not have happened if Obama could try to compromise with GOP. He doesn’t even have a relationship with the democrats. Obama came out talking about how the end of the world if the sequester happens. And of course nothing has happened. So the people see now more than ever and even the media has jumped on board saying cuts in spending are what we need. This egg on his face is hurting him right now with his agenda.

    That is why you have to lower taxes for the companies to not go over seas. Do you know what states are doing the best right now? All of the states that have no state taxes. Fact. Crazy I know.

    I’m sorry about your mother. It is tough to watch someone that you love have to struggle in life. But we need some major work on the SS and Medicare. I think the first step is to raise the age limit, people are just living longer. I know that it will not be there when I’m old enough to retire. That is why I’m doing my best to not need to rely on that.

    There is just to much scare tactics with creating fear that you will suffer and die if the republicans get their way. There is a video (I could send it to you but you wouldn’t watch it) to the days of Clinton with his scare tactics of the world will collapse if he is not in office. Fast forward and Obama and the dems are doing the same thing, ie sequester and debt limit. That is back firing on him the people are getting tired of that. We have a new crisis at the end of the month. Let me guess he will say its Bush’s and republicans fault.

    The republicans passed two bills for the budget and Obama not one in 3 years. Fact. Obama could have prevented all of this if he was willing to tell what he wants and work across the isle. Republicans caved on the tax increase, which I did not agree but they wanted in return spending cuts, they haven’t been giving. Bill O’Reilly did a two day special on there were no actual spending cuts, they were I will cut into medicare, there are no specific details. Paul Ryan is coming out with a detailed path to get rid of the national debt. One of the best things I have heard is cut 1 penny from every dollar of spending, they say it will get rid of our debt in 6 years. Obama hired a whole group of economist to help him with the national debt and he just blew them off. They came up with the 1 penny from every dollar idea. Very simple. Simpson-Bowles had decent ideas and he blew them off as well. There is no compromise in him. All he wants to do is tax the greedy rich.

    I will say that I gave you facts on this post and the previous post, all facts. Facts always stand the test of time, you can’t argue facts. I will give you the last word if you want one I will not respond to anything that you say. One of the only things I will ever agree with you on is the love for Elvis.
    Your facts my friend are as I said-dependent upon how those figures and data are interpreted, analyzed and then---SPUN....by the people pushing an agenda...on each side. This is a fact.
    I could also post link after link of data but to what purpose-you believe your sources-you believe your O'Reilly or Fox news or whomever and thats why tit for tat goes nowhere.
    The Sequestration results are not going to be felt for months-when the money that each furlowed employee begins to not show up in the stores, markets and the ripple begins. It is not immediate-its not like a tap that is turned off.
    750 000 people will lose jobs-a figure that Republicans did not dispute...they said it was not really severe cuts. IF you are not one of the 750,000 yes those cuts are not severe-or if you are worling in a store and they no longer need you because of less money being spent(especially around military bases where cuts are expected to be harsh) I heard them speaking this morning about Scott Airforce Base in my area and how the ripple will hurt local business. How many bases are in the US-how many people beyond 750,000 will lose some type of income?
    The banking crisis which spurred the financial meltdown had a ripple effect-that spread over the world.
    Todays society is not 1913-the moment something happens "Anywhere in the World" it is known to all points no matter how far removed.
    The fear that sparks in financial markets from bad news is so evident its not funny....and that fear sparks drops in markets.
    As our Stock Market began its collapse in 2008 the worlds followed...even today if the European markets have a bad night-the next morning the DOW drops by even more-so yes its a fact that the American financial crisis in the end of the Bush 2nd term sparked the worldwide crisis.
    Simpson Bowles did have good ideas-but you are selective in mentioning that Obama blew them away-so did Republicans.
    The Simpson Bowles plan had tax increases and changes to corporate loop holes that ........Republicans could not tolerate.
    Protect those rich folks at all costs---even though during Bushes large tax cut to the upper 2% the jobs went overseas and into off shore tax shelters.
    Scare Tactics-listeneing to the Republicans every single election cycle is a schooling in scare tactics aimed at turning out their base-come on-
    They will take your guns!!!
    They will suppress your civil liberties!!!
    They will take away religious freedoms!!!
    Their aim is to turn the US into a Socialist country!!!
    Obama is different-you cant trust different, look at his middle name....sounds Muslim!!
    Youi mention Bill O Reilly (the "journalist" who use to host Hard Copy years ago) Well Chris Mathews (who actually has been in the midst of the governing process in his life-unlike O Reilly) also has done many of his shows pointing out the many myths and out and out lies that were repeated on the campaign trail and even after...I'm sure you probably do not watch much Mathews but he has on Former GOP Chairman Mr Steele quite often.....Mr. Steele is fairly moderate-he does not endorse the wild end of the GOP he talks sense...if a few more GOP were like that and also on the Dem side-more would get done without the "HYSTERICS"
    The Tea Party is not 50% of the country-it is a fringe that wants everything its way-the last 2 years prove that point.
    The Tea Party is inflexible and not tolerant of any but their own ideas.......when it reaches 100% of the vote in elections then it can claim all ideas must be their-not until.
    How would you sell the Tea Party on Simpson Bowles plan? They will not accept added revenue and Simpson and Bowles both made it clear that you can not just "CUT" your way out of this debt-you have to have new revenue.
    Obama has never said we can not cut-you say I have no facts-Fact....he had a big plan on the table in 2010 for 3 trillion in deficit reduction and it included changes to Medicare, SS and it had cuts to other programs-but it also called for added revunue-Now who was closer to Simpson Bowles Obama or Boehner and the Tea Party?
    I am sorry that so many older people , so many disabled people and so many poor inhabit the US-bring back the factories and the poor will have decent paying jobs, bring back the days when Moms did not have to work and you'll have better raised kids, bring back health care that is affordable to more people and you will not need so much Medicaid-but all those have been systematically dismantled in the name of corporate profits.
    Heres a link just for the heck of it:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/26/op...jobs.html?_r=0
    and another:
    http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_pag...elped_sav.html
    one on Benghazi:
    http://mediamatters.org/research/201...k-and-p/190150
    Last edited by KPM; 03-11-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    Work in Progress!

  5. #25
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post

    Some people - *points to myself* - actually HAVE to rely on SS/Medicare/MediCaid because of being disabled...and I, honestly, HATE that I have to rely on it because it has caused me to miss chances of collecting some Elvis stuff recently that I really wanted but my parents (especially my own mother) thinks collecting Elvis stuff is stupid. It could be worse - I could be out there on the street on drugs instead of wanting just some books to read! There's a couple of books that have been released in the past that I would give my right arm for but, because my financial situation is so screwed up by my own mother handling my money and NOT me, I can't get them.
    Do not feel bad that you have to rely upon these programs-people with disabilities do not ask for them and have to live a limited life because of them...my heart goes out to you my friend.
    My own son was brain damaged at birth and has had a very rough road to hoe in his 30 years...but he was lucky enough to get beyond the prognosis of several doctors....not everyone is that lucky so hang in there.
    Work in Progress!

  6. #26
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    241

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    Gentlemen: I think this thread has been hijacked from its' original intent This began as a question concerning Graceland receiving more tourists than the White House. The recent political comments are worthwhile but I think they would best be served on another subject heading.

  7. #27
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    Was just wandering if the White House has resumed tours yet.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-the-poor.html

  8. #28
    TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I wish Graceland
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Was just wandering if the White House has resumed tours yet.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-the-poor.html
    Still closed.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

    RIP Tommy


  9. #29
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Still closed.
    Doesn't look good does it.

  10. #30
    TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I wish Graceland
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    Eric Bolling on The Five said he would pay for a week and then Sean Hannity said he would pay for a week. Donald Trump said he would pay for the whole year. They were all turned down.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

    RIP Tommy


  11. #31
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    They're still doing the Easter Egg hunt according to the the website.

  12. #32
    TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I wish Graceland
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    They're still doing the Easter Egg hunt according to the the website.
    I never have understood the egg hunt part to Easter. All the Christian holidays turn into a commercial ploy versus what they actually mean.

    The kids can play on the lawn but they will be shot if they try and see Lincolnís bedroom.

    Prediction: They will be given a personal tour of the White House by the Obamaís while the media is still there.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

    RIP Tommy


  13. #33
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I never have understood the egg hunt part to Easter. All the Christian holidays turn into a commercial ploy versus what they actually mean.

    The kids can play on the lawn but they will be shot if they try and see Lincoln’s bedroom.

    Prediction: They will be given a personal tour of the White House by the Obama’s while the media is still there.
    Nostradamus said the exact same thing

  14. #34
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    241

    Re: Can Graceland over take the White House for visitors?

    I last heard that they were going to cancel the Easter Egg Hunt. Maybe they will kill off puppy dogs too and cancel Christmas?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 11:40 AM
  2. Graceland's Celebrity Visitors Through the Years
    By Elvis.com in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 11:30 AM
  3. Replies: 245
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 01:06 AM
  4. Elvis 'Easter Egg' For The White House
    By Brian Quinn in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 07:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •