Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPE is auctioning off Elvis' fur bed. ***?????

EPE is auctioning off Elvis' fur bed. ***?????

I remember seeing this on display when I was last there. Now it's gonna be sold off. I can't believe that EPE is doing this!! What next? His jumpsuits, cars, planes and jungleroom furniture? I could understand if they were broke and losing everything. But they're not and should NOT be auctioning anything personal from the archives in my opinion. EPE continues to stoop to new lows. Yet some want to defend them.

http://www.newstimes.com/business/pr...or-4302168.php
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Re: EPE is auctioning off Elvis' fur bed. ***?????

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I remember seeing this on display when I was last there. Now it's gonna be sold off. I can't believe that EPE is doing this!! What next? His jumpsuits, cars, planes and jungleroom furniture? I could understand if they were broke and losing everything. But they're not and should NOT be auctioning anything personal from the archives in my opinion. EPE continues to stoop to new lows. Yet some want to defend them.

This is not only outrageous, it's scary! Good question Viva - "What next?"
    I'll Remember You!!!

I can't believe they are doing this...like you said Viva...what next?

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Boy, I don't understand that at all. The only thing I wonder are they just trying to create some media buzz since it is for charity. It seems like if they are trying to do that they could have given away some trips to Graceland or something.

I hope this is not something we are going to see more of.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Cadillac King

Surely they could just make a donation to the charity....not sell Elvis' possessions.

Backstage Pass

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyJackson View Post
    Surely they could just make a donation to the charity....not sell Elvis' possessions.
    I wonder if Priscilla's line of furniture will be there??

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

I can´t believe it! How can they do that?

When did you actually last see it? Be fair, it's for charity and to be perfectly honest if I had a lump sum to waste and the space, I'd probably buy it. Before anyone wishes to slaughter me like a pig, it's just a piece of furniture, no one is using it and the publicity that it is sure to get will make that auction go well hopefully. That said, I wouldn't want to see this become a regular occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    When did you actually last see it? Be fair, it's for charity and to be perfectly honest if I had a lump sum to waste and the space, I'd probably buy it. Before anyone wishes to slaughter me like a pig, it's just a piece of furniture, no one is using it and the publicity that it is sure to get will make that auction go well hopefully. That said, I wouldn't want to see this become a regular occurrence.
    OH NOOOOOOOO!!!

You know Elvis would give away anything for charity, except Graceland or the pink caddy.

RIP Tommy

The story says its for an HIV organization that helps train and get employed people with HIV...so its not like EPE is doing it for "The money" its for a good cause.

......To celebrate the opening of the Second Annual Winter Designer Fine Furniture Sale in New York, the auctioning of Elvis Presley’s white fur bed from Graceland will take place benefiting Alpha Workshops.; the nation’s only non-profit organization providing creative HIV-positive individuals with training and employment in the decorative arts.

Read more: http://www.newstimes.com/business/pr...#ixzz2LwpRXDT1
    Lisa Marie Presley owns all of Elvis' personal property-no one told Elvis what to do with his personal property-NO one-Elvis gave to others freely and loved doing it....IMO Elvis would want Lisa to have that same freedom because he left it all to her.
    I do not see this as a bad thing-it will help someone-Elvis would be proud.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    The story says its for an HIV organization that helps train and get employed people with HIV...so its not like EPE is doing it for "The money" its for a good cause.

......To celebrate the opening of the Second Annual Winter Designer Fine Furniture Sale in New York, the auctioning of Elvis Presley’s white fur bed from Graceland will take place benefiting Alpha Workshops.; the nation’s only non-profit organization providing creative HIV-positive individuals with training and employment in the decorative arts.

Lisa Marie Presley owns all of Elvis' personal property-no one told Elvis what to do with his personal property-NO one-Elvis gave to others freely and loved doing it....IMO Elvis would want Lisa to have that same freedom because he left it all to her.
    I totally disagree.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Backstage Pass

I totally disagree.
    I agree vivaelvis, bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post

Changed my mind in view of what you said...Elvis would be proud if it was sold to help someone.

I totally disagree.
    With which part?
    That Elvis was generous?
    That Elvis left his personal property to Lisa to do with what she wanted?
    That Elvis helped people and charities?
    That Elvis would want Lisa to continue to help people and charities?
    I am pretty sure all of those items are solid fact, and that was my point-Lisa is continuing on with a tradition which her father began as soon as he had money (and even before according to some) helping others........how Lisa can be faulted for that is beyond me?
    Work in Progress!

We all know Elvis gave things away right and left so what is the difference if Lisa now does it?

TCB Mafia

Marty Lacker sent a message to the Elvis Information Network website.

He said the bed being put up for auction wasn't Elvis' bed it was Lisa's.

So the few of you who are upset about EPE selling off Elvis' personal belongings can calm down because they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

So the few of you who are upset about EPE selling off Elvis' personal belongings can calm down because they aren't.
    Thanks for that info.
    To be fair even if it was Elvis's bed-EPE is not selling it off for more profit for EPE-it is donating the bed for to be auctioned for a "charitable cause"
    it is not like they are just trying to make a quick buck for profit.
    For those who want to paint EPE as "VILLAIN" its just wrong in this context.
    The undeniable fact is Lisa can do whatever she wants with her own property-and that includes her fathers personal things left to her by her dad. I do not see her just selling off things to make a buck but I can see her doing things like this when she sees a need and wants to help.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Yes, That's true.

Also the truth is it wouldn't make sense for Lisa to start selling off Elvis' belonging's at this time.

She primarily makes her money off tourists coming to Graceland to see her father's things.

Only when Lisa decides to close down Graceland would it make sense for her to start to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Thanks for the info. I was thinking when I first read about this, I remembered that Lisa had a fur bed but I thought maybe Elvis had one too.

RIP Tommy

The bedrooms at Graceland are supposedly empty and not open to the public so that part of it doesn't matter. I don't mind if the fur bed was up for auction (this one is Lisa's apparently) but I think it would bother me if his last bed was going to be sold. I agree with giving some things for charity but don't overdo it!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast