Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EPE is auctioning off Elvis' fur bed. ***?????

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Re: EPE is auctioning off Elvis' fur bed. ***?????

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    The bedrooms at Graceland are supposedly empty and not open to the public so that part of it doesn't matter. I don't mind if the fur bed was up for auction (this one is Lisa's apparently) but I think it would bother me if his last bed was going to be sold. I agree with giving some things for charity but don't overdo it!!!!
    I think that Elvis' bedroom is the same as the day he died. I have heard Lisa talk about going up there and just looking at things. I wouldn't be surprised if she has slept in his room as well. Now I know that things in her room and his office have appeared in some of the exhibits so those are not the same.

I wish they would build a replica of what the upstairs looks like on the "new property". They could make the whole upstairs without having any of Elvis' personal items on display. I would like to just to be able to walk through "his bedroom and bathroom" and walk around like you were upstairs at Graceland. They could make replicas of his desk, bed, curtains, TV’s, ect. They wouldn't need to be actual Elvis items for me to enjoy myself.

I have always wondered how they got his 9X9 bed into his bedroom anyway. That is to big to go thru most double doors and even Elvis' double doors.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I think that Elvis' bedroom is the same as the day he died. I have heard Lisa talk about going up there and just looking at things. I wouldn't be surprised if she has slept in his room as well. Now I know that things in her room and his office have appeared in some of the exhibits so those are not the same.

I wish they would build a replica of what the upstairs looks like on the "new property". They could make the whole upstairs without having any of Elvis' personal items on display. I would like to just to be able to walk through "his bedroom and bathroom" and walk around like you were upstairs at Graceland. They could make replicas of his desk, bed, curtains, TV’s, ect. They wouldn't need to be actual Elvis items for me to enjoy myself.

I have always wondered how they got his 9X9 bed into his bedroom anyway. That is to big to go thru most double doors and even Elvis' double doors.

My bed is a superking sleigh, it came in 4 pieces excluding the slats. That is how it got into my house and up the stairs

Our bed is a regular standard double bed-I did handmake the bookcase headboard myself...so if I wanted to sell it at auction I'll bet I could get at least ?????? $50 bucks for it
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Our bed is a regular standard double bed-I did handmake the bookcase headboard myself...so if I wanted to sell it at auction I'll bet I could get at least ?????? $50 bucks for it
    That's actually pretty cool Ken

That is pretty cool. We have a bookcase headboard on a queen bed but got it through Fingerhut lol. My sister also has one but theirs is "real" wood, ours is partially pressed wood which I hate but couldn't find one like hers. Hers will last forever, ours won't lol.

TCB Mafia

Again, some drama queen goes bat shit crazy without gathering all the facts.

TCB Mafia

My bed is usually the couch. Just ask my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    My bed is usually the couch. Just ask my wife.
    I have occasionally also spent a night or two on the couch in the last 40 years.
    Work in Progress!

The bed wasn't Elvis'. But the people that are promoting the auction are claiming that it was. That is false advertisement and could result in serious lawsuits once the bidding is over, if they do not correct the information that it was NOT Elvis' but was his daughter's as a child. That is fraud.

The bed up for auction that was once on display at Graceland "as Elvis' bed". EPE lied to the fans by claiming that.

The actual bed that was Elvis' but not on display. From my understanding, it is still located up stairs in his master bedroom.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post

The actual bed that was Elvis' but not on display. From my understanding, it is still located up stairs in his master bedroom.
    You can see the impression where Elvis slept most likely. It's funny how we all tend to sleep in the same place on a mattress every night, even the king.

You can even see the mirrors on the wall in the picture....bow chikka wow wow.

RIP Tommy

TCB Mafia

"The bed wasn't Elvis'. But the people that are promoting the auction are claiming that it was. That is false advertisement and could result in serious lawsuits once the bidding is over, if they do not correct the information that it was NOT Elvis' but was his daughter's as a child. That is fraud."

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

If Elvis owned the bed, it was his, whether he slept in it or not.

You try too hard. Relax.

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    "The bed wasn't Elvis'. But the people that are promoting the auction are claiming that it was. That is false advertisement and could result in serious lawsuits once the bidding is over, if they do not correct the information that it was NOT Elvis' but was his daughter's as a child. That is fraud."

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

If Elvis owned the bed, it was his, whether he slept in it or not.

You try too hard. Relax.

I agree, anything I buy, I consider it still mine, no matter who uses it.

The bed that is going to be auctioned off doesn't look like the one shown in "This is Elvis", the one that was in Lisa's room and was hers. Can't remember where I read it, but I know Elvis had a bed like this one in his dressing room at Graceland, so it could be really his and not the one in Lisa's room. I think someone gave it to him as a present.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    The bed that is going to be auctioned off doesn't look like the one shown in "This is Elvis", the one that was in Lisa's room and was hers. Can't remember where I read it, but I know Elvis had a bed like this one in his dressing room at Graceland, so it could be really his and not the one in Lisa's room. I think someone gave it to him as a present.
    That is what I have heard before too. But I know Marty Lacker has said Elvis didn't have one, it was Lisa's. Maybe over time there were two purchased and one was tossed away.

RIP Tommy

The bed doesn't look like something Elvis would like-its too feminine looking.
    Work in Progress!

Backstage Pass

Unknown fact. Billy's mother was given a red round furry bed by Elvis. Don't know who owned it before her. Don't know what happened to it after she died.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12