Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think? Will Elvis be forgotten like this article says?

Re: What do you think? Will Elvis be forgotten like this article says?

I don't even know how some people can doubt that Elvis will ever be forgotten. He isn't (wasn't) just any other star. Elvis Presley was a phenomenon. Something that comes up maybe every 200 years (if). He will never be forgotten.

IS Elvis fading?

According to someone who was there. Katy Perry at the Grammy's said Elvis is "next to God". And they played A Little Less Conversation during the commercial breaks at the Staples Center in LA. It was posted on Elvis.com's podcast Thursday.

Katy is one of THE top superstars in music today!

I think the appropriate question is, will The Beatles or Michael Jackson be forgotten in 50 years? Most likely yes. Those acts were great and historical, but limited. Whereas Elvis's God-like image and sex appeal alone will be a driving force for generations to come. Only an ***** or an Elvis hater would think otherwise.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kathy parkinson View Post
    Well................I am one of the original fans,if i am still here in 20 years,which i pray i am,and if this site is still here,which i hope it is,then i will post and say not ALL of us have gone.
    I hope you are too!!
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    That makes two of us who want to be here in 20 years I wish us both good health and luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Doubtful that I will be here in twenty years but the younger fans can take it from there.
    I hope both of you. Keep moving is one of the keys.

RIP Tommy

Why thank you.

I wish you good health,and luck too.

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    What do you think about this article? Do you think Elvis will be forgotten in 15 or 20 years?

I'm one of these fans that were not born until after Elvis died. The times I have been to Graceland I see a huge mix of people young, old and many nationalities.

http://technorati.com/social-media/a...ver-to-rename/

The article rings true to me, the author is correct. There are too many people who don't generally care. With the author's example of today's world, the romance, with Elvis' songs being the example, is gone from the feel of most lyrics, now Americanised in the new Reality TV, driven by money, culture, that a lot of people seem to accept, run by the chosen few.

Gone are the days of family first and loving thy neighbour and friends. Some go out, sit over their phones and ignore each other for a start and not think about how our lives are being run, or attempted to be run, by social media and the powers that be who love being Big Brother.

People need to take a page out of the Romantic Cultures and get back to what matters. Engaging in each other, totally, and caring, not just for ourselves, but those around us, including the animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    The article rings true to me, the author is correct. There are too many people who don't generally care. With the author's example of today's world, the romance, with Elvis' songs being the example, is gone from the feel of most lyrics, now Americanised in the new Reality TV, driven by money, culture, that a lot of people seem to accept, run by the chosen few.

Gone are the days of family first and loving thy neighbour and friends. Some go out, sit over their phones and ignore each other for a start and not think about how our lives are being run, or attempted to be run, by social media and the powers that be who love being Big Brother.

People need to take a page out of the Romantic Cultures and get back to what matters. Engaging in each other, totally, and caring, not just for ourselves, but those around us, including the animals.
    I know in Middle America go to any young persons wedding-and romance seems to be embraced by those in attendance...go to the reception and you still hear "Can't Help Falling In Love", or "Love Me Tender" among many other romantic old and new love songs being played by the DJ or by the local band playing the reception.
    Perhaps newer music does not seem to be romantic in hip hop. rap etc...but listen to country songs that many love-its certainly still a romantic feel.
    Urban music may have lost romance-but not the heart of the US IMO
    In my household Family is always first-same with my 20 something children I hope we are not the exceptions...its a dire scenario if we are.
    Work in Progress!

So this article is speculating that Elvis may be forgotten because the internet and social media have become so big?

I don't get that logic.

Surely the fact that so many millions of people use the internet so much would mean that Elvis' music, films and videos are more readily accessible to anyone than ever before?

[QUOTE=JRtherealJR;420232]So this article is speculating that Elvis may be forgotten because the internet and social media have become so big?

I don't get that logic.

Surely the fact that so many millions of people use the internet so much would mean that Elvis' music, films and videos are more readily accessible to anyone than ever before?[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it's how I found this place, got to know about the Elvis in Concert tours and pretty much loads of other stuff.

I hope both of you. Keep moving is one of the keys.
    Thank you. You are so right about keep moving, I sure feel the difference if I don't. I still believe and always will that Elvis will be there for a lot of people for many years to come and that his name will be in the historical books as well as the artist who changed the history of music.

Here's more proof that Elvis is NOT fading and is still relevant in the pop music world.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ido...allen-6-422024
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

I've never heard of that guy Viva.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    I've never heard of that guy Viva.
    He is one of the American Idol (can't remember if he won) but he has not had a lot of success.

RIP Tommy

He is one of the American Idol (can't remember if he won) but he has not had a lot of success.
    Well then that's why I don't know him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    I don't even know how some people can doubt that Elvis will ever be forgotten. He isn't (wasn't) just any other star. Elvis Presley was a phenomenon. Something that comes up maybe every 200 years (if). He will never be forgotten.

excellent.....very succulently put
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Well then that's why I don't know him.
    Jen........who's that in your avatar?.........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post

Thank you Kajo, I always emphasize ... ELVIS is not an artist, He is PHENOMENON!!!!
    I'll Remember You!!!

TCB Mafia

Thumbs down Re: What do you think? Will Elvis be forgotten like this article says?

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I think the appropriate question is, will The Beatles or Michael Jackson be forgotten in 50 years? Most likely yes. Those acts were great and historical, but limited.
    oh geez VivaElvis.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    oh geez VivaElvis.
    Count to ten Brian.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast