Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video:Michael Jackson Stole/Copied/"Pays Tribute To(Cough Cough)" ELVIS' TIPTOE MOVE

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Re: Video:Michael Jackson Stole/Copied/"Pays Tribute To(Cough Cough)" ELVIS' TIPTOE M

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Well I can tell you that a few years back there were 4 RCA warehouses which stored financial records for many things, but among them was Elvis Presley sales records.
    These records were found after they began cleaning those warehouses out so they could be torn down to make way for a major building.. I believe this was in Boston....and those records drew a lot of attention because RCA had not known they were there..so it has been slowly going thru those records (naturally its not a top priority for them) thats how a few years back songs like Thats Allright Mama ended up with Gold status.
    Record labels in the old days were notorious for keeping true sales figures from their artists-Colonel Parker being the money sniffer he was tried to keep his own tallies-but not all the sales made its way to his desk either.
    I will try to find that article again to post a link.
    I would like to read that.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Re: Video:Michael Jackson Stole/Copied/"Pays Tribute To(Cough Cough)" ELVIS' TIPTOE M

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I would like to read that.
    That story goes back to when I first got a computer in my home-2001....I have tried to find it since then with no success but I will keep trying in my spare time to locate it. I am sure it was on the net as I recall it was a news item with a link to the story on my AOL homepage at the time.
    Work in Progress!

Ken is right.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

"Regarding dance moves of Elvis, there is certain footwork that he does where without a doubt, dance has evolved from. It's obviously not the same, but I see it"
    AGREE, Jen
    I'll Remember You!!!

Back to the two photos of Elvis and Michael....I find that the posture of Elvis on his toes leaning backward had to be a lot more difficult to hold without losing his balance than Michael leaning forward to do it...anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Back to the two photos of Elvis and Michael....I find that the posture of Elvis on his toes leaning backward had to be a lot more difficult to hold without losing his balance than Michael leaning forward to do it...anyone agree?
    And notice that Michael was wearing the white socks too, just like Elvis did in Jailhouse Rock.

Nice drawing Evi!!

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I would say both are difficult to do....

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Regarding dance moves of Elvis, there is certain footwork that he does where without a doubt, dance has evolved from. It's obviously not the same, but I see it.
    And not only footwork. As this new video shows, Jacko stole some of Elvis' hand gestures too:

That is pretty funny JR, there are people who claim MJ stole the moonwalk and was taught by Bruno Falcon. Whatever the case, MJ has been inspired by those before him.

The Moonwalk was definitely not totally original-similar steps go back to the 1930s-by artists like Cab Calloway.
    Even Dean Martins uncle, Leonard Barr in his act (which goes back to vaudeville) did "eccentric dancing" and he had a moving forward but back dance also.
    MJ made a huge splash with it and did it perfectly but did not actually create it out of thin air.
    Its just the way of the world, everyone in his chosen line of work ends up being touched and influenced by others before them.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    The Moonwalk was definitely not totally original-similar steps go back to the 1930s-by artists like Cab Calloway.
    Even Dean Martins uncle, Leonard Barr in his act (which goes back to vaudeville) did "eccentric dancing" and he had a moving forward but back dance also.
    MJ made a huge splash with it and did it perfectly but did not actually create it out of thin air.
    Its just the way of the world, everyone in his chosen line of work ends up being touched and influenced by others before them.
    You are correct about Cab Calloway, watch any clips of him and others and you will see how much of an influence they've had on hip hop culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    You are correct about Cab Calloway, watch any clips of him and others and you will see how much of an influence they've had on hip hop culture.
    Everybody had their influences and then they add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post
    Everybody had their influences and then they add to it.
    You are correct, they observe and put their own spin to it. Elvis did the same with his cover songs.

Yes!

Michael also wore a gold belt that was very similar to the one that Elvis was given by the LV Hilton for him setting attendance records in Vegas. And check out this Jackson belt worn during his Bad tour. Notice the eagle wings and the shape and size of the belt.

A prince trying to emulate the king.....although MJ may never have acknowledged EP's influence....lets keep it real....who didnt EP influence direct or inderect...as for record sales EP at the time achieved more than anyone could now...a true comparison can not be made...will there be anybody now who comes and breaks the boundaries(social and economic) that he did I dont think so...rest in peace MJ...but EP ALWAYS and God Bless.

LOVE TIS PICTURE!
    Smilertcb - ELVIS ALWAYS and God Bless !!!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12