Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video:Michael Jackson Stole/Copied/"Pays Tribute To(Cough Cough)" ELVIS' TIPTOE MOVE

Video:Michael Jackson Stole/Copied/"Pays Tribute To(Cough Cough)" ELVIS' TIPTOE MOVE

Re: Video:Michael Jackson Stole/Copied/"Pays Tribute To(Cough Cough)" ELVIS' TIPTOE M

That's a terrible cough JR, MJ lost his balance slightly but styled it out.

Re: Video:Michael Jackson Stole/Copied/"Pays Tribute To(Cough Cough)" ELVIS' TIPTOE M

Elvis did it over and over again.......THE King at work

The man was soooooo cool
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I like this. It pretty much shows how Jackson did rip Elvis off, yet many blacks say Elvis ripped them off.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

I really do not see either ripping off anyone, people in all walks of life are influenced by others...Elvis was influenced by many differing styles and artists...he acknowledged that...MJ was also influenced by many styles and artists...but he may not have credited them all along the way...such as Elvis.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I really do not see either ripping off anyone, people in all walks of life are influenced by others...Elvis was influenced by many differing styles and artists...he acknowledged that...MJ was also influenced by many styles and artists...but he may not have credited them all along the way...such as Elvis.
    Don't be naive. It's so apparent that Jackson got the toe standing move from Elvis. Even EPE has used Elvis' stance as an iconic symbol of his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Don't be naive. It's so apparent that Jackson got the toe standing move from Elvis. Even EPE has used Elvis' stance as an iconic symbol of his legacy.
    Now Viva I am not naive If you want to think MJ stole from Elvis fine.
    It is not fair to call Elvis a thief for his influences and visa versa for MJ.
    I point out that Elvis acknowledged his influences and MJ, perhaps, left a few out (such as Elvis) I wish MJ had felt free enough to say he did get a few things from Elvis-but he just could not do so.
    Work in Progress!

Now Viva I am not naive If you want to think MJ stole from Elvis fine.
    It is not fair to call Elvis a thief for his influences and visa versa for MJ.
    I point out that Elvis acknowledged his influences and MJ, perhaps, left a few out (such as Elvis) I wish MJ had felt free enough to say he did get a few things from Elvis-but he just could not do so.
    Michael Jackson's ego was so enlarged it was bigger than China. He claimed while alive that he was bigger than Elvis and had outsold him AND The Beatles combined. Neither claim was true and proved to be false. His record sales are said to be only around 400 million at the most, as of today, which jumped once he died. So his claim was so far off it wasn't funny. Elvis, meanwhile is credited, not said, for selling OVER 1 BILLION RECORDS WORLDWIDE!!!! Even David Letterman pointed this out on his show during Elvis Week last week.

TCB Mafia

It's not true about Elvis selling 1 billion records.

I don't care who says it or repeats it.

Yes, Michael Jackson and his people would lie about his record sales.

Yes, Michael Jackson was somewhat influenced by Elvis but never admitted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

The claim began as far back as the early 90's when RCA and BMG upgraded all of his record sales and presented the award plaques to Graceland for the remodeled racquetball court building. So if it was claimed back then, it has most likely reached the billion mark by now.

I would have to disagree about the billion records.....when all the singles, albums, eps, cassettes, 8 tracks, reel to reels and cds are combined worldwide... a very convincing case can be made. The record sales in the first 2 years after Elvis died were huge-and not well documented.
    RCA contracted several plants from other labels to produce product for months...estimated sales of 200 million in those 2 years alone.
    In the 80s a billion in sales was claimed-and I had my doubts-but not today.
    400 million in total units sold in the US can be documented, the case can be made with much more authority, research and evidence at this link:
    http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/one_...rd_sales.shtml
    Last edited by KPM; 02-11-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    Work in Progress!

I would have to disagree about the billion records.....when all the singles, albums, eps, cassettes, 8 tracks, reel to reels and cds are combined worldwide... a very convincing case can be made. The record sales in the first 2 years after Elvis died were huge-and not well documented.
    RCA contracted several plants from other labels to produce product for months...estimated sales of 200 million in those 2 years alone.
    In the 80s a billion in sales was claimed-and I had my doubts-but not today.
    Muc
    The case can be made with much more authority, research and evidence at this link:
    http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/one_...rd_sales.shtml
    Totally agree! Plus the biggest hits of Elvis' career (Hearbtreak Hotel, Hound Dog, Don't Be Cruel, Love Me Tender, Too Much, Love Me, All Shook Up, Jailhouse Rock, etc) are not even accounted for in the total sales.

TCB Mafia

The 1 billion sales claim includes single sales.

Without single sales the 1 billion sales claim would be even more ridiculous.

Regarding dance moves of Elvis, there is certain footwork that he does where without a doubt, dance has evolved from. It's obviously not the same, but I see it.

Exactly never said any different... singles were records-and they were sold worldwide.......during the period between the 30s into the early 80s single sales were the purpose and goal for artists....album sales were secondary.
    So Elvis today in 2013 is the number one US solo album seller according to the RIAA "even though while he was alive album sales was not the goal"
    which makes his accomplishment even more amazing.
    If you add all the uncertified totals for albums in the US he would quite probably be top album seller of all catagories even ahead of the Beatles.
    I stress that uncertified does not negate a legit sale of an album-since Elvis has somewhere near 450 differing releases and repackaged releases over the last years there are many sales not in his album totals, which the article I gave a link to shows.
    I still feel that there should be some way to get a better accounting of real legitimate sales that are not at certified levels.
    If an artist has 10 albums that are at 499,999-thats nearly 5 million album sales not accounted for in their total-a crime of inaccuracy IMO
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

My post about single sales being counted was a reponse to something Viva Elvis said in his last post.

My post about single sales being counted was a reponse to something Viva Elvis said in his last post.
    No problem my friend.
    Work in Progress!

Not all of the early record sales are accounted for.

TCB Mafia

What exactly is missing from his early record sales?

I'm afraid Elvis' early record sales are about as a accounted for as they are going get.

What exactly is missing from his early record sales?

I'm afraid Elvis' early record sales are about as a accounted for as they are going get.
    Well I can tell you that a few years back there were 4 RCA warehouses which stored financial records for many things, but among them was Elvis Presley sales records.
    These records were found after they began cleaning those warehouses out so they could be torn down to make way for a major building.. I believe this was in Boston....and those records drew a lot of attention because RCA had not known they were there..so it has been slowly going thru those records (naturally its not a top priority for them) thats how a few years back songs like Thats Allright Mama ended up with Gold status.
    Record labels in the old days were notorious for keeping true sales figures from their artists-Colonel Parker being the money sniffer he was tried to keep his own tallies-but not all the sales made its way to his desk either.
    I will try to find that article again to post a link.
    Work in Progress!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast