Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Only One Child?

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Why Only One Child?

Why didn't Elvis have more children? Do you think if Elvis had more children it would have made a difference to his marriage and his life?

Why didn't Elvis have a child with Linda, he was with her for 5 years? Did Elvis not believe in having children before marriage?

Re: Why Only One Child?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Why didn't Elvis have more children? Do you think if Elvis had more children it would have made a difference to his marriage and his life?

Why didn't Elvis have a child with Linda, he was with her for 5 years? Did Elvis not believe in having children before marriage?
    Priscilla has said many times that Elvis never made love to her again after Lisa was born. Priscilla said Elvis told her he could'nt make love to a woman once she was a mother and that has been said by members of the memphis mafia aswell. So that would have made it pretty hard to have a big family or had a succesful relationship or family life with any woman.

TCB Mafia

Priscilla has changed her story on that.

Back in 2005 while promoting Elvis by the Presley's she said they did have sex sometimes after Lisa was born.

Elvis did date women that had children and didn't seem to have a problem with them.

I've just finished reading Baby Lets Play House and i think three of the women he was dating and sleeping that had children. Susan Heenning was one. I don's know why he didn't have children with Linda, maybe Linda wasn't ready for children. Maybe Elvis wasn't ready for more children. I do think he may have prefered to be married when he decided to have more children.

Joyce Bova did have an abortion, that she didn't tell Elvis about. It's a very complex question and one i guess only Elvis and the women he was with can answer.

Priscilla has she said they did have sex sometimes after Lisa was born just not often.
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

could be a case of 'one bitten, twice shy'

....or he realised he didn't have the lifestyle that was conducive to a family
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Some good points, I think had Elvis had another child living at Graceland he might of had a realization that his lifestyle choices would impact those around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Some good points, I think had Elvis had another child living at Graceland he might of had a realization that his lifestyle choices would impact those around him.
    I believe he wasn't ready to get married and have a daugther back in '67. He still had a lot going on inside, and as much as he loved Lisa and Cilla, he wasn't willing at all for a change, if had calmed down a bit around '65, after the heavy partying life style from the early 60's hollywood days, the religious phase and the country life style at G-ranch , had more to do with boredom, frustration, and nothing more exiting to do, than really about gettin over with his super star life style, it was all about escapism, and I'm afraid marriage was part of him running away. He was only 32, still full of energy, and after the comeback special (an unexpected change of luck) he was aiming not only for a career comeback, but to the old rock and roll life style he had left behind. But then, there was really no place for a wife and a little baby there. In fact I believe having a family, if its true made him happy, I believe it also make him feel like being pulled back.

If he had left behind Cillla before gettin' married, and married someone else later in the mid 70's, he might have been more mature and wise to realize it was time for a "Change of Habit" and build a more healthy family oriented life style or else...
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 01-21-2013 at 12:21 PM.

There are people who believe he fathered more children anyway, quite plausible considering but nothing I've ever seriously contemplated. I also don't think he'd have married again either. If a relationship or marriage is in trouble, a baby isn't going to fix it, it just stretches out the inevitable. I have doubts that Linda would've wanted to look after two babies at that point.

if Linda had a baby, she'd have to 'stay home'......and not be able to keep her eye on him too
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

TCB Mafia

I believe that it's quite clear that Elvis didn't have any illegitimate children.

Because think about if you really had a real relationship with Elvis Presley and got pregnant with his child you'd confront him about it and try to get in his will while he was still alive.

I don't think Elvis had a lot of one night stands and he kept in touch with many of the women that he dated.

Not a single legitimate claim has ever been made 36 years after his death.

Anyway Jumpsuit Junkie is obviously talking about legitimate children that Elvis would have contact with.

Linda has said that she wanted to get married in the beginning but Elvis was still legally married at the time.

When Elvis got divorced Linda believed that the lifestyle he had was not best to have a family and to raise children.

That includes Elvis staying up all night and sleeping all day, touring and prescription drug use.

Linda has said that she didn't want to have kids and then leave them to go on tour with Elvis and she didn't want to by apart from him should they get married and have a family.

I got the impression that Linda wanted marriage and kids more than Elvis did.

I don't think it would have made any difference whatsoever.

I think Elvis was quite happy with Lisa and since he didn't plan to get married again, the subject never really crossed his mind.

dont you think with Elvis touring so much it prevented him to have a baby ?? yes he made love but maybe he used condoms etc .. you know what i am saying... ? i think his drugs consumptions had a lot to do with his ability to have more children.. I am not saying Elvis was not the man - man enough, its just LOTS of psychology to it to really have another children, and seems like from many books out there , it sounds like Elvis not really share of how much he wanted to have another child after Lisa, well oh well .. who knows my 2 cent .

Probably thought....I have years to have other kids......
    Work in Progress!

Sometimes one kid is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Sometimes one kid is enough.
    now there's a novel idea

Backstage Pass

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    now there's a novel idea
    Elvis loved kids and wanted more. He was complicated though,,,sure didn't seem to want to change his ways and have a healthy relationship with the women he would have them with. (his wife) "Rumor" has it that Cilla was preg. again and did not have the child and he was devastated. Remember she told the secretary there was no way she would have another baby with Elvis.

[QUOTE=LaurieT;419780]Elvis loved kids and wanted more. He was complicated though,,,sure didn't seem to want to change his ways and have a healthy relationship with the women he would have them with. (his wife) "Rumor" has it that Cilla was preg. again and did not have the child and he was devastated. Remember she told the secretary there was no way she would have another baby with Elvis.[/QUOTE]

Class act!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I think Elvis was quite happy with Lisa and since he didn't plan to get married again, the subject never really crossed his mind.
    Completely agree with you Diane.

TCB Mafia

I have never heard anything about Priscilla becoming pregnant again by Elvis.

I think Priscilla would have mentioned something like that if that were true.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I have never heard anything about Priscilla becoming pregnant again by Elvis.

I think Priscilla would have mentioned something like that if that were true.
    She did, she told the secretary apparently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast