Thread: Elvis Monologue ?

Elvis Monologue ?

Wondered what your thoughts were on those 69 Monologues , i must admit some of the early ones are quite funny, "bunch o squirrels" "funky angels" etc, and his thoughts on the way he was treated is quite a revelation. Would u still listen to em or skip past em now ? if the audio is top notch i tend to still listen as they still make me smile, now and again ..........

Re: Elvis Monologue ?

I love these monologues, I think he showed another side from himself when he talked to the audience. I think he found it important to share his feelings with them. And I like his speaking voice too.

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

that are funny, and interesting to hear 'the Man himself' talk about his thoughts and feelings........I wouldn't want to hear the monologues every time i listened to a 69 concert though
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I loved it when Elvis spoke to the audiences too. I would never skip over them.

Agree with all the comments. Monologues help to learn a lot about his soul, mind. Besides, it's just other way to listen to his awesome voice.

i never skip the monolouges, love hearing them
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

Yeah, love the way he says 'Memphus' , like really loose.. And those absolutely random lines interrupting his own monologue like: 'What is it, a ghost??? Oh, no, it's just smoke...' . Like what??? He was really rambling around and bursting with energy in this period, bouncing among subjects. Love to hear that. Same with the 'wooleyboogers' or whatevers
    Poke a little sock salad...

Quote Originally Posted by cibetty View Post
    I love these monologues, I think he showed another side from himself when he talked to the audience. I think he found it important to share his feelings with them. And I like his speaking voice too.
    Definitely agree with you Betti!

Yep. those 'wooleyboogers' just kill me !

Quote Originally Posted by dennyelvis View Post
    Wondered what your thoughts were on those 69 Monologues , i must admit some of the early ones are quite funny, "bunch o squirrels" "funky angels" etc, and his thoughts on the way he was treated is quite a revelation. Would u still listen to em or skip past em now ? if the audio is top notch i tend to still listen as they still make me smile, now and again ..........
    They are interesting to hear, but most of the time I do skip to the music, but I do that with other artists "interludes" as well.

I loved Elvis and his frank and at times "oblique" sense of humor...he could be very funny...I listen.
    Work in Progress!

I think if for no other reason than the sake of history these monologues are priceless. Sometimes I notice how nervous, anxious, or even bored ( not really in 69' though) he might be and often it is the stuff he only alludes to that is most interesting.
    "Music is the voice that tells the human race it is greater than it knows" -Napoleon Bonaparte