Thread: What would you do with $500 million?

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

What would you do with $500 million?

The Powerball here in the states is at a record $500 million dollars. What would you do with that much money?

Here are some of the things I would do....

1. I would help my family out and myself of course.
    2. I would take family and friends all expense paid trip to Hawaii, I love it there.
    3. While in Hawaii I would buy a vacation home.
    4. I would of course give money to charities, local and worldwide.
    5. I'm a big dog lover and would love to buy the local police departments in my area bullet proof vest for the police dogs. A lot of departments can not afford the vests. I think they cost around $3,000 a piece.

Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Re: What would you do with $500 million?

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    The Powerball here in the states is at a record $500 million dollars. What would you do with that much money?

Here are some of the things I would do....

1. I would help my family out and myself of course.
    2. I would take family and friends all expense paid trip to Hawaii, I love it there.
    3. While in Hawaii I would buy a vacation home.
    4. I would of course give money to charities, local and worldwide.
    5. I'm a big dog lover and would love to buy the local police departments in my area bullet proof vest for the police dogs. A lot of departments can not afford the vests. I think they cost around $3,000 a piece.
    Pah, $500 million dollars is small change for me That kind of money is life changing and sometimes not for the better, but I've often thought about winning big and how I'd distribute the wealth and I know from experience (not mine) to keep it a secret.

I would obviously tell my immediate family with the condition that it not be shared with anyone who isn't blood, I know that seems harsh but money changes people. So without further ado, here's what I'd do.

1. Take care of my familys mortgages and bills so they have a clean slate.
    2. Put money into trust funds for my nieces and nephews and of course my own kids.
    3. Give lump sums to my parents, brothers and in-laws.
    4. Have a solicitor draft anonymous cheques to my closest friends.
    5. Give to childrens charities, hospitals and local schools.
    6. Help the elderly, homeless and animal charities.
    7. Buy some gold bars and then buy some more.
    8. Get an English butler.

The possibilities are endless, but the main thing I would do is keep it low key, stay out of the limelight and try and do as much good with it as possible without any recognition.

Yes, I agree Jen about keeping it low key. I would probably hire a lawyer to pick up my check so I could try to stay incognito. But the problem with that much money is the media wants to know who won it, so it would be a little more difficult to keep quiet.

I think some of the things I would do also is invest in some what conservative investments. I would also maybe set it up so that I only get so much money a month. That would help me not blow all the money (which I don't think I would do anyway) but also keep family from begging me for money.

I think it would be fun to play "Elvis" too. I would love to go up to total strangers that are down on their luck or looking at cars and buy them some Cadillac’s...ha. I have always liked giving someone a gift more than receiving one. I love the look of surprise on someone's face.

I will give you a couple thousand Jen for Christmas……sound good.

RIP Tommy

Yes, I agree Jen about keeping it low key. I would probably hire a lawyer to pick up my check so I could try to stay incognito. But the problem with that much money is the media wants to know who won it, so it would be a little more difficult to keep quiet.

I think some of the things I would do also is invest in some what conservative investments. I would also maybe set it up so that I only get so much money a month. That would help me not blow all the money (which I don't think I would do anyway) but also keep family from begging me for money.

I think it would be fun to play "Elvis" too. I would love to go up to total strangers that are down on their luck or looking at cars and buy them some Cadillac’s...ha. I have always liked giving someone a gift more than receiving one. I love the look of surprise on someone's face.

I will give you a couple thousand Jen for Christmas……sound good.
    Sounds splendid Chris, if one morning you find an English butler at your door with a case of gold, well it'll be from an anonymous wellwisher

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Sounds splendid Chris, if one morning you find an English butler at your door with a case of gold, well it'll be from an anonymous wellwisher
    Ok I will take this one.....

RIP Tommy

Ok I will take this one.....

Totally wasn't expecting that, cracked me up ya cheeky bugger

help my parents buy a house for my mother and one for me and help some part of my family

Get another little chihuahua, a playmate for my little Kika. Would help my parents, buy a house, a Harley and carry on living on it. Of course I would carry on doing my job nevertheless.

Yes, I echo that Kajo. I would keep on working as well.
    My object of desire is a house of high quality for my cute little butt to reside in. It should be warm, spacious and quiet - so that reading or storing a book can in fact be useful.
    If it's that much money, I'd have a fitness studio installed for my cute little butt to become more muscular and firm.
    If I have anything left, I'd probably try to do something useful with interest rate and help some people dear to me.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

My wife and I are very lowkey-our house is paid for so are our cars...but I would probably buy a larger house with more ground, and a couple of new cars....help out my relatives (perhaps $200 thousand a piece to about 30 of them) set up trusts for my kids, my wife and myself and then donate the bulk of it to help people get educations who can not afford college. We live pretty simply-and except for few luxury items I would buy not much else.
    Of course we would probably both quit work and relax.
    But I have no illusions of ever winning that much money-its not in the cards.
    Work in Progress!

TCB-World's Backbone* Unchained's Avatar

Simply sue the world, especially national and local goverments for all the criminal things they did to us through the years.
    I would exspose them for the criminals they are ann have their faces all over the media for what they did.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> Ron Landheer Design Studio

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Simply sue the world, especially national and local goverments for all the criminal things they did to us through the years.
    I would exspose them for the criminals they are ann have their faces all over the media for what they did.
    Their faces are already all over the media