Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idea about the Elvis tv series in the works by Core/EPE

TCB Mafia

Re: Idea about the Elvis tv series in the works by Core/EPE

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    For several years now SONY have intimated that what Elvis needs to get him back in the limelight is a movie release along the lines of the Johnny Cash epic 'I Walk The Line'. I also feel that more documentaries are needed to be produced for TV screening. There is not enough video footage being made available to the general public. The same old stalwarts are brought out year after year around Anniversary times e.g. 'The 68 Special'; 'TTWII' and 'Aloha From Hawaii'. Even the general public must know this footage by heart. EPE and Apollo need to sort this matter out as a matter of urgency. On the record front SONY are still interested in producing a 'Duets' album and this could gain huge publicity with 'hologram type' TV ads (featured on talk shows and live appearances with the artists involved) along the lines of the American Idol production of 'If I Can Dream' with Celine Dion. I am of the opinion that the latter will come about - it's just the timing that is in question. Could be 2013.

Brian
    The movie is not going to happen.

More documentaries will probably happen.

Another duets album is doable but why bother they've already done that a couple of times.

Hologram is a possibility but that wouldn't necessarily get Elvis more attention.

About the footage it's not as simple as EPE saying we need more footage there may not be anymore footage to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The movie is not going to happen.

More documentaries will probably happen.

Another duets album is doable but why bother they've already done that a couple of times.

Hologram is a possibility but that wouldn't necessarily get Elvis more attention.

About the footage it's not as simple as EPE saying we need more footage there may not be anymore footage to be found.
    What makes you think that a movie isn't happening? Are you an insider? Last I read about it in 2012 was that Sony was the company producing it and Simon Fuller is funding it. Walk The Line didn't happen over night. It took years just to get the script written and then months to film.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    What makes you think that a movie isn't happening? Are you an insider? Last I read about it in 2012 was that Sony was the company producing it and Simon Fuller is funding it. Walk The Line didn't happen over night. It took years just to get the script written and then months to film.
    How many times do i have to keep saying this before it get through.

I already explained everything in my posts to Poor boy and what i said was true.

The movie is currently in and will stay in what's called development hell.

Another thing is why does everybody say we want a big screen movie like I Walk the line?

That movie to me was overrated as all it did was copy the storyline from the Ray Charles movie and it wasn't as good as it could have been.

Not to mention it had some stupid things in it.

How many times do i have to keep saying this before it get through.

I already explained everything in my posts to Poor boy and what i said was true.

The movie is currently in and will stay in what's called development hell.

Another thing is why does everybody say we want a big screen movie like I Walk the line?

That movie to me was overrated as all it did was copy the storyline from the Ray Charles movie and it wasn't as good as it could have been.

Not to mention it had some stupid things in it.
    So in other words, no, you're not an insider. Brian Q, on the other hand does have connections to people at Sony, so he should know more than anyone else. The movie is still in the planning stages as of last word.

TCB Mafia

So in other words, no, you're not an insider. Brian Q, on the other hand does have connections to people at Sony, so he should know more than anyone else. The movie is still in the planning stages as of last word.
    I don't have to have connections to Sony to know a big screen movie is not going to happen.

Brian Quinn does not have connections with anyone at Sony it's rather obvious that he doesn't..

I know what i'm talking about it and when i'm proven right i will rub it in your face.

I have something better than connections at Sony it's called common sense.

I don't have to have connections to Sony to know a big screen movie is not going to happen.

Brian Quinn does not have connections with anyone at Sony it's rather obvious that he doesn't..

I know what i'm talking about it and when i'm proven right i will rub it in your face.

I have something better than connections at Sony it's called common sense.

First of all, yes he does have inside connections. Just ask him how he gets his information.

Second, you come off as a cocky know-it-all on here and over at FECC. News flash: You're not.

Third, unless you were in the know of what Sony is or is not doing, then you have no idea what you are blabbering about.

James Dean did have a huge impact on the 1950s.

I mentioned the Beatles as they were part of my point that they never got a movie either.

Jus because you have a huge impact culturally doesn't mean you are anymore likely to get a big screen movie.

Thats my whole point it should my friend .

TCB Mafia

First of all, yes he does have inside connections. Just ask him how he gets his information.

Second, you come off as a cocky know-it-all on here and over at FECC. News flash: You're not.

Third, unless you were in the know of what Sony is or is not doing, then you have no idea what you are blabbering about.
    Brian Quinn does not have inside connections over Sony he has been wrong a million times.

If he has connections why is he wrong all the time?

You are a know it all Viva Elvis and you're not so please be quiet.

I'm not a know it all it's just that you try to pick fights with me on TCB-world.

I don't like it when i'm right and people are telling i'm wrong.

You and Brian Quinn both will look stupid if this movie doesn't happen.

Which Brian Quinn is wrong all the time so it's nothing new.

You must have me confused with someone else over at FECC there are a lot of jerks over there and it's not me.

You don't know what you are talking about Viva Elvis if that's even your real name.

TCB Mafia

I will accept your apology VivaElvis if you ask.

You and i could probably be the best of friends.

TCB Mafia

I change my mind i am actually an insider with Sony and Apollo.

After all if Brian Quinn is an insider then i can be one as well.

[QUOTE=Brian;417335]Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, John Wayne and the Beatles were huge iconic stars that are important to popular culture and they never got a movie either that's my point.QUOTE]

Ever heard of the film My Week with Marilyn?

Brian Quinn does not have inside connections over Sony he has been wrong a million times.

I'm not a know it all it's just that you try to pick fights with me on TCB-world.

You must have me confused with someone else over at FECC there are a lot of jerks over there and it's not me.

You don't know what you are talking about Viva Elvis if that's even your real name.
    This absolutely cracked me up brilliant deduction there detective.

TCB Mafia

[QUOTE=Snake Eyes;417380]
    Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, John Wayne and the Beatles were huge iconic stars that are important to popular culture and they never got a movie either that's my point.QUOTE]

Ever heard of the film My Week with Marilyn?
    That's not a biopic about Marilyn Monroe's life.

[QUOTE=Brian;417383]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post

That's not a biopic about Marilyn Monroe's life.
    It is a film about a week with Marilyn. Who cares if it's not a biopic?

TCB Mafia

[QUOTE=Snake Eyes;417384]

It is a film about a week with Marilyn. Who cares if it's not a biopic?
    Everyone was talking about a big screen biopic about Elvis and i said Marilyn Monroe never got one.

VivaElvis and Poorboy were talking about making a big screen biopic about Elvis that's similar to

The Buddy Holly Story
    A Coal miner's daughter
    Great balls of fire
    La Bamba
    Ray
    I Walk the Line.

[QUOTE=Brian;417385]

Everyone was talking about a big screen biopic about Elvis and i said Marilyn Monroe never got one.

VivaElvis and Poorboy were talking about making a big screen biopic about Elvis that's similar to

The Buddy Holly Story
    A Coal miner's daughter
    Great balls of fire
    La Bamba
    Ray
    I Walk the Line.
    I know what everyone else was talking about, but you specifically said Marilyn never got a movie. I'm saying she did.

TCB Mafia

[QUOTE=Snake Eyes;417386]

I know what everyone else was talking about, but you specifically said Marilyn never got a movie. I'm saying she did.
    That's right and i stand by my statement because everyone was talking about biopics.

I am aware of My Week with Marilyn.

The only thing Brian Q was wrong about was the promotion of Viva Elvis. That wasn't his fault. Sony chose not to promote it in favor of Jackson's new album. What you're implying is assumption on your part that Sony is not planning an Elvis biopic. Here's an article all about how an Elvis biopic has been in the works but with holdups. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...0272?page=show

In the end, if an Elvis biopic never happens in your lifetime or mine, does not mean one wasn't planned as is indicated int he article. Nor does it mean that Brian Q or I was wrong and you were right. Things change. And in this day and time where economics issues can set things back or cancel them altogether, it's naive to assume something is or isn't happening. Like I said, it's in the early planning stages. It may or may not happen. Money will also be an issue on any Presley biopic. The current biopic, Lincoln cost around $70 million to make.

[QUOTE=Brian;417387]

That's right and i stand by my statement because everyone was talking about biopics.

I am aware of My Week with Marilyn.
    Yes you are aware of My Week with Marilyn because I just told you. Be more specific in future, you are not everyone and I understood what you were trying to get at, but you never mentioned the word biopic and marilyn in the same line.

TCB Mafia

The only thing Brian Q was wrong about was the promotion of Viva Elvis. That wasn't his fault. Sony chose not to promote it in favor of Jackson's new album. What you're implying is assumption on your part that Sony is not planning an Elvis biopic. Here's an article all about how an Elvis biopic has been in the works but with holdups. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...0272?page=show

In the end, if an Elvis biopic never happens in your lifetime or mine, does not mean one wasn't planned as is indicated int he article. Nor does it mean that Brian Q or I was wrong and you were right. Things change. And in this day and time where economics issues can set things back or cancel them altogether, it's naive to assume something is or isn't happening. Like I said, it's in the early planning stages. It may or may not happen. Money will also be an issue on any Presley biopic. The current biopic, Lincoln cost around $70 million to make.
    Brian Quinn's been wrong about several things not just about Viva Elvis.

I have never said a big screen bio about Elvis is not being planned or has never been thought of.

I said one will never be made for the reasons i gave to Poorboy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast