Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Hurricane Sandy

Just watching the news coverage so far and it seems like some news readers are getting excited about the storm hitting land. Hope none of our American members are not in the path of this storm.

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Thank you for your thoughts. The storm made landfall 10 miles south of my town. Briniging with it a 10 foot tidal surge and 80 mph sustained winds. I'm a policeman went into work Sunday night, just now got home, in one piece, I think. Lot of damage, homes, trees down, power lines down, etc. Saw waves breaking on city streets, Most people decided not to evacuate, which resulted in us conducting many rescue's at the height of the storm. The weather and tides subsided by early this evening. No loss of live here and everyone's accounted for. Welcome to the Jersey Shore as they say.
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

Quote Originally Posted by RS277 View Post
    Thank you for your thoughts. The storm made landfall 10 miles south of my town. Briniging with it a 10 foot tidal surge and 80 mph sustained winds. I'm a policeman went into work Sunday night, just now got home, in one piece, I think. Lot of damage, homes, trees down, power lines down, etc. Saw waves breaking on city streets, Most people decided not to evacuate, which resulted in us conducting many rescue's at the height of the storm. The weather and tides subsided by early this evening. No loss of live here and everyone's accounted for. Welcome to the Jersey Shore as they say.
    I've seen some coverage of the destruction the storm left, good to hear there are no lives lost in your town, although I've since heard there have been at least 34 deaths so far which is awful. I couldn't imagine doing your job especially in the conditions you've described, but at least you are safe and I'm sure your family are pretty relieved and thankful about.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RS277 View Post
    Thank you for your service.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Just another day at the office. But thank you for your appreciation, it means a lot !!
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Cadillac King

Thanks for your thoughts and concerns. I live in New Jersey and we got slammed pretty hard with this storm. Some estimates are that it could up to 4 years before things are "back to normal." As a small boy my Dad would take me to Sea Side park which of course was devastated. I live about 40 miles inland so the damage was not nearly as bad as the shore area. I have been volunteering my time and assisting with clean up activities. We will rebuild and we will be OK. Thanks again for all of your kind concern.

IM

Poor people. send out my care on all my facebook fanpages and on youtube before. how is things with these people now?

Quote Originally Posted by IM4Elvis View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts and concerns. I live in New Jersey and we got slammed pretty hard with this storm. Some estimates are that it could up to 4 years before things are "back to normal." As a small boy my Dad would take me to Sea Side park which of course was devastated. I live about 40 miles inland so the damage was not nearly as bad as the shore area. I have been volunteering my time and assisting with clean up activities. We will rebuild and we will be OK. Thanks again for all of your kind concern.

IM
    I hope things turn out well for you and your family members. wish you a better future. my thoughts and prayers are with you