Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PFAP - UK Midweek Chart Position + News

TCB Mafia

PFAP - UK Midweek Chart Position + News

As of today (14th November) PFAP is No.55 in the UK Midweek Album Charts. Earlier on it was 41. It has a total print run of 5,000. So far there have been 15 Press Reviews with more to come including one in the Daily Mirror which rated it 5 out of 5. Other reviews have been in the following Magazines (December Issues): Mojo, Uncut and Record Collector. It was also heavily featured in the Daily Mail Online whose demographic is the most suitable for Presley fans.

This morning (14th) a one minute video excerpt of the Press Conference + concert footage were shown on ITV Daybreak.

There will also be radio plugs for the set as follows:

BBC6 Music

BBC2 Johnnie Walker - Inclusion in Sounds Of The Seventies on Saturday, 17th November.

Brian

Re: PFAP - UK Midweek Chart Position + News

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    As of today (14th November) PFAP is No.55 in the UK Midweek Album Charts. Earlier on it was 41. It has a total print run of 5,000. So far there have been 15 Press Reviews with more to come including one in the Daily Mirror which rated it 5 out of 5. Other reviews have been in the following Magazines (December Issues): Mojo, Uncut and Record Collector. It was also heavily featured in the Daily Mail Online whose demographic is the most suitable for Presley fans.

This morning (14th) a one minute video excerpt of the Press Conference + concert footage were shown on ITV Daybreak.

There will also be radio plugs for the set as follows:

BBC6 Music

BBC2 Johnnie Walker - Inclusion in Sounds Of The Seventies on Saturday, 17th November.

Brian
    Thanks Brian!!

TCB Mafia

PFAP entered the Official UK Album Chart at No.74 on 18th November, 2012.

Brian

Not as high as I'd like, especially considering the talent *cough* in the current top 40

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

PFAP entered the Official UK Album Chart at No.74 on 18th November, 2012.

Brian
    Brian, Do you know where PFAP is on the US charts?

Thanks
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Not as high as I'd like, especially considering the talent *cough* in the current top 40
    I know what you mean....
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post

way to go girl.........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I have not yet seen it in Walmart, K-Mart or Target?
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Brian, Do you know where PFAP is on the US charts?

Thanks

With 60.75% of total Soundscan sales now in for the U.S.A. PFAP does not feature in the Top 50. However, things may improve when the remaining 39.25% are known tomorrow (21st).

Brian

TCB Mafia

In it's second week of release PFAP drops out of the Official UK Chart Top 100 Albums. It would appear that within 5 years there will be no CD's being manufactured and that if fans do not wish to download new releases then they will have to go without. Personally I am of the old school and much prefer hard copies with booklets etc. Downloading has not helped the Elvis world one bit.

'Prince From Another Planet' debuts on the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart at 187 and 148 on the Top Current Album Chart (Top 200 minus catalog albums) with sales of 3423 units.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Quinn; 11-28-2012 at 11:02 AM.

In it's second week of release PFAP drops out of the Official UK Chart Top 100 Albums. I am now of the opinion that SONY have given up on marketing Elvis to the general public and in future will concentrate on low production high quality products e.g. YMWTBB; ABFT; and PFAP.

It would appear that within 5 years there will be no CD's being manufactured and that if fans do not wish to download new releases then they will have to go without. Personally I am of the old school and much prefer hard copies with booklets etc. Downloading has not helped the Elvis world one bit.

'Prince From Another Planet' debuts on the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart at 187 and 148 on the Top Current Album Chart (Top 200 minus catalog albums) with sales of 3423 units.

Brian
    totally agree with you Brian......I havnt downloaded any music at all........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

In it's second week of release PFAP drops out of the Official UK Chart Top 100 Albums. I am now of the opinion that SONY have given up on marketing Elvis to the general public and in future will concentrate on low production high quality products e.g. YMWTBB; ABFT; and PFAP.

It would appear that within 5 years there will be no CD's being manufactured and that if fans do not wish to download new releases then they will have to go without. Personally I am of the old school and much prefer hard copies with booklets etc. Downloading has not helped the Elvis world one bit.

Brian
    I'm with you on that as well.

Brian
    I agree with you . Im old school too and i want to hold something in my hand when i pay good money for a product . Its not just the music , its the thrill of opening a cover for the first time , the pictures and design of the cover , reading the booklet . Its the whole experience . I found it hard enough when it changed from vinyl to cd but Downloads are so cold and sterile , devoid of feeling or warmth . I have not purchased any downloads nor shall i ever . Its just another example of the slow decline of a music business that holds the fans in such contempt that it constantly is trying to get more from them for less and holds quality with such disdain . Ive collected music all my life ( Im 47 now) but sadly when the cd goes and it is only downloads , which are meaningless bits of air without personality , warmth or emotion. Then my days of collecting will be finished and that will be a very sad day for me .

...and in future will concentrate on low production high quality products e.g. YMWTBB; ABFT; and PFAP. It would appear that within 5 years there will be no CD's being manufactured
    In fact that's the way to go not just for Elvis but for many many other artists, see how Cash or the Stones are being handled, and not only people from the past but current succesful bands, see Radiohead or Third Man Records, people want to hold something in their hands, but that has to be a high quiality collectors item, with high class booklet, vinyl included, memorabila etc or else people will just download the thing, most times not even legally.

Anyway PFAP still has a chance to do better during the next weeks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    In fact that's the way to go not just for Elvis but for many many other artists, see how Cash or the Stones are being handled, and not only people from the past but current succesful bands, see Radiohead or Third Man Records, people want to hold something in their hands, but that has to be a high quiality collectors item, with high class booklet, vinyl included, memorabila etc or else people will just download the thing, most times not even legally.

Anyway PFAP still has a chance to do better during the next weeks I guess.

Its easy to say thats the way to go but unfortunately a lot of fans , myself included dont have the ridiculous sums of money being asked for these sets i.e Young Man With A Big Beat . There is a recession on and not all fans have 90 Euro or that kind of money to spend on music when they are struggling to make their bills . The Prince From Another Planet set is a good idea and decent value for money . With the economy the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future this kind of set is the way to go in my opinion , because if you price the releases out of fans reach then what chance do these releases have and how long before they stop completely .

Quote Originally Posted by poor boy View Post
    Its easy to say thats the way to go but unfortunately a lot of fans , myself included dont have the ridiculous sums of money being asked for these sets i.e Young Man With A Big Beat . There is a recession on and not all fans have 90 Euro or that kind of money to spend on music when they are struggling to make their bills . The Prince From Another Planet set is a good idea and decent value for money . With the economy the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future this kind of set is the way to go in my opinion , because if you price the releases out of fans reach then what chance do these releases have and how long before they stop completely .
    Unfortunately that's also the way to go, middle class is over in most countries, and luxuries as FTD are never meant to be for everybody, yet even sets like The COmplete Masters, which is beyond most peoples wallets, perfectly sold the whole batch way before the release date, its just not stuff aimed to you and me. PFAP is actually great as it is not just a simple CD package (with the usual songs), but is as cool as FTD, its a double one, plus DVD and its quite handsome: meaning its a pretty object to have, something you don't want just to download (legaly or illegaly) which is the way to sell artists like Elvis today, yet its quite economic for what it is (Unlike YOung Man or FTD), so its like something that must sell despite the dying music store era plus recession (something that can be said for all the Legacy Elvis original album re-releases), yet neither this or the other legacy stuff is doing that great, but the whole record industry is no longer doing that well, so then again, even in bad times Elvis is selling well compared to other similar artists, the amount of music/cd product with his name released in just one years, talks beyond its low charting. Would the last CD ever to be sell before it dies out would be an Elvis one? lol

On the other hand, we shouldn't compare Elvis releases charting with new hot artists charting, but with how well or not similar catalogue/legacy artists are doing when re-released, so the fact that we don't even think of that but think of would it chart higher than Beiber? well its says a lot about how good Elvis still does in terms of selling. One thing is for sure, its would be very hard to achieve the charting success of 30 #1 hits and second to none in next 10 years, most likely it won´t happen again. But that doesn't mean Elvis is not selling, both among the high priced collectors items, or the more economic popular aimed releases.

But as I said, its still early to call it a charts looser, there's still time to have a better charting, also christmas shopping is coming. Regardless of that, Fans are happy and buying it, which is the main goal, so...
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 11-26-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    totally agree with you Brian......I havnt downloaded any music at all........
    I agree with both of you, I want it in my hand....
    There are about 80 million boomers and most are computer savvy but want things..solid in their hands.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Unfortunately that's also the way to go, middle class is over in most countries, and luxuries as FTD are never meant to be for everybody, yet even sets like The COmplete Masters, which is beyond most peoples wallets, perfectly sold the whole batch way before the release date, its just not stuff aimed to you and me. PFAP is actually great as it is not just a simple CD package (with the usual songs), but is as cool as FTD, its a double one, plus DVD and its quite handsome: meaning its a pretty object to have, something you don't want just to download (legaly or illegaly) which is the way to sell artists like Elvis today, yet its quite economic for what it is (Unlike YOung Man or FTD), so its like something that must sell despite the dying music store era plus recession (something that can be said for all the Legacy Elvis original album re-releases), yet neither this or the other legacy stuff is doing that great, but the whole record industry is no longer doing that well, so then again, even in bad times Elvis is selling well compared to other similar artists, the amount of music/cd product with his name released in just one years, talks beyond its low charting. Would the last CD ever to be sell before it dies out would be an Elvis one? lol

On the other hand, we shouldn't compare Elvis releases charting with new hot artists charting, but with how well or not similar catalogue/legacy artists are doing when re-released, so the fact that we don't even think of that but think of would it chart higher than Beiber? well its says a lot about how good Elvis still does in terms of selling. One thing is for sure, its would be very hard to achieve the charting success of 30 #1 hits and second to none in next 10 years, most likely it won´t happen again. But that doesn't mean Elvis is not selling, both among the high priced collectors items, or the more economic popular aimed releases.

But as I said, its still early to call it a charts looser, there's still time to have a better charting, also christmas shopping is coming. Regardless of that, Fans are happy and buying it, which is the main goal, so...
    Their is one indisputable fact , whenever an Elvis album has been given a good advertising campaign ie tv ads and newspaper ads they have charted and sold well . Just remember No 1s , Elvis love songs , Inspirations , 40 Greatest Hits , Presley The All Time Greatest Hits , From The Heart - His Greatest Love Songs , Always On My Mind - Ultimate Love Songs , 50 Greatest Hits . All Top 10 and No 1 albums when given the proper backing and push .

TCB Mafia

Brian

Regarding the Above.

I posted the this on 26th November. However, on reading it again I feel that it did not come out right. In the first paragraph I stated that, in my opinion, SONY had given up on marketing Elvis to the general public, which of course is nonsense. I meant that in my opinion, I felt SONY had changed marketing strategies to producing high quality product with limited runs catering mainly to fans.

I though I would make this clear.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Quinn; 11-28-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Brian

Regarding the Above.

I posted the this on 26th November. However, on reading it again I feel that it did not come out right. In the first paragraph I stated that, in my opinion, SONY had given up on marketing Elvis to the general public, which of course is nonsense. I meant that in my opinion, I felt SONY had changed marketing strategies to producing high quality product with limited runs catering mainly to fans.

I though I would make this clear.

Brian
    Again i make the point whenever an Elvis release has been given a good tv ad campaign it has had good chart success , so i dont understand why Sony do not back his releases anymore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast