Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow Morning!

Tomorrow Morning!

In the morning, I will be heading to the mall to get Prince From Another Planet and I won't be the only one! A young lady who works with me says she too is planning on getting it. She's what you would call a closet fan. I'm looking forward to everything, from the audio mix to the press conference, documentary, booklet and liner notes and of course, the lost never before seen concert footage.

Everyone, spread the word, get your friends involved and get them to go out and buy this set! It's only $18 dollars!!! That's a bargain for a 3 disc set. I'm hearing pre-order sales are impressive and that it's got a good chance to debut high on the charts. So let's get Elvis back to the top, where he belongs!

Elvis truly is like a prince from another planet!
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Re: Tomorrow Morning!

already pre ordered mine will be here tomorrow
    Play it James!

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    In the morning, I will be heading to the mall to get Prince From Another Planet and I won't be the only one! A young lady who works with me says she too is planning on getting it. She's what you would call a closet fan. I'm looking forward to everything, from the audio mix to the press conference, documentary, booklet and liner notes and of course, the lost never before seen concert footage.

Everyone, spread the word, get your friends involved and get them to go out and buy this set! It's only $18 dollars!!! That's a bargain for a 3 disc set. I'm hearing pre-order sales are impressive and that it's got a good chance to debut high on the charts. So let's get Elvis back to the top, where
    he belongs!

Elvis truly is like a prince from another planet!
    You will love it! It is superb for the price, the booklet is great. Let us know what you think.

TCB Mafia

A fantastic release. The concerts have amazing sound and Elvis' voice is so clear and pitch perfect. The video footage is excellent. If one is looking for negatives then one would be that, in my opinion, the video footage could have been placed together (with synced sound) and not left with a blank screen. Another negative would be the packaging of the actual discs - they are too tightly embedded in the cover that it is difficult to get them out. One fan has already torn his cover because of this.

However, this release is so full of plusses that such criticism appears trivial.

As they say - TURN IT UP LOUD - and ENJOY the greatest entertainer who ever drew breath!!!!!!!!!

Brian

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

If only I could get it in Germany...

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

My copy should be here any minute.....I can't wait.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    A fantastic release. The concerts have amazing sound and Elvis' voice is so clear and pitch perfect. The video footage is excellent. If one is looking for negatives then one would be that, in my opinion, the video footage could have been placed together (with synced sound) and not left with a blank screen. Another negative would be the packaging of the actual discs - they are too tightly embedded in the cover that it is difficult to get them out. One fan has already torn his cover because of this.

However, this release is so full of plusses that such criticism appears trivial.

As they say - TURN IT UP LOUD - and ENJOY the greatest entertainer who ever drew breath!!!!!!!!!

Brian
    perfect.....
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I got it after having to go to multiple stores to find it.

Anyways, the packaging was brilliantly done! With the exception of the front photo where Elvis has his belt on upside down, the booklet inside of it is unbelievable! 50 pages of incredible photos of Elvis. I knew he looked healthy in NY but Geez! I understand the Greek God comparison now. The liner notes are as in dept as any Elvis release I can recall ever! There's a photo in the back of the booklet that sums up the NY Garden crowd. It was literally packed to the rafters. And MSG is one of the biggest sports arenas then and still is today.

Now on to the music.

I wasn't too impressed with the mix on the afternoon disc. It seemed like the drums were buried in the mix but the bass was thumping. The house was shaking like an earthquake! Disc 2 was a different story on sound mix. The BEST I have ever heard the evening show sound! And now I understand that skip sound right before he sings Hound Dog. It was him making that sound. The drums are more up front in the mix for some reason. I'm thinking that when RCA rushed to record this show that they weren't prepared and that was the reason for the bad mix and the choice for the evening show. The obvious that the NY concerts weren't recorded in 16 track multi-channel like the April tour was for Elvis On Tour.

Now the dvd.

This was nice, and appreciative and the footage gave me goose bumps. But it's VERY irritating and annoying at how the footage goes in and out. Just as you get settled into a performance and you're wondering what he's about to do next, a blank screen. And for long periods at that. I suggest for you to have your remote ready to fast forward till you see him pop back on the screen. The only song seen in full is That's All Right. The rest are bits and pieces. Sony really did lie when they said the guy who filmed it filmed virtually the entire show. These companies today will say and do anything to make an extra buck, even stretch the truth. That guy only filmed roughly 20 minutes. The show was 1 hour. That's less than half of the show he missed.

The Prince From Another Planet documentary was wonderfully done and uses the concert footage as pieces to fill in between the talking and interviews. Very well done.

Nice seeing the press conference too. But once again, it's only bits and pieces. There's a moment though that really catches you. It's when the lady reporter asks Elvis if she can ask his dad a question and Elvis leans back to give his dad the floor. The humbleness in him is overwhelming. You can just see the peace and love in the man. Almost un human like.

Overall, it was really a nice set. The dvd and disc 2 were the highlights to me.

Here's an alternate cover I made for the set. What do you guys think?

I got it after having to go to multiple stores to find it.

Anyways, the packaging was brilliantly done! With the exception of the front photo where Elvis has his belt on upside down, the booklet inside of it is unbelievable! 50 pages of incredible photos of Elvis. I knew he looked healthy in NY but Geez! I understand the Greek God comparison now. The liner notes are as in dept as any Elvis release I can recall ever! There's a photo in the back of the booklet that sums up the NY Garden crowd. It was literally packed to the rafters. And MSG is one of the biggest sports arenas then and still is today.

Now on to the music.

I wasn't too impressed with the mix on the afternoon disc. It seemed like the drums were buried in the mix but the bass was thumping. The house was shaking like an earthquake! Disc 2 was a different story on sound mix. The BEST I have ever heard the evening show sound! And now I understand that skip sound right before he sings Hound Dog. It was him making that sound. The drums are more up front in the mix for some reason. I'm thinking that when RCA rushed to record this show that they weren't prepared and that was the reason for the bad mix and the choice for the evening show. The obvious that the NY concerts weren't recorded in 16 track multi-channel like the April tour was for Elvis On Tour.

Now the dvd.

This was nice, and appreciative and the footage gave me goose bumps. But it's VERY irritating and annoying at how the footage goes in and out. Just as you get settled into a performance and you're wondering what he's about to do next, a blank screen. And for long periods at that. I suggest for you to have your remote ready to fast forward till you see him pop back on the screen. The only song seen in full is That's All Right. The rest are bits and pieces. Sony really did lie when they said the guy who filmed it filmed virtually the entire show. These companies today will say and do anything to make an extra buck, even stretch the truth. That guy only filmed roughly 20 minutes. The show was 1 hour. That's less than half of the show he missed.

The Prince From Another Planet documentary was wonderfully done and uses the concert footage as pieces to fill in between the talking and interviews. Very well done.

Nice seeing the press conference too. But once again, it's only bits and pieces. There's a moment though that really catches you. It's when the lady reporter asks Elvis if she can ask his dad a question and Elvis leans back to give his dad the floor. The humbleness in him is overwhelming. You can just see the peace and love in the man. Almost un human like.

Overall, it was really a nice set. The dvd and disc 2 were the highlights to me.
    I still haven't had the chance to listen to the cds yet, but tomorrow morning I have quite a drive and that's when I'm gonna whack it up LOUD. I still like the DVD with the bit parts from the concert, but I was prepared and had the control ready. I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the tight fit of the discs I had on gloves opening the entire thing. Like your alternative cover.

I bought the Prince from Another Planet dvd a few months ago when the Elvis Presley exhibition from Graceland was in my city. It's a dvd bootleg release but I didn't care I just wanted to have it and on 1 dvd there are both shows and the conference aswell all in bits and peaces. Now I wasn't mad because I knew it was filmed by some fan and it's gonna be in bits and peaces but I thought it's cool to hang on to this until they release the real deal and as Sony said it's gonna be the whole show. But it's not as somebody said it's only about half an hour.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

It's funny Viva I never noticed the belt on the cover.

I like the way most of it is put together. The CD's are very difficult to get out, if I would have broke one I would be crying. I do think they could have put some pics on the DVD for the black spots. I did find myself skipping to the next part of video. The best part of the video to me was Polk Salad Annie that was almost the video of the whole song. I found myself getting excited when the video came back on each and every time, like it was the first time all over again but get sad when the screen went to black.

I also enjoyed the documentary.

Hey Jen, I haven't listened to the concerts yet either, I have a trip coming up as well. I will be "Polk Salad Annie" right down the highway as well.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

The DVD was what I would have bought the set for-I think I will wait and eventually the price at Walmart will go down....since it is as I kind of expected not really the whole show. The Mekas footage may have much more than the 20 minutes described, also the NBC footage is suppose to be half the show-why not have gone all the way and purchased all of these and combined them to give a fuller show and a broader over all look.
    I have the music and for me the original mix was not that bad-but to each his own.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    The DVD was what I would have bought the set for-I think I will wait and eventually the price at Walmart will go down....since it is as I kind of expected not really the whole show. The Mekas footage may have much more than the 20 minutes described, also the NBC footage is suppose to be half the show-why not have gone all the way and purchased all of these and combined them to give a fuller show and a broader over all look.
    I have the music and for me the original mix was not that bad-but to each his own.
    For someone like me who is still a babe in arms with regards to Elvis' entire career this is still good imo. I made sure not to take a look at too many previews as I wanted it to be a surprise and while I do agree footage could've been combined to create an entire show, I'm happy with what I've got. I'm sure once I've seen and heard as much as you long term fans, I'd think the same, but I'm still cheshire catting it

Chris, the discs are such a tight fit, it took quite a bit of manipulation to free them and I would've cried and cursed if I'd ripped the packet or scratched the discs too. Normally I like to boot it in the car, but I'm going to take it nice and easy and prolong the ride

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    For someone like me who is still a babe in arms with regards to Elvis' entire career this is still good imo. I made sure not to take a look at too many previews as I wanted it to be a surprise and while I do agree footage could've been combined to create an entire show, I'm happy with what I've got. I'm sure once I've seen and heard as much as you long term fans, I'd think the same, but I'm still cheshire catting it

Chris, the discs are such a tight fit, it took quite a bit of manipulation to free them and I would've cried and cursed if I'd ripped the packet or scratched the discs too. Normally I like to boot it in the car, but I'm going to take it nice and easy and prolong the ride
    LOL.......another fellow petrolhead........my kind of woman driver
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

For those asking about the sleeve and having trouble getting it out. I didn't have the problem that others are having. Mine were tight but not to where it was hard to remove. What I would suggest is when you go to remove it, take your hand and pull up just a little bit on the cardboard slip to give it some room. This worked for me without damaging the discs.

For those waiting on getting this, I wouldn't wait too long. Don't miss out on this exceptional box set. You will regret it. The 50-page color booklet alone is worth the money! There's some photos in there that have never been seen before!

Just got mine today and I have to say I am very impressed with the presentation. The DVD is great although as cool as it is to see the fan footage, which is beautiful btw, I also find the missing spaces annoying. Oh well I am sure whoever taped it wishes he had the whole show too! Elvis looked beautiful, somehow much better than he does in EOT.
    "Music is the voice that tells the human race it is greater than it knows" -Napoleon Bonaparte

That would have been a great cover as well! Lot of classic shots of our boy from MSG, with capes.

TCB Mafia

A better cover than the one released. I would have preferred the original MSG cover.

i have had this release for a few days now and here are my thoughts.........

first off the 2 concerts sound great the afternoon in the garden release from 97 i believe i always liked the sound and i believe it sounds a bit improved on thsi release, now the evening show sounds AMAZING!!! this is the best i have ever heard this show hearing these 2 concerts really makes yo feel like you are there at MSG and really hearing these 2 cds its like hearing these 2 concerts for the very first time. Next, the book is great with lots of great photos showing how great elvis looked at msg. Next the dvd is just a nice bonus very cool docmentary and the footage that is used is great like hound dog, polk salad and the end to suspicious minds just WOW could they have used photos from the show to cover up the black screen yes but to be honest its not that big of a deal to me to me this is just truly a great release the best afordable official release we have had in such a long time i encourage people to get this amazing release you will not be disapointed!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast