Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

  1. #21
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Caddington, Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

    Please go to the following URL for more on the PFAP release plus interview with Jerry Schilling on CBS television:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-New-York.html

    Brian

  2. #22
    International Level my boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On a jet to the promised land...
    Posts
    575

    Re: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

    Great interview...

  3. #23
    Cadillac King mozzarella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    477

    Re: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

    Great!! But - am I getting it right that in the article he is labelled as a 'famed blues musician'??? Well... whatever...
    Poke a little sock salad...

  4. #24
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

    It's here!!!! Just put the DVD on

  5. #25
    Cadillac King mozzarella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    477

    Re: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    It's here!!!! Just put the DVD on
    And how is it so far? How's the sound on the cd's?
    Poke a little sock salad...

  6. #26
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by mozzarella View Post
    And how is it so far? How's the sound on the cd's?
    Incredible! I sat there like a goon with the biggest smile on my face, there are other boards where people are moaning about the quality, but I suspect that for 14 they thought they were going to get blu ray quality. It is just brilliant to see this footage, of course I wish there was an entire concert, but I love it. I haven't listened to the CDs yet, but the es will be my first play and if the sound on the DVD is anything to go by, the CDs will be great. If you haven't got it, get it.

  7. #27
    Mad Tigers
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    42

    Re: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

    I got mine yesterday.

    DVD- concert footage.
    Well, this is great, the quality is much better than some other 8mm footage I have seen. However no songs are complete except 'That's All Right' everything else is just partial songs. The screen goes black where there is no video to match the audio. this could have been much better, they could have filled the no video spots with a photo montage of the official pictures that were taken. That would have been much better than a black screen and not hard to do. It's great to see what is there, but a too annoying to watch the whole thing.

    DVD : Press Conference.
    Nice, but we have seen it all before (at least I have) no surprises here.

    Documentary.
    Again, it's nice but that's about it, nothing new here either.

    Audio.
    I have listened to both concerts today with headphones. The sound is very good, worth the price for this alone. I now consider these to be the best Elvis concerts I have ever heard, from an audio quality point of view.

    Packaging and book.
    Very nice, but the book really should have included all the official MSG photographs. Why give us just a couple? Newspaper clippings are nice, but more photo's would be better.

    A DVD slideshow of the photo's would have been superb. I might have to put my own one together!

    If you buy this package, do so for the great new audio, the rest is just a bonus!

    Just my opinion of course!

  8. #28
    TCB Mafia debtdbruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ilkley, Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by gilesm View Post
    I got mine yesterday.

    DVD- concert footage.
    Well, this is great, the quality is much better than some other 8mm footage I have seen. However no songs are complete except 'That's All Right' everything else is just partial songs. The screen goes black where there is no video to match the audio. this could have been much better, they could have filled the no video spots with a photo montage of the official pictures that were taken. That would have been much better than a black screen and not hard to do. It's great to see what is there, but a too annoying to watch the whole thing.

    DVD : Press Conference.
    Nice, but we have seen it all before (at least I have) no surprises here.

    Documentary.
    Again, it's nice but that's about it, nothing new here either.


    Audio.
    I have listened to both concerts today with headphones. The sound is very good, worth the price for this alone. I now consider these to be the best Elvis concerts I have ever heard, from an audio quality point of view.

    Packaging and book.
    Very nice, but the book really should have included all the official MSG photographs. Why give us just a couple? Newspaper clippings are nice, but more photo's would be better.

    A DVD slideshow of the photo's would have been superb. I might have to put my own one together!

    If you buy this package, do so for the great new audio, the rest is just a bonus!

    Just my opinion of course!
    that was my thoughts. The footage is much clearer than the Phoenix release.

    Havnt listened to the cd's yet though.
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

  9. #29
    Mad Tigers
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    42

    Re: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

    Regarding the sound, i have listened to each concert two or three times now. I have also made a playlist in iTunes using Proud Mary from the 'old' as Recorded at MSG CD, the "Afternoon In The Garden" CD and the afternoon and evening shows from PFAP.
    Listening on headphones the difference between PFAP Evening show and the old As Recorded At MSG CD was significant. In the new release the sound is sharper, cleaner and more exciting because the drum work is so much louder in the mix, and you can hear the audience more, elvis sounds even better than ever.
    Comparing the AITG to PFAP the difference is not as huge, but still noticeable. Overall, it's so worth getting these for the sound upgrade. I feel like I have re-discovered these concerts now. They are now, for me, the true pinnacle of Elvis concerts. I am so pleased I got this issue, it's so worth it!

  10. #30
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

    Quote Originally Posted by gilesm View Post
    Regarding the sound, i have listened to each concert two or three times now. I have also made a playlist in iTunes using Proud Mary from the 'old' as Recorded at MSG CD, the "Afternoon In The Garden" CD and the afternoon and evening shows from PFAP.
    Listening on headphones the difference between PFAP Evening show and the old As Recorded At MSG CD was significant. In the new release the sound is sharper, cleaner and more exciting because the drum work is so much louder in the mix, and you can hear the audience more, elvis sounds even better than ever.
    Comparing the AITG to PFAP the difference is not as huge, but still noticeable. Overall, it's so worth getting these for the sound upgrade. I feel like I have re-discovered these concerts now. They are now, for me, the true pinnacle of Elvis concerts. I am so pleased I got this issue, it's so worth it!
    I finally listened to both shows today, starting with the evening show which I'd not heard previously. I really liked the sound on this cd although I have nothing to compare it to, it's given me a whole new appreciation for the MSG shows as it shows all elements involved were on top form. The afternoon show didn't sound too different from the AITG mix, bearing in mind I've only been able to listen to it in my X5. I really need to get my seperates down from the loft and give both shows the kind of system they deserve. Overall for me too, this set is worth it, I can't see me listening to anything else for a while.

  11. #31
    Mad Tigers
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    42

    Re: Guys, another teaser from PFAP! Incredible!

    yes, I am going to delete AITG and the 'old' MSG albums from my iTunes library, will never listen to them again now I have this version...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Video Of 'Suspicious Minds' From PFAP Release
    By Brian Quinn in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 07:10 PM
  2. Dixieland Delight - Teaser Trailer
    By presley31 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 06:27 PM
  3. Teaser Pic
    By Cliff in forum Off topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 10:49 PM
  4. teaser of vernon singing
    By presley in forum Off topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 06:24 PM
  5. Superman Returns Teaser
    By nabelt24 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 09:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •