Thread: 'If I Can Dream' (Studio Version) Celine And Elvis

TCB Mafia

'If I Can Dream' (Studio Version) Celine And Elvis

Please go to the following URL for the studio version from Celine's album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfvsj7WRlpI

Brian

Re: 'If I Can Dream' (Studio Version) Celine And Elvis

That made my blood run cold. If I Can Dream is nigh on perfect in every way and Celines' vocals offer zilch, really regret listening to it now.

I've avoided commenting on this.............but she totally annihilates it........and she drowns him out
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Elvis original record of If I Can Dream had nothing less than the The Wrecking Crew as his backing band!!! And Celine thinks she can use some midi crap to match it? Its offensive! Its so cheap and tacky!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Elvis original record of If I Can Dream had nothing less than the The Wrecking Crew as his backing band!!! And Celine thinks she can use some midi crap to match it? Its offensive! Its so cheap and tacky!!!!
    The backing track is fantastic! It's Celine who is horrible. I wished someone like Foster or Will I Am would go into the studio and overdub Elvis' later tracks like that. man, how amazing they would sound! Imagine a song like I'm Leavin' having new 2012 backings? Oh my!
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

i love the song I'm Leavin
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    The backing track is fantastic! It's Celine who is horrible. I wished someone like Foster or Will I Am would go into the studio and overdub Elvis' later tracks like that. man, how amazing they would sound! Imagine a song like I'm Leavin' having new 2012 backings? Oh my!
    I disagree with that, Will I Am offers nothing new to the music industry. Almost everything he and the BEPs do is regurgitated from the early 80s electro scene and they literally destroy the music they are trying to emulate. Can almost hear the vocoders now Also welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    I've avoided commenting on this.............but she totally annihilates it........and she drowns him out
    I totally agree. Their voices did not match up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Disagree with you on that one, its sounds Karaoke to me, its almost early 90's casio Midi tone, can't get worst than that.

Take a trip to what the Wreking crew is about, you canīt match that with some Midi sounds my friend, What's fantastic about that?

Elvis is never ever just about the voice, but about his interaction with his backing bands, how he direct them into a certain sound and feel until he got the sound he wanted and melt his voice with it. That was an Elvis record!

New backing tracks could be done but with a lot of heart to it, not just with a computer program man!

Believe me: the "master of bombastic pop kitsch" (that's Foster) had his place in pop music, but had anything to do or add but embarrassment to something as legendary, soulful and perfect as The Wrecking Crew at the height of his powers backing Elvis Presley, that was recording history. If I Can Dream is a classic, is historic.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 10-24-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    I disagree with that, Will I Am offers nothing new to the music industry. Almost everything he and the BEPs do is regurgitated from the early 80s electro scene and they literally destroy the music they are trying to emulate. Can almost hear the vocoders now Also welcome back.
    Yep. It sounds like any cheap Karaoke track for If I Can Dream. They couldn't even get the tempo right, they made it sound as a toy march! while The Wrecking Crew had that soul back beat on Elvis record. Its ridiculous how they ruined it!

Celine is a great singer but her style does not melt with Elvis well at all, they are worlds appart in many aspects of their vocal aproach and feel.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 10-23-2012 at 09:21 AM.

I do not understand or why she would even record this with ELVIS....makes no sense to me.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I agree with a lot of you, that she is trying to out do Elvis on the song. Elvis knew that some songs just don't need the over power vocals, sometimes it is more of the emotion in the song itself that needs to be heard. It seems like every song she sings is like she is saying "I'm the best singer ever". To me Elvis knew how to tell the story in a song, but he was also able to hit the high notes when he needed to.

I also agree the backing is hideous.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Shame on you Celine Dion!