Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Marie, 'I wish Elvis had lived to see my children'

Loving elvis

Lisa Marie, 'I wish Elvis had lived to see my children'

Lisa Marie was only 9 years old when her dad died in 1977.
    Lisa Marie, who has children Danielle, Benjamin, Harper and Finley, said that she makes sure they know everything about the Rock 'N' Roll legend and his incredible career.
    The 44-year-old said, "I was like anybody else - fearless as a child and experimental as a teenager - but I had an angel looking over me, and music. I wasn't really paraded around as a child. Mum protected me really well when I was young.
    It hit home when I turned 42 as that was the age when my father died, and his mum too. I have moments when I wish he had lived to see my children, of course I do. And I speak to my little ones about him. I tell them who he was and we love his music."
    Lisa Marie also accepted that her father's music and iconic status has cast a shadow over her own singing career
    "I just had to find my own way with it," said Lisa Marie, who released new album Storm & Grace this year. "I don't feel I have to prove anything anymore. I was comfortable and it felt natural.
    "I am a singer-songwriter and that's what I do. And my dad was a singer. I guess it would be a lot easier on me if my father had been a builder or a painter or a plumber."
    In another recent BBC interview she also notes, that she is particularly excited at

the prospect of her mother, Priscilla, playing the Wicked Queen in pantomime - even though she's not really sure what a pantomime is.
    "She was trying to describe it to me, so I think I have an idea. But the kids will be excited to see her [and] I get to spend Christmas with her."
    And, after 44 years under the media microscope, she has found the British public to be strangely supportive.

Source:http://www.elvisinfonet.com/

Link to BBC interview with lisa:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19992974

Re: Lisa Marie, 'I wish Elvis had lived to see my children'

Thanks Jen, interesting and enjoyable. Sounds like she's happy with her life and things are finally coming together for her.

I'm happy for her thats she's got some 'peace' and happiness.....as Elvis' Daughter I want her to be happy and fulfilled, but I would like her to be at the forefront of her Dad's legacy more, rather than Cilla.
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    I'm happy for her thats she's got some 'peace' and happiness.....as Elvis' Daughter I want her to be happy and fulfilled, but I would like her to be at the forefront of her Dad's legacy more, rather than Cilla.
    I agree. It seems like in the last year or two maybe she is starting to take the reins more.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

hopefully.......

you were there (presumably) in the Pavillion when both of them were interviewed. Didn't you think Lisa had a job trying to talk over Cilla at times, I get the impression she likes to hog the limelight a bit?
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Loving elvis

hopefully.......

you were there (presumably) in the Pavillion when both of them were interviewed. Didn't you think Lisa had a job trying to talk over Cilla at times, I get the impression she likes to hog the limelight a bit?
    Lisa has stated in many interviews that she didn't want the business side of things but now priscilla is getting up there in age,maybe lisa feels its time to take over. Not that i don't agree with priscilla always wanting to be in the spotlight.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

hopefully.......

Yes, she would try and talk over Lisa. But sometimes Lisa wanted to give just a few words and the Priscilla would finish "Lisa's answer". I remember one of the times Tom Brown said why don't you answer first Lisa. I think there were times Tom was wanting just Lisa to answer the question and Priscilla would start talking.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

that's true.....forgotten that particular part, but yes, Tom did say.....'and Lisa.....' blah, blah, he very pointedly asked her to answer

"It hit home when I turned 42 as that was the age when my father died, and his mum too."

I found this strange.....

Loving elvis

I noticed lisa really doesn't like to say much and you can tell when she's addressing the fans on special events and not to stick up for pris but she 's been doing this for along time so it comes out for her which she should be more quiet and let her daughter say whats on her mind but however its about time that lisa did take over and priscilla stops down.

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    "It hit home when I turned 42 as that was the age when my father died, and his mum too."

Me too as wasn't it said that Gladys died at 46 and not 42?

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post

She's obviously mistaken Gladys' age when she died or her maths is bad. I think for her being 9 when he passed, 42 would be an age that would make her nervous for obvious reasons, even though her lifestyle is completely different from her fathers.

I remember finding out when I was about 8ish that a friends grandad died on christmas day, the main thing that stuck with me was that he went out and died. For several years I believed that if my dad or a member of family went out christmas day they would die. I obviously know this was just pure coincidence now, but it scared the life out of me when I was little and this was also a time when ALL the shops would shut for christmas and boxing day, so there was no reason to go out. The weird little imaginings of children.

Sounds like Lisa has finally found closure. I like the more mature Lisa Marie than the rebellious dirty mouth Lisa that we heard and saw back in 2003.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia

That's the saddest thing about Elvis dying is that he didn't get to know Lisa or know his grandkids.

That just makes you realize how unbelievably sad Elvis' death was.

The fact that his own family doesn't know him and will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    That's the saddest thing about Elvis dying is that he didn't get to know Lisa or know his grandkids.

That just makes you realize how unbelievably sad Elvis' death was.

The fact that his own family doesn't know him and will never know.
    thats the real tragedy..............

Lisa has had little interest in the business end of the estate from day one-she obviously inherited that trait from her father.
    As a parent I would be happy that someone (anyone) would help guide my childrens financial security until the time came that they were mentally confident to begin handling it themselves.
    I think Priscilla has done what any mother or father would do faced with the situation she inherited from Vernon-insure the financial legacy for her daughters future (that Elvis himself envisioned but just did not really plan for) She has pretty much been in the forefront even though there were 2 other co-executors for the estate (and those co-executors liked the fact that she was the lighting rod for praise and criticism I'm sure)
    But with Lisa into her 40s Priscilla should start taking some hint that Lisa is probably matured to the point that she can carry much more of the load.....indeed she may feel Priscilla deserves more time away from the business-to do things for herself things she may want to do totally separate from EPE. IE Lisa's inner voice may be saying-Mom has handled this long enough and it is time for me to step up.
    Its difficult to make the transition from "forefront" to "behind the scenes" for anyone in similar life situations-let alone Elvis's exwife and only child.
    Work in Progress!

Very interesting! Thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Lisa has had little interest in the business end of the estate from day one-she obviously inherited that trait from her father.
    As a parent I would be happy that someone (anyone) would help guide my childrens financial security until the time came that they were mentally confident to begin handling it themselves.
    I think Priscilla has done what any mother or father would do faced with the situation she inherited from Vernon-insure the financial legacy for her daughters future (that Elvis himself envisioned but just did not really plan for) She has pretty much been in the forefront even though there were 2 other co-executors for the estate (and those co-executors liked the fact that she was the lighting rod for praise and criticism I'm sure)
    But with Lisa into her 40s Priscilla should start taking some hint that Lisa is probably matured to the point that she can carry much more of the load.....indeed she may feel Priscilla deserves more time away from the business-to do things for herself things she may want to do totally separate from EPE. IE Lisa's inner voice may be saying-Mom has handled this long enough and it is time for me to step up.
    Its difficult to make the transition from "forefront" to "behind the scenes" for anyone in similar life situations-let alone Elvis's exwife and only child.
    Totally agree with this very thoughtful post. What we seem to often forget in our criticism sometimes is that Elvis, his career, his death, and his legacy is unlike anything our culture has ever known. He did not know how to handle it, he did not prepare for the future, and did not give considerable detailed plans for what he wanted after his death. But then again how could he have known his future, his early demise, and the huge impact his life and work would have on millions. I liked Priscilla as a kid in 1988 when I became a fan, but now that I am grown I have an enormous amount of respect for her, despite her flaws and missteps along the way. No one gave Elvis a guidebook an being one of the most famous and influential men in history, so he made mistakes. Priscilla and Lisa have had to deal with so much and do the best they can in his absence, no one gave them a guidebook either.
    "Music is the voice that tells the human race it is greater than it knows" -Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Agree with this Ken

.. And as a woman i think Lisa Marie is now enjoying her role as a mom for her twins, and thats a handfull , and not that she or anyone dont want her to step it up.. Give it times, once the twins are a little older, I am sure she will be more vocals with Graceland and the rest of Elvis legacy

As much as I dont follow her musical career, but i am happy for her to finally settled down and seems to me enjoy her privacy , I saw her interview on OWN channel with Oprah , she was in ENgland somewhere and said to prefer to raised her babies away from the attentions the world' been giving her. Which is good in my opinion, to have her twins grow as normal as she could provide for them.

Scatter faked his death and he has been the one managing Elvis' estate since he died. That's the only plausible explanation for the shi**y way these two (Lisa and Priscilla) have been presenting Elvis' to the world and treating him over the years. Everythnig is fine with them while his name keeps them floating on money. I'm sorry, but that's my honest opnion.
    Shame on them, because he is one of the greatest performers of all times and he deserves much more from the people who supposedly loved him. Her daughter isn't respectful enough to call him FATHER, so figure...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast