Thread: Lisa Marie Presley to Debut Video Duet with Elvis on CMT

Lisa Marie Presley to Debut Video Duet with Elvis on CMT

Lisa Marie Presley will world premiere her new video “I Love You Because,” an emotional duet with her late father Elvis Presley, on CMT and CMT.com on Thursday, October 18th during the 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. ET/PT music hours. At the suggestion of renowned producer T-Bone Burnett, ...

More...

Re: Lisa Marie Presley to Debut Video Duet with Elvis on CMT

Lisa Marie Presley to Debut Video Duet with Elvis on CMT

October 15, 2012

Lisa Marie Presley will world premiere her new video “I Love You Because,” an emotional duet with her late father Elvis Presley, on CMT and CMT.com on Thursday, October 18th during the 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. ET/PT music hours. At the suggestion of renowned producer T-Bone Burnett, Lisa recorded the Elvis song in August for the 35th anniversary of her father’s passing. The video was only intended to be viewed by some 25,000 fans in attendance at the 35th Anniversary Concert at the FedEX Forum in Memphis, but following a warm reception by fans, Presley agreed to share the video with CMT.

The single “I Love You Because” from Sony Legacy will be available for purchase digitally beginning October 16th, and the full video will be available on iTunes on October 25th. Additionally, Lisa Marie announced she will hit the road for two weeks in November in support of her new album "Storm & Grace," starting November 1 in Tunica, Miss. and ending November 17 at Carnegie Hall in New York, NY.

“I Love You Because” was first recorded by Elvis in July of 1954 at Sun Studio. The session started on the 4th and ended early on the morning of the 5th in Memphis, Tenn., the same day he recorded “That’s All Right.” Producer Sam Phillips did not think “I Love You Because” was the right song for Elvis’ first single, so it eventually found its way to his first album released in 1956. Following its first studio recording, the song was never performed again by Elvis. Lisa Marie recorded her vocals to the song on August 8, 2012, at The Village in Santa Monica, CA, after consulting with producer T-Bone Burnett who presented her with the idea of “I Love You Because” as a special song for her fans.

The video for the track was a personal project for Lisa Marie, in which she introduces her four children as the continuation of her father’s legacy. She recorded the vocals on August 8, 2012, and made the video over the course of just four days in time to debut it August 16, 2012 at the 35th Anniversary Elvis Concert at the FEDEX FORUM in Memphis. Lisa Marie Presley’s four-year-old twin girls Finley and Harper, as well as her son Benjamin (19) and daughter Riley (23), are featured in never-before-seen family photos, along with Lisa Marie and Elvis.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I'm not sure the same emotion will come across the TV like it did at the FedEx Forum. I also thought she always said that she would not do a “Nat King Cole” type video for release. Maybe she is starting to change her mind on some of those things she has said in the past.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Awesome. she really made this tribute great

Excited to see that it will be on CMT, loved it at the Fedex Forum. Hopefully the entire 35 anniversary show will be available to purchase, wouldn't it be great if they showed that on TV.

I think it would be great if this was hit at christmastime. It sure has the potential! Lisa really did a beatiful job on this!
    Last edited by gunter; 10-16-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Faith, Spirit, Discipline and Endurance!

don't forget here in the UK, she's on 'This Morning' tomorrow.............
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Thanks for that Deb.

TCB Mafia

Personally I cannot see this being a chart contender. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Brian

Backstage Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    Personally I cannot see this being a chart contender. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Brian

Oh I don't think so either but for Elvis fans, it will be a real treasure. Of all the songs she has ever done,,,I find this kind I like most. In the Ghetto was soo cool.

I like Lisa's voice with her Dad's. I also enjoyed Don't Cry Daddy.

I just cant get excited about this old song, it just doesnt work ! u need an older Elvis vocal to now match her smoky sound, this is just a non starter ..........

Quote Originally Posted by dennyelvis View Post
    I just cant get excited about this old song, it just doesnt work ! u need an older Elvis vocal to now match her smoky sound, this is just a non starter ..........
    I just watched a clip of this on youtube from the fedex forum and I think you're right on the money about an older Elvis vocal, it would've sounded superb. I would like to see it again in better sound and quality, the camera angle from the youtube video is side on, so didn't get to see much of the clips and images.

Hope this works. How much does Ben look like Elvis?

Very well done!