Thread: GQ Magazine Features Elvis' Rollagas 14K Gold Lighter

GQ Magazine Features Elvis' Rollagas 14K Gold Lighter

Popular men's magazine GQ is featuring a lighter fit for a king in this week's GQ Eye on Style. In an article titled "Hunka' Burning Love: Elvis Presley and the Dunhill Rollagas Lighter," the blog looks at Elvis' impeccable taste. GQ says the simple 14-karat gold Rollagas lighter owned by El...

More...

Re: GQ Magazine Features Elvis' Rollagas 14K Gold Lighter

Hunka Burning Love: Elvis Presley and the Dunhill Rollagas Lighter

By Bureau of Trade
    Finding, curating, and selling quality goods, while educating guys on what it is they're actually buying, is Bureau of Trade's mission and one they do quite well. Each week the site is bringing GQ readers thoughtfully selected items for all of life's needs. This week: a lighter fit for the King...

Don't smoke. It increases the likelihood of stroke, heart disease and cancer. It has become a social liability and an overpriced hobby for those who think their later years are not worth living. Do, however, own a quality lighter. Why? Because every backyard barbecue, unexpected power outage and romantic candlelit dinner requires a reliable incendiary device. For that, we can only recommend one product: the Rollagas, produced by British luxury brand Alfred Dunhill. First introduced in Paris in 1956, the Rollagas quickly became a fixture in history's deep pockets.

Dunhill minted Rollagas lighters in platinum and studded them with precious stones (a Rollagas is a routine winner of the incredibly meaningful "world's most expensive lighter" competition), but our favorite Rollagas is a simple 14-karat gold model that belonged to Elvis Presley. The lighter was given to the King by his manager, Colonel Parker, and as the story goes, Elvis' pants were too tight to keep the lighter on his person, so Parker had to carry it for him. Thank you ver' much. - Micah Fitzerman-Blue

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

I do like the old fashioned lighters and I have seen several similar styles on a popular buying site that sometimes go for ridiculous amounts of money. Dunhill and Cartier especially.

Frickin sharp lighter!

I thought this was going to be a dumb article, but then when I saw the lighter whoa.
    Only Elvis is cool enough to carry a lighter like this and have people talk about it decades later.