Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ginger slams priscilla in magazine article.

Re: Ginger slams priscilla in magazine article.

Heres a link to 2 small video interviews of Ginger and Linda from 1980:
    http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/..._thompson.html
    Work in Progress!

Another quote from Linda in the Larry King interview:
    Larry King: Why did you break up?

Linda Thompson: Well, after four-and-a-half years of the yo-yo back and forth of other women, up all night, sleeping all day, the drug abuse, you know, it was... I just realized that I probably was never gonna be able to help him the way I wanted to help him. There was no Betty Ford Center then. There was no place for him to go, and he kept falling back into this prescription drug dilemma.
    Larry King: So what did you do? How did you handle it?

Linda Thompson: He helped me actually. Because I was in San Francisco with him and he said, honey, would you like to fly back to Memphis? I have brought the Jet Star in to take you back. And, you know, deducing that he was not going to bring the plane in just for me, I figured he brought another girl in from Memphis, and that was his way of saying, you know, there's another girl here, but you know, you want to go back to Memphis for a few days. He was playing the Cow Palace. And I said yes, that's fine. I'll go back to Memphis, but I'm sure you've brought someone else to be with. Oh, no, honey, I would never do that. The last time I saw him alive he looked me in the eye and said, I want you to know something, honey, before you leave. No matter what you ever hear, no matter what everybody ever tells you, I just want you to know that I love you. I don't love anyone else. There's no other girl here, and you're the one I love. OK.

Larry King: Did you think there was a girl there?
    Linda Thompson: I knew there was. She was on the floor below, waiting.
    Work in Progress!

The interview with Linda really speaks volumes about Elvis' attitudes towards women.In her comments you see some evidence of whjy Elvis' relationships never worked out.Including his marriage.Elvis could not be faithfull to anyone.It was a major flaw in his character.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    The last time I saw him alive he looked me in the eye and said, I want you to know something, honey, before you leave. No matter what you ever hear, no matter what everybody ever tells you, I just want you to know that I love you. I don't love anyone else. There's no other girl here, and you're the one I love. OK.
    That's what he said to all his girls, and I mean all the girls he was with at the same time. Either Elvis was the cheekiest guy in the world or he had a big emotional/psychological issue. I'd say both options are correct, besides the huge quantity of meds he took didn't allow him to think clearly most of the time in my opinion.

Donut
    I think Elvis was a player long before the meds were an issue.I think every woman he was involved with got the same treatment as Linda.Going all the way back to the Sun record days.I think it was just who he was.The fact is Elvis just didnt treat or respect women as you might expect.I think he sabotoged every good relationship he ever had.I understand if you want to unleash the hamster

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Donut
    I think Elvis was a player long before the meds were an issue.I think every woman he was involved with got the same treatment as Linda.Going all the way back to the Sun record days.I think it was just who he was.The fact is Elvis just didnt treat or respect women as you might expect.I think he sabotoged every good relationship he ever had.I understand if you want to unleash the hamster
    Yes, that's true. I should have specified and said the medication affected him emotionally during his last years. The reason I said this is because I'm rereading stories from those years in which he seemed to be feeling very confused, sad and alone, even though he had all those girls with with at all times. I think the huge amount of prescribed drugs he took worsened his state of mind. But yeah, it's not like he was ever faithful to any girl...

If Elvis could have somehow changed his attitudes I think he could have stayed in a good healthy relationship.It's obvious he inspired loyalty and devotion in those around him.Going back to the 50's I think they were probably 6 or 7 women that would have stayed with him long term.Probably would have married him.Elvis just couldnt be content though.

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    If Elvis could have somehow changed his attitudes I think he could have stayed in a good healthy relationship.It's obvious he inspired loyalty and devotion in those around him.Going back to the 50's I think they were probably 6 or 7 women that would have stayed with him long term.Probably would have married him.Elvis just couldnt be content though.
    The main problem, in my opnion, is that he had it too easy with them. They did whatever he asked and wanted and it must be difficult to feel respect and admiration for someone when they act like puppets in your hands. Look what happened to him with Ginger, for instance. He couldn't get her do whatever he wanted like he did with the rest and she was the one he ended up asking to marry him... We will never know if would have finally marry her but it looks like her rebelliousness was attractive to him.

It would be interesting to be able to find out just what made Elvis that way. You would think with his devotion to his mother that his respect for women would be much higher. I suspect that Vernon's running around and maybe several of his other male relatives might have had something to do with it in the way that he thought it was a natural thing?

TCB Mafia

I think it's because Elvis Presley had more options when it came to women than most people and that was due to the fact that he was a very handsome man and famous.

It's also because the women he was with accepted and tolerated him being with other women which is unusual.

The number of relationships men and women have varies but often times they have dated two or three people before they finally decide to get married.

Most men don't have as many women wanting to date them as Elvis did.

I think that was one of the reasons that made Elvis not want to get married.

There were other people like that.

Warren Beatty
    Jack Nicholson
    George Clooney
    Wilt Chamberlain
    Scott Baio

If more of the average Joe had the options that Elvis had they would date more women and they might not want to settle down either.

To Elvis' credit he was single most of his life and he may have settled down like Warren Beatty did when he was an older man.

You only live once and if you have as many opportunities with women as Elvis did you might as well take advantage of that.

I can understand why Elvis didn't want to get married to Dixie Locke in 1956 or Anita Wood in 1960.

The lifestyle he had with Linda Thompson is probably the way he wanted it when it came to women.
    Last edited by Brian; 07-12-2013 at 10:27 AM.

It would be interesting to imagine if he never became famous....and stayed a truck driver (or similar)
    could he, because of the lack of opportunities, stayed faithful, and had a normal healthy relationship with either Dixie, or Barbara?

Obviously he was a good looking kid, but without the 'famous' tag....women wouldn't have thrown themselves at him the same.
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Probably not to the extent that he was able to after he gained his fame, but I bet he still would have had quite a few girls chasing him because of his looks and would have gone with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Probably not to the extent that he was able to after he gained his fame, but I bet he still would have had quite a few girls chasing him because of his looks and would have gone with it.
    In the case of Elvis, is not just about fame!I do not know how the other ladies, but I'd go with him for a coffee, no matter in which year? (1977 obviously ).
    It does not matter to me what he looked like. It is important, what else he could feel!
    Each of us would love to help Him with ... I think it's understandable?
    I'll Remember You!!!

Elvis loved women, women loved him. Shouldn't really have been married, that's for sure. That being said, his infidelity in his relationships wasn't right and fair to his partner at the time. Still, that was part of being a male celebrity back then was the amount of secrecy they had in their affairs and the loyalty for the most part from the women who they were cheating with as far as keeping the star's privacy and not going to the media. Nowadays this wouldn't happen. I was watching the video of Let Yourself Go from the comeback special the other day where he has that scene with the beautiful and luscious Susan Hennig and thinking what a lucky man he was because he and she were having a relationship. It then donned on me that he was a newly married man!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post
    Elvis loved women, women loved him. Shouldn't really have been married, that's for sure. That being said, his infidelity in his relationships wasn't right and fair to his partner at the time. Still, that was part of being a male celebrity back then was the amount of secrecy they had in their affairs and the loyalty for the most part from the women who they were cheating with as far as keeping the star's privacy and not going to the media. Nowadays this wouldn't happen. I was watching the video of Let Yourself Go from the comeback special the other day where he has that scene with the beautiful and luscious Susan Hennig and thinking what a lucky man he was because he and she were having a relationship. It then donned on me that he was a newly married man!
    I can only sympathize with you
    I'll Remember You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    It would be interesting to be able to find out just what made Elvis that way. You would think with his devotion to his mother that his respect for women would be much higher. I suspect that Vernon's running around and maybe several of his other male relatives might have had something to do with it in the way that he thought it was a natural thing?
    Yes, you would think the way Elvis treated his mother, how he thought the world of her, that he would treat women with more respect. I think it's also a matter of him getting away with it. The women allowed it, so he probably didn't feel the need to change.

That's true Franny, too many women threw themselves at Elvis...no self respect so I guess they shouldn't have expected any from him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234