Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

I think both KPM and RoR have raised good points and during each post, I find myself leaning to the fact that Lisa has to some extent had it easy with regards to her career. Yes, she's had doors opened and been given opportunities most could only dream of, yet she's also had it tough because the expectations of her talent were there prior to her opening her mouth.

RoR does make a very good point in the fact that if music was a path she seriously wanted to do, she should've worked harder by touring smaller venues and putting herself out there more. Eventually she would have built up a legitimate fan base that doesn't consist of many of her fathers fans. People will always go to gigs to hear new music, but Lisa doesn't appear to have the dedication to seriously follow it through and give it her all.

KPM posted that Lisa's personal problems were also distractions to her career and that is on point too. Whether we agree with that or not, it doesn't matter. She has struggled with them and at various times in her life, she may not have felt confident or strong enough to take on a musical project. I believe it was also KPM who has previously stated that Lisa is or could be a magnificent poet, music may be in her blood, but I don't feel it's in her soul. I don't dislike LMP but she needs to seriously consider which way her career is heading and whether it's something she wants to continue to pursue.

I feel for Lisa her family comes first...and that's not a bad thing. Writing and singing may just be her outlet for all her life's frustrations. I agree she doesn't have her soul in her music as her dad did but I do like some of her material and her low voice. I can't abide by shrieking singers.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I feel for Lisa her family comes first...and that's not a bad thing. Writing and singing may just be her outlet for all her life's frustrations. I agree she doesn't have her soul in her music as her dad did but I do like some of her material and her low voice. I can't abide by shrieking singers.
    Mariah Carey has just taken you off of her Christmas card list Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I do like her voice too, and there is nothing wrong with family going first. But many great artists manage both with success, certainly not Elvis as he lost his family because of touring and all, I guess that might be a reason why Lisa does not throw all of herself into the water but only dips her little finger tip. Some kind of trauma after what happened to her father. But in art, if you want be good, like real good, is either all or nothing.

Maybe she should be doing better, and even evolved better as a musician if she had kept her self low profile. It will all be more real, but she wants it big time (or her managment wants it that way) when in fact, without the last name, she is not up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Mariah Carey has just taken you off of her Christmas card list Diane
    Aw what a shame! I much prefer Beyonce.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    I do like her voice too, and there is nothing wrong with family going first. But many great artists manage both with success, certainly not Elvis as he lost his family because of touring and all, I guess that might be a reason why Lisa does not throw all of herself into the water but only dips her little finger tip. Some kind of trauma after what happened to her father. But in art, if you want be good, like real good, is either all or nothing.

Maybe she should be doing better, and even evolved better as a musician if she had kept her self low profile. It will all be more real, but she wants it big time (or her managment wants it that way) when in fact, without the last name, she is not up to it.
    I agree. I don't think she wants it as much as people behind her who are pushing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234